Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I did ok this weekend but then I broke out on my chin and jaw line with these little flesh colored bumps. It’s been 2 weeks on 75mg of Doxy and 1 week of Epiduo. My cheeks are kinda doing better but now my chin and jaw line look so bad, oh and what’s up with my chest. I have a bunch of tiny little white heads on my chest (I’ve never had chest acne before). I’m so depressed, I still can’t accept my face for what it is (an acne covered mess) I’m so ugly and I can’t get over it. I’ve made an appointment with my doctor for my depression (its in two weeks) WTF do I do till then? My face is a wreck the texture of it is so bad. I’m at work right now but when I get home I’m going strait to my room and hide.

I want to stop using all these strong medications and go back to what I was using before…but then again it stopped working after 2 years of clear skin. It just never looked this bad it was never EVERYWHERE like it is now (I use to only get like 2 pimples on my cheeks, I miss those days)

Is Doxy doing this to my face and chest? I’m going to have this problem for the rest of my life? Will it ever get better? How do you cope with it?

If you have specific questions about doxycycline, it might help to post this in the antibiotics subforum, or at least in the mild/moderate acne forum. You will get more answers that way.

I've been on doxy for quite a long time. Over a year actually. At first you will see a bit of purging, which is the bad bacteria being killed off. Keep in mind that antibiotics kill ALL bacteria, so be sure you are getting the necessary vitamins to keep your immune system strong. Also probiotics, good bacteria, such as those found in yogurt can help out a lot. These types of things take some time to work, so it pays to have patience. I know it's hard. :comfort:

I have had acne for quite a few years, ranging from bordering on moderate to very mild. You most likely will not have acne for the rest of your life, but it is possible. Not likely though.

I used to have a lot of problems dealing with acne. It would help me to write out my frustrations, either in a journal or maybe in a word document if you prefer that. Personally, the physical act of the pen to paper was very cathartic for me. Maybe go on a walk or do an activity that completely relaxes you. Everybody deals with things in a different way, it's just finding what works for you. If you ever need to chat, I'm available. =)

If you have specific questions about doxycycline, it might help to post this in the antibiotics subforum, or at least in the mild/moderate acne forum. You will get more answers that way.

I've been on doxy for quite a long time. Over a year actually. At first you will see a bit of purging, which is the bad bacteria being killed off. Keep in mind that antibiotics kill ALL bacteria, so be sure you are getting the necessary vitamins to keep your immune system strong. Also probiotics, good bacteria, such as those found in yogurt can help out a lot. These types of things take some time to work, so it pays to have patience. I know it's hard. :comfort:

I have had acne for quite a few years, ranging from bordering on moderate to very mild. You most likely will not have acne for the rest of your life, but it is possible. Not likely though.

I used to have a lot of problems dealing with acne. It would help me to write out my frustrations, either in a journal or maybe in a word document if you prefer that. Personally, the physical act of the pen to paper was very cathartic for me. Maybe go on a walk or do an activity that completely relaxes you. Everybody deals with things in a different way, it's just finding what works for you. If you ever need to chat, I'm available. =)

Thank you.