Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kate_d

can eggs cause acne?

i always wondered this seen as eggs have hormones in them or watever

its a pity cos i like em n they contain so many vitamins n protein, how could they be bad..

just wonderin wat u guys thought?

It's different for everyone. Try going without them for a week or so, then introduce them back into your diet and watch your skin closely to see if you break out more than you normally would.

It's different for everyone. Try going without them for a week or so, then introduce them back into your diet and watch your skin closely to see if you break out more than you normally would.

see ive tried that but then i was told acne lesions take 2 - 3 weeks to form so its very hard to tie it to one thing ya know

hmmm think il go cold turkey for a month or so

I'd definitely go without them for more than a week. Acne can linger longer than that under the skin, and breakouts may not appear just after exposing your body to whatever factor you're testing out.

The whites are very allergenic. Anytime eat eggs, I'm only eating the yolks. They have never caused a break out for me.

yeah but i eat eggs mostly for the white of the egg cos its very high in protein,i weight train,n i think the yellow is just high in fat

i must check it out tho

The whites are very allergenic. Anytime eat eggs, I'm only eating the yolks. They have never caused a break out for me.

yeah but i eat eggs mostly for the white of the egg cos its very high in protein,i weight train,n i think the yellow is just high in fat

i must check it out tho

If they are breaking you out, they are not good for you! It is a misconception that one needs protein from egg whites to gain muscle. What does the rest of your diet consist of (it might not be the eggs)?

Common triggers for me are fruit, sugar, nuts, red meats like pork and beef, dairy products and fish, whole grains like spelt and excess carbs like legumes and potatoes, and safflower, sunflower, cottonseed oils, even canola! My diet is mainly vegetables, turkey, chicken, egg yolks, ghee, olive oil, seasonings and herbs, salads, herbal teas and occasional treats like sometimes chocolate, coffee, stevia, rice milk, appe sauce, berries, etc. On occasion I'll have a bite of cake or something similar, but when I cheat I try and stick to unprocessed treats like fruit-based dishes with minimal sugar and dairy or the oils I mentioned.

To build muscle, try to up your calories in general. There is a website that customizes protein powder for bodybuilders, I'm not sure about the name, but you can choose your protein, sweeteners, and leave out any additives that might cause you grief!

Another friend tolerates eggs, natural plain yoghurt, banana and peanut butter mixed into a smoothie post-workout.

i must check it out tho

Actually, the yellow is high in nutrients.

And according to an allergy test for common allergens, I too am allergic to egg whites.

i must check it out tho

If they are breaking you out, they are not good for you! It is a misconception that one needs protein from egg whites to gain muscle. What does the rest of your diet consist of (it might not be the eggs)?

Common triggers for me are fruit, sugar, nuts, red meats like pork and beef, dairy products and fish, whole grains like spelt and excess carbs like legumes and potatoes, and safflower, sunflower, cottonseed oils, even canola! My diet is mainly vegetables, turkey, chicken, egg yolks, ghee, olive oil, seasonings and herbs, salads, herbal teas and occasional treats like sometimes chocolate, coffee, stevia, rice milk, appe sauce, berries, etc. On occasion I'll have a bite of cake or something similar, but when I cheat I try and stick to unprocessed treats like fruit-based dishes with minimal sugar and dairy or the oils I mentioned.

To build muscle, try to up your calories in general. There is a website that customizes protein powder for bodybuilders, I'm not sure about the name, but you can choose your protein, sweeteners, and leave out any additives that might cause you grief!

Another friend tolerates eggs, natural plain yoghurt, banana and peanut butter mixed into a smoothie post-workout.

well im not a big meat eater thats y i usually rely on the eggs for my protein,i also use whey protein

i know there are loads of foods that are high in protein but i like eggs

ha id hate to have to give em up

yeah i know about building muscle my ex bf is a bodybuilder we train alot together.

yeah that smoothie sounds nice il try it thnx :)

i must check it out tho

Actually, the yellow is high in nutrients.

And according to an allergy test for common allergens, I too am allergic to egg whites.

yeah but its also high in fat

im trying to keep my weight down :lol:

how wuld i go bout getting an allergy test done????

Dairy causes the worst of my acne, other than nuts and fish. Whey protein is derived from cow casein, which is probably more likely to be causing you troubles than the egg whites. You can even customize your protein powder to be egg white actually, with stevia for sweetener and no additives, I think that would clear you up and keep you fit to boot.

Dairy causes the worst of my acne, other than nuts and fish. Whey protein is derived from cow casein, which is probably more likely to be causing you troubles than the egg whites. You can even customize your protein powder to be egg white actually, with stevia for sweetener and no additives, I think that would clear you up and keep you fit to boot.

well ive never had any problems with whey protein 2 be honest

my acne just seemed 2 get worse the more i uped the egg intake

what fish causes acne? really? aw crap

for me fish definitely is problematic. Salmon and tuna, maybe not fish you catch in the summertime, but definitely canned and fresh fish storebought gives me trouble.

Wow that's crazy meat_pirate, that fish, nuts and meat break you out...those things are really helpful for my skin - they're full of good oils and zinc!! I have no problems with eggs, I eat 1-2 daily. I do buy farm free range eggs though, which I assume wouldn't be pumped full of hormones...

well ive never had any problems with whey protein 2 be honest

my acne just seemed 2 get worse the more i uped the egg intake

what fish causes acne? really? aw crap

Yes fish has iodine in it. I break out from soy sauce and sushi. I dont know why it always has to be the foods we love that break us out!

Eggs definitley DONT make me break out but i also buy the RIGHT kinda eggs. I buy the eggs that say no added harmones 100% organic and No added antibiotics and also a source of Omega 3")

Can be bought at any food store")

Here is some info on it:

Can Eggs Cause Acne?

The Lowdown on Eggs and Acne

Eggs -- you either love them or hate them. Of course, almost all of us eat eggs in one form or another. Besides the occasional omelets, cake and cookies have eggs too. But can eggs cause an increase in acne?

Allergies, Allergies, Allergies…

Eggs are one of the top five food allergens. Many individuals simply can’t tolerate eggs or have to strictly limit the amount of eggs they consume. If you enjoy eggs but also suffer from acne, you might want to reevaluate your diet.

Cutting Back

It’s not absolutely necessary for you to eliminate eggs completely if you think they’re affecting your acne. It really depends on how many eggs you eat per week. If you eat eggs frequently, then you will definitely have to cut back a bit.

It’s not advisable to eat eggs every day. Many acne sufferers have noticed that consuming eggs causes more problematic acne that appears deep under the skin, not the usual whiteheads they typically experience.

Is It Really Pure?

If you frequently eat out, sometimes additives to the eggs such as when you order an omelet can be part of the problem. It is advisable for every acne sufferer to evaluate their diet to determine problematic foods. As a general rule of thumb, the more severe the acne is, the more drastic dietary changes you will need to take.

No Yolks, Please

You might also want to try isolating the egg whites and egg yolks. Sometimes individuals have more difficulty with egg yolks, and if that is true for you, then you can still enjoy egg white omelettes.

It’s Worth It

Some people have difficulty modifying their diets, but if you suffer from acne, the results can be astounding. It’s worth a try, even if you eliminate problematic foods for six days a week, and indulge on those foods on Saturday, you can still notice some benefit.

If allowing yourself one day a week to “cheat†helps you reduce your intake of problematic foods, then go ahead and have one free day each week. Your main goal is to try to eliminate problematic foods as much as possible, and at least you won’t be eating those foods every day if you have one free day built into your week.

Unless you’re willing to make diet modifications, you’ll never enjoy the benefits of a diet geared towards reducing acne.

no way, i pretty much cured acne in my facial area. i used to not eat any eggs but for 2 months now I eat 3 to 10 eggs daily and nothing has happened, though i have more energy. i eat them boiled, egg yolk is still completely liquid. cooking time: 5 minutes