Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
klousmomi

When will Sotret start working for me?

Okay, so I have been taking 40mg of Sotret a day for the last two months and I haven't seen any results. My lips are dry, so is my scalp, I've had a sore throat for the last month and a half too, but no clear skin. My face is actually worse now than before. I am embarassed to go out with my husband and daughter because the way people look at me, it just makes me want to cry.

I'm 26, why do I still have acne issues?

I have an appointment on the 16th, should I talk to my doctor about putting me on a higher dose? Is 40mg a low dose as it is?

Okay, so I have been taking 40mg of Sotret a day for the last two months and I haven't seen any results. My lips are dry, so is my scalp, I've had a sore throat for the last month and a half too, but no clear skin. My face is actually worse now than before. I am embarassed to go out with my husband and daughter because the way people look at me, it just makes me want to cry.

I'm 26, why do I still have acne issues?

I have an appointment on the 16th, should I talk to my doctor about putting me on a higher dose? Is 40mg a low dose as it is?

Be patient! A friend of me saw results after 5 months!

I'm trying but I guess it is just getting the best of me. I've tried everything under the sun to clear up my acne and I was really hoping to see results by now.

Good things come to those who wait, right?

The derm will probably up the dosage himself. I've read many logs with no improvement until the third month or so.

Well my face is still broken out and my lips are extremely dry, I'm scared that if I smile they will split. I have developed a rash of sorts on the back of my hands, too.

I will keep waiting to see results, this problem didn't start over night and I shouldn't expect it to clear up over night either.

Well the good news is the accutane is doing something hence, the dry lips, and rash on the back of the hands.... as hard as it is to say and do just be patient and hold on...everyday is one day closer to hopefully not having to deal with this again.

Just got back from the doctor's office, she doubled my dose to 40mg twice a day. Hopefully this will start helping things a little more. I had a massive breakout over the weekend and the doc got to see those today!

make sure your are taking the accutane with a meal that has adequate fat in it. Its really important for the absorption of the accutane. hope u see results soon.