Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok so now i've been using taz for almost 2 weeks and my skin has gottin a little worse on one side, and on the other... deffiniatly better,.. but im only using the 0.5% should i switch to 1%

?!?!?!?

someone that has had good results from taz what were your daily steps

wash face with cetaphil gentle cleanser, pat dry with clean towel, wait 5 -10minutes, apply cetaphil gentle moisturizer (not the face stuff), wait 4-5 minutes, apply pea sized amount of 0.1 taz gel to whole face (not forehead, though-- never get breakouts there).

i do this every night and didn't start seeing results until about 2 months into it

I used the 0.05% cream without much result for about a year. Then, I switched to the 0.1% gel twice per day, and it has helped greatly. I still break out in cysts if I try to go back down to once per day or slack off on any part of the over-the-counter part of my regimen.

My regimen (be advised that I slowly worked into this number of products over time to avoid excessive irritation):

Morning

Cleanse.

Apply toner.

Wait until dry.

Apply BHA.

Wait 10 minutes.

Apply Tazorac.

Wait 10 minutes.

Apply antioxidant serum.

Apply moisturizer/sunscreen.

Night

Cleanse.

Apply clay/carbon mask.

Wait 10 minutes.

Rinse off mask.

Apply toner.

Wait until dry.

Apply BHA.

Wait 10 minutes.

Apply Tazorac.

Wait 10 minutes.

Apply antioxidant serum.

Apply moisturizer.

I use all Paula's Choice products. If you want the exact names of the products, just ask or PM me.

yeah, im also useing 0.,5 i really dont have that many whiteheads or cysts its just pretty red.. how do you know if its scaring or not????

yeah, im also useing 0.,5 i really dont have that many whiteheads or cysts its just pretty red.. how do you know if its scaring or not????

Can you tell if there are any pits or raised areas underneath your red marks? I can generally see scars forming before the red marks over them fade. If you don't have any cysts or really inflamed acne and don't dig at your acne, you might not get permanent scarring at all.

Can you tell if there are any pits or raised areas underneath your red marks? I can generally see scars forming before the red marks over them fade. If you don't have any cysts or really inflamed acne and don't dig at your acne, you might not get permanent scarring at all.

mmh not too bad like i would say nothing serious but it is pretty red but not really indentation or anything im just scared cause its red

Well, Tazorac may be able to fade the red marks more quickly, so you're on the right stuff, at least. :)

I wouldn't move up to .1% from .05% that made me breakout in horrible cheek acne that left redmarks

I still use tazorac but it wasn't really the reason my skin got better. I am considering weening my skin off of it

I wouldn't move up to .1% from .05% that made me breakout in horrible cheek acne that left redmarks

I still use tazorac but it wasn't really the reason my skin got better. I am considering weening my skin off of it

oh reallly? welll what made your skin beetttter?!?

I used the 0.05% cream without much result for about a year. Then, I switched to the 0.1% gel twice per day, and it has helped greatly. I still break out in cysts if I try to go back down to once per day or slack off on any part of the over-the-counter part of my regimen.

My regimen (be advised that I slowly worked into this number of products over time to avoid excessive irritation):

Morning

Cleanse.

Apply toner.

Wait until dry.

Apply BHA.

Wait 10 minutes.

Apply Tazorac.

Wait 10 minutes.

Apply antioxidant serum.

Apply moisturizer/sunscreen.

Night

Cleanse.

Apply clay/carbon mask.

Wait 10 minutes.

Rinse off mask.

Apply toner.

Wait until dry.

Apply BHA.

Wait 10 minutes.

Apply Tazorac.

Wait 10 minutes.

Apply antioxidant serum.

Apply moisturizer.

I use all Paula's Choice products. If you want the exact names of the products, just ask or PM me.

That's way too many products, at least for daily use. Less is better.

oh reallly? welll what made your skin beetttter?!?

I went back on the regular tazorac, started drinking small amount of diluted apple cider vinegar, i take antibiotics, and i use a toner. i also do an egg white and lemon mask once in a while. sometimes a stronger topical makes things much worse. its better to stick to a good regimen that helps your skin improve slowly. i am basically clear besides redmarks and blackheads