Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyrider

Body moisturizer for face

I just bought a moisturizer today called Replenix CF Antioxidant body lotion.

I bought it because its got a lot of antioxidants and is reasonably priced. but its a body lotion and im going to use it on my face. Is this crazy? my mom thinks im literally nuts, she keeps yelling at me telling me i cant do that its called body lotion for a reason. I dont understand why. I told her a lotion is a lotion. all it is, is a mixture of thickeners and emollients. the only difference i can think of is that body lotions might be formulated a bit thicker.

I looked at the ingredients for the one i bought and ive seen all the ingredients in facial moisturizers around the same concentrations. I just want to make sure im not crazy here, my mom really makes me feel dumb.

I would be wary of using a body moisturiser on my face. If you really want to try it, I would suggest only using it on one patch (like lower half of left cheek, for example) for about a week to see if you have any adverse reactions or breakouts.

No, you're not crazy. Many people have done it before, me included. What you gotta remember is that the body acne lotions are meant for a skin that is slightly thicker and less fragile than the skin on your face. So, use with caution and in small amounts body acne products on your face.