Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sean j

Acne on back of neck

Does anyone else get cysts on the back of their neck under their hair?? I get pimples on my upper back and shoulders too but not like what I get on my neck.. The ones I get on my neck are like big lumps and are quite painful.. I haven't heard much talk on here about it so i'm wondering if anyone else gets them and what can help to prevent them. Thanks.

You know what? I have had this exact problem for the last few (that is, 7) years - come to think about it, it seemed to get worse on the regimen. Don't get me wrong - the regimen works wonders on my face and the front of my neck, but I found that I was always putting it on the back of my neck (the area from directly below each ear, all the way round to the other ear), and my neck always seemed to form those ridiculously huge, painful swollen cysts that stop me from turning my head or even looking up because it is so painful.

You know what I decided to do about 2 months ago? I stopped using the regimen on that area. I am not shitting you - it worked! I have absolutely nothing on the back of my neck now. Turns out it was the regimen making it worse. Furthermore - I didn't just stop using the regimen, I stopped using ANYTHING on the back of my neck. No kidding - I don't even soap that area in the shower. I just wet it, and that's it.

I also have gone through periods with long hair, which also seemed to make it worse because the area gets irritated by my hair, but no more! I grew my hair again last year, and it's been down all the time, and no shitting you, the back of my neck is clear as. (corse it did make it worse until I stopped the regimen in that area 2 months ago).

I guess the skin at the back of the neck is just more sensitive to the regimen than any other areas of my face.

So yeah, just stop washing, BP'ing and moisturizing at the line your ears make with your shoulders. 2 months from now, come back and post what your experience was.

Ciao

Actually, come to think of it, I do moisturize the back of my neck, but that's the only thing that goes on daily, and that's only because my moisturizer has spf in it and I don't want my neck to burn.

I guess my neck can withstand the moisturizer, or maybe it helps to keep the skin supple and helps it to heal properly. that's my take anyway

Does anyone else get cysts on the back of their neck under their hair?? I get pimples on my upper back and shoulders too but not like what I get on my neck.. The ones I get on my neck are like big lumps and are quite painful.. I haven't heard much talk on here about it so i'm wondering if anyone else gets them and what can help to prevent them. Thanks.

Still get this sometimes..