Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
katakana

Learnt a LOT over the years

Hi,

I was a member here a few years ago - 4 to be exact. At that time the board was rife with people trying to self-surgery their own scars etc. It was a bit awful and very upsetting for me. I had, have, some very deep chicken pox scars on my face, a LOT of them. It's not pretty, but that's my face I guess - or so I thought.

I would sit and look at my face RIGHT UP CLOSE in the mirror, examining every little detail of the flaws my skin had to show.

This board didn't help, as there were a few members that were very troubled and making me think that doing home remedies might assist these problems. THEY WERE WRONG. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD UNLESS THEY HAVE A PhD.

I tried needling, dermabrasion, laser, injections of filler ... NONE OF IT WORKS.

The ONLY thing that will help you to heal you is getting a life and making something of you.

Yes, dermabrasion had some instance on my scars, but it also hurt like hell and left me red and sore for a very long time. My friends love me anyway.

I'm not discounting ANYONE'S situation here - just trying to say that I learnt so much more about me by getting the hell over the "head" aspect that was involved in my scars and just getting on with LIFE!

I don't care anymore, sure, I'd remove them if I could, but hell, we all know that's not gonna happen cause deep skin indentations don't fill.

I'll survive - and be happy! So should you!

Don't prick your skin with needles or burn your skin with email ordered crap ... you're just makin' it worse!

Just concentrate on being YOU and do something worthwhile that leads people to you.

Cheers

xoxo

Seriously, seeing that people are STILL trying to roll their skin with needles to help scarring is amazing to me. HELOOOOOOO!

This is just shameful. This board makes money off you folks feeling down and out in yourselves - make folks feel ugly and they will buy crap to make them feel better. What a heap.

None of it works.

Save your cash and spend it on school. Go make something of yourself and show all those pricks that made fun of you what a millionaire made from brains and hard work looks like.

:P

Hi,

I was a member here a few years ago - 4 to be exact. At that time the board was rife with people trying to self-surgery their own scars etc. It was a bit awful and very upsetting for me. I had, have, some very deep chicken pox scars on my face, a LOT of them. It's not pretty, but that's my face I guess - or so I thought.

I would sit and look at my face RIGHT UP CLOSE in the mirror, examining every little detail of the flaws my skin had to show.

This board didn't help, as there were a few members that were very troubled and making me think that doing home remedies might assist these problems. THEY WERE WRONG. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD UNLESS THEY HAVE A PhD.

I tried needling, dermabrasion, laser, injections of filler ... NONE OF IT WORKS.

The ONLY thing that will help you to heal you is getting a life and making something of you.

Yes, dermabrasion had some instance on my scars, but it also hurt like hell and left me red and sore for a very long time. My friends love me anyway.

I'm not discounting ANYONE'S situation here - just trying to say that I learnt so much more about me by getting the hell over the "head" aspect that was involved in my scars and just getting on with LIFE!

I don't care anymore, sure, I'd remove them if I could, but hell, we all know that's not gonna happen cause deep skin indentations don't fill.

I'll survive - and be happy! So should you!

Don't prick your skin with needles or burn your skin with email ordered crap ... you're just makin' it worse!

Just concentrate on being YOU and do something worthwhile that leads people to you.

Cheers

xoxo

I'm not a doctor but he is: http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clini...f_N_Am_2005.pdf

Considering you have been away from the board for quite awhile, you may want to bring yourself up to speed about a given subject before spouting nonsense.

Maybe in a year or two you can revisit us again and tell us how much more you have ...."LEARNT".

I understand your larger point: that you should focus on other facets of your life such as getting an education and things that are less superficial and that you have more control over. I think that's on point, but to to say that nothing works is simply not true. Most of the scar treatments available today are not perfect, but they do help...I have seen amazing improvements with my own eyes. And more advanced treatments have become more available and publicized since 4 years ago. We're not quite at the level of achieving perfect skin restoration, but I do have faith that it's possible. You just never know.

People always have some model to live there lives with scars. its just a big pile of poop. scarred people are suffering. Im getting sick of people trying to say that scar arent a problem and we should just forget about it. Scars are a SERIOUS problem and I think all of us on the forums are trying to fix it. whats wrong with that.

acne is another problem and it shouldn't just be put aside.

what the hell is the point of all these people coming on these forums to tell eveyone "nothing worked for me, so nothing works period, give up like i did...no seriously, give up guys."

Actually i already know the answer to that question, misery loves company. If you had fully accepted your situation, you wouldnt still come on these forums in an attempt to get others to join in on giving up.

You say dont listen to anyone who doesnt have a PhD. First of all, do you have a PhD? And second of all, what does a PhD have to do with experiencing scars and trying scar treatments? People on here try treatments and report their improvements or lack there of. Pretty simple. Whether people take others' advice (PhD or not) is personal choice and is no guarantee of success.

dont come on here trying to make a valid argument that "nothing works" without telling us how/with what/over what time you tried the treatments you did. Obviously, one person cannot try every method in the all ways possible (and this is even besides the point that everyone's skin differs)

Seriously, seeing that people are STILL trying to roll their skin with needles to help scarring is amazing to me. HELOOOOOOO!

Ya that's is some bullshit im sure there are treatments that work at least to some extent. And i don't know how bad your scarring is but if you had deep ice picks all over ur cheeks and temples like I do you wouldn't just shrug it off. Having Acne/scars from it has significantly affected my life more than anything else. It certainly makes you tougher tho I can't imagine how different some of my friends would be if they had them. The mere fact that I go out and have gotten girls before is a huge accomplishment when I could just see all my friends with crystal clear faces being a complete loser if they had my affliction. Its hard to say tho since we all compensate and try to make the best of things maybe they would too. People that never had severe acne or scarring don't know wat it feels like to get all cleaned up and shaved and to have the type of scarring which is basically permanent acne so they are never looking their best. It would be one thing if you were just born ugly, but to become unattractive because your part of the 1 % of the population that has severe nodules and cysts, it really hurts. So ya i'm looking for a solution and im sure everyone else who has scars like me is too so go back to wherever u were for four years instead shooting down our hopes like that

I wrote a similar post discussing my unsuccessful scar treatments however it turned out into quite a negative thread. I understand what people here are saying. I had scars that at the time I thought really brought me down. I was constantly depressed. And I can tell you this, going for scar treatments and looking worse after than before is probably the most horrible thing I've experienced. I'm not telling people not to go and try to fix your scars, by all means try. But I just thought people should be aware that things can get much worse because to be honest science really isnt quite there when it comes to acne scars and dermatologists often use us as guniea pigs. There are even doctors or maybe employees of doctors that come on this board and write spam to try to get us to come in, how people can be so greedy kind of disgusting. Having had scars for about 10 years (from 15-25) was pretty damn awful, then trying to get them fixed, spending thousands of dollars, and looking worse is something that I cant even explain, that's how bad it feels. in life, you always tell yourself if you work really hard good things will happen; i'm not too sure this is the case with acne scars. well i hope this doesn't turn into a negative thread. best of luck to all of you, whatever you decide.

Katakana is only trying to help which I find respectable.. she's cautioning people from wasting time and $$ like she has, which evidently left her w/minimal improvement and sorely disappointed. Since then she's realized it's been more worth her while to move on and live life. This has become her Truth and it is a great message to send others here. This one aspect of ourselves shouldn't be how we define our daily existence and therein our lives. Because her perception has shifted off of her skin, so has her reality.. into a much happier one. she's also saving time and energy :dance: and instead directing it toward more tangible pursuits.

Focusing all of your life energy on eliminating scars is kind of extreme and can set you up for failure.. like putting all of your eggs in one basket persey. HOWEVER, I do believe there can be a healthy middle ground in which we do not have to give up altogether. LOL katakana don't you know rule #1 --neverrr tell people to give up!! it will only get them angry and defensive!! That's like dissing somebody's mama.. our dreams to improve our skin are very personal to each one of us! So although you have good intentions, I don't think there is any harm in trying to improve our condition as long as we can maintain a balance.. meaning, the outcome of our lives isn't dependent upon the state of our skin. A backup plan is good. Though I will continue searching, testing, and learning.. the passion for scar improvment doesn't have to be all bad, as long as you don't forget to live your life in the meantime. It also helps that medical advances are accelerating like never before.. who knows what is or isn't possible anymore?

thanks for sharing lala23.. it seems like no matter how good the advice really is, most people have to learn it for themselves usually the hard way

Katakana is only trying to help which I find respectable.. she's cautioning people from wasting time and $$ like she has, which evidently left her w/minimal improvement and sorely disappointed. Since then she's realized it's been more worth her while to move on and live life. This has become her Truth and it is a great message to send others here. This one aspect of ourselves shouldn't be how we define our daily existence and therein our lives. Because her perception has shifted off of her skin, so has her reality.. into a much happier one. she's also saving time and energy :dance: and instead directing it toward more tangible pursuits.

Focusing all of your life energy on eliminating scars is kind of extreme and can set you up for failure.. like putting all of your eggs in one basket persey. HOWEVER, I do believe there can be a healthy middle ground in which we do not have to give up altogether. LOL katakana don't you know rule #1 --neverrr tell people to give up hope!! it will only get them angry and defensive!! That's like dissing somebody's mama.. our dreams to improve our skin are very personal to each one of us! So although you have good intentions, I don't think there is any harm in trying to improve our condition as long as we can maintain a balance.. meaning, the outcome of our lives isn't dependent upon the state of our skin. A backup plan is good. Though I will continue searching, testing, and learning.. the passion for scar improvment doesn't have to be all bad, as long as you don't forget to live your life in the meantime. It also helps that medical advances are accelerating like never before.. who knows what is or isn't possible anymore?

I live life and have a lot of hobbies, but im also a acne/scar sufferer and im still looking for a cure.

I agree with Kat17. I too will keep trying to improve my scars, but life has to somehow go on. I will still try to see the good things life has to offer, despite my misfortune.