Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arley23

Omega 3 Fish Oil Benefits?

Hello just a few hours ago I got a great deal on Sam's Club I bought a huge bottle of Members Mark Fish Oil Omega 3 which include 400 soft-gels for only $8.99 then I checked online and they sell it for almost $18 I got one heck of a deal, well anyways I wanted to know if anybody know what are the benefits of Omega 3 fish oil also do you recommend taking 2 or 3 per day?

Did you check how much DPA/EPA was in yours as opposed to the $18 one? There are SO many different amounts. I've been taking Omega 3 for over 2 years now, and I developed acne while I was taking them...Everyone is different though, you may seen improvements, I don't know!

Hello just a few hours ago I got a great deal on Sam's Club I bought a huge bottle of Members Mark Fish Oil Omega 3 which include 400 soft-gels for only $8.99 then I checked online and they sell it for almost $18 I got one heck of a deal, well anyways I wanted to know if anybody know what are the benefits of Omega 3 fish oil also do you recommend taking 2 or 3 per day?

fish oil is very important to have in your diet. But you need to make sure you are having the recommended amounts, especially if you have acne. If you have acne you usually should take the 1000+ mg fish oil pills, as many of us don't regularly eat coho salmon daily.

You also have to make sure you are having a 2:1 or 1:1 ration of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids. Way too high amounts of omega-6 can cause inflammation and flare acne. A lot of us end up having too much omega-6 and barely any omega-3 (fish oil), the average American has usually the 20:1 ratio (omega-6:omega-3), which is ridiculous! I didn't realize this myself until I got the The Clear Skin Diet book.

Honestly if you want to know more about specific vitamins and foods that will help your skin I would check out The Clear Skin Diet by Drs. Alan Logand & Valori Treloar.

I am not currently taking fish oil but use flax seed in smoothies and salads now.

good idea, flaxseed has a great amount of omega-3's...i never thought of that. i even still have a bag still sitting in my fridge...lol

just google it. I will tell you from person experience though.

1) My skin is alot less oily

2) Natural pain releif for headaches and joints

3) Hormonal acne areas seem to be calmer.

I am getting 1400 EPA and 600 Mg of DPA daily. I get that amount from taking only 2 pills a day from the expensive gnc type. but Im gonna go back on the giant eagle brand to save money and will need to take 6 a day to get the same amounts.

but im sure the list of benefits goes on. Ive been on it for 5 weeks now.

hmm does anyone know a link of omega 3 benefits?

I think you'd like this article on fish oil from Alan Aragon, of whom I'm a fan.

Fish Oil: Just the Facts

It doesn't really delve into the specific details of what conditions fish oil is good for, but it's nevertheless very informative.

If you want to know about specific benefits of fish oil, I suggest just going to pubmed.com and just typing in "fish oil (disease of your choice)". I've seen studies linking increased omega-3 intake with just about every major chronic disease.

Thanks for all the info guys this is my 6th day taking Omega 3 Fish Oil and I'm getting no breakouts so far.

just google it. I will tell you from person experience though.

1) My skin is alot less oily

2) Natural pain releif for headaches and joints

3) Hormonal acne areas seem to be calmer.

I am getting 1400 EPA and 600 Mg of DPA daily. I get that amount from taking only 2 pills a day from the expensive gnc type. but Im gonna go back on the giant eagle brand to save money and will need to take 6 a day to get the same amounts.

but im sure the list of benefits goes on. Ive been on it for 5 weeks now.

*Shutters* I hate GNC - my boyfriend worked there for a few years and their products really aren't top of the line. They're commission based, and are pushed to market their GNC brand products. The best fish oils I've taken are the norwegan fish oils. The best oils are those that are low in mercury. You can find good quality fish oils at places like Community Natural Foods and Planet Organic. On the other hand, even Costco fish oils do the trick.. It's just a matter of how much you want to spend on the "best of the best". If I had money, I'd be buying the top quality oils and not the generic brands.

Yeah I heard that the GNC ones are a rip off

hmm does anyone know a link of omega 3 benefits?

There's a big thread pinned right there at the top of page one of this forum.

The fish oil i use is Nutra Sea HP by Ascenta. Liquid, not pill. It's good stuff. I might try krill oil after i run out of this fish oil though.

Many health experts and researchers believe that omega 3 fatty acids are the one essential nutrient most missing in our modern day diet. This deficiency is now believed to play a major role in why there is such rampant heart disease, cancers, and brain disorders. Deficiencies in omega 3 fats have been linked to: depression, anxiety, mood swings, bipolar disorder, postpartum depression, Alzheimer’s disease, ADHD and ADD.