Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zacharysmommy

Help needed with foundations

I need to find a good foundation with good coverage. I have used bare minerals before. I liked it at first but I didn't get great coverage. I have oily skin so by mid morning whatever I wear seems to have dissapeared and my face gets really shiny. I just bought some nutrogena glow sheers with spf I haven't tried it yet I am reluctant to use it. I just started the acne.org regimen.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good foundation with good coverage?

Have you tried liquid foundation? It works great for medium - heavy coverage. You should apply translucent powder over it (it will help with the shine). You may need to touch up once in a while though. You could also try purchasing a pack of oil blotting sheets.

As for your make up "disappearing" off your face, I would recommend applying a primer.

Are you looking for a mineral foundation?

Liquid, powder; anything in specific?

I am using Lancome Teint idole Ultra right now. Its liquid foundation and gives great coverage. When I first bought it, I was using power to set it but that was a mistake. This liquid foundation actually dries to a kind of powdery matte finish so it doesnt need powder on top otherwise it looks flakey esp. if you are using retin A, B.P etc. You can get a sample from Lancome counter. So far I am liking it because it saves me an extra powdering step in the morning. I have oily skin too and the shine usually doesnt show until maybe 4 or 5. Its kinda pricey though.

Another one I have seen people here talk here is the Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation. Its supposed to be good coverage and mattify your skin.

I used to use Maybelline mineral powder foundation but now with retin A, its looking powdery for me now.

I by far recommend Revlon's Color Stay foundation for oily/acne-prone skin. You only need a bit and it provides great coverage. I have incredibly oily skin, any foundation I use starts running and gets shiny in what seems like less than an hour. But this foundation stays put and controls shine. I still have slight shine becaues my skin is just that annoying... but this helps tremendously. it's not too pricey either, and you can get it at Walgreens and similar stores. Give it a try! I think you'll like it.

I really like the MAC one Im using. Its oil free and you get a lot of product. However, you have to set this make up with a powder. My mom uses a foundation from Dior she likes