Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
packer

my journy off bp

i have been a long time lurker. Well over the last 2-3 years i have been using 5% bp and boy do i regret it, it worked good for me and it cleared me up pretty good, but i could always tell my face wasn't right. It would always be red, bad texture, and dry, all around crappy.

So i stopped using bp and just washing my face with water at night a week from today and my face broke out crazy, worse then i ever had but i'm going to stick it out because i dont want to be using this for the rest of my life. But today it looks like my face is starting to calm down. Now i'm just going to use a gentle face wash twice a day

i'm going to use clean and clear oil free deep action cream cleanser, ya or na for cleanser(I have been using it with my bp)

i will give an update a week from today

Good luck.

Best thing i ever did was get rid of the Chemicals. Acne is now practically non-existant.

Hope if works for you.

Exact thing happened to me too. While I was on BP, it cleared me up really good and also took away red marks. But my face was always red and itchy when I woke up and it was just really annoying. That redness and itchyness would just be there everyday, although it would eventually go away. So I stopped that and also broke out, but I don't want to rely on BP anymore. Sure it cleared me, but the side effects were just too much. This was like last year though by the way.

well it seems my acne isn't getting any better, still breaking out in some spots.

What would be causing this, could the cleanser be bad?

Hi Packer!

I empathise with you, and agree that you should give chemicals a rest. From my own experience, the natural route is the best way to go. I suffered from severe acne - blackheads/whiteheads, nodual cystic lesions - the works. The following is what works for me:

- lots, lots of water!!!

- organic green tea (3-5 cups/day) - Bigelow is a great brand

- fruits and vegetables (lots)

- be careful about dairy and soya products (may have to eliminate from your diet)

- omega 3 (salmon, fish oils)

- zinc picolinate (50-100mg; NO more than 100mg since can suppress immune system)

- Generally, eat whole foods, avoid processed stuff (I eat nothing from a can)

- when use salt, make sure it is sea salt (w/o iodide)

-exercise (helps to normalise hormones and detox via sweat)

-at least 7 hr of sleep

- WASH face with organic, cold pressed olive oil (if have spots, add a drop or two of fresh lemons); use a hot compress until cool and ripe face

- TONE with tea tree oil (dituted with distilled water and/or an oil, ie jojoba)

- MOISTURISE with drop of 100% vitamin E and drop of jojoba oil (may or may not add a AHA source, eg small drop of Lemon juice); if have a alot of spots, may want to visit healthfood store for mulberry extract

- SUNSCREEN - Zinc Oxide mixed with shea butter (organic, crude) and aloe vrea and/or jojoba oil

Hope this helps somewhat.

PS: Ypu may breakout inititially, but just b/c you are detoxing the skin