Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leonardo790

How many people around you have acne?

I've been wondering what the rest of you guys have to deal with in terms of sort of suffering alone.

Do you have friends who suffer skin problems like you? People you work with or go to school with? How many people do you see sort of on a daily basis who you think have the same skin as you?

Myself - High School, so obviously we've got our share of kids with bad skin. But the weird thing is that we're the smallest minority I swear ... everyone seems to have that perfectly clear skin without any attempt, (one of my closest friends didn't even know what a cleanser was or anything :snooty: )

So what about you guys?

I am in high school as well, and I definitely see other people with bad skin. However, while I wouldn't say we are in the minority, we certainly aren't in the majority.

One of my friends has mild acne. My brother had severe which is now mild. I've got a co-worker with rosacea and a new co-worker that has moderate acne. My daughter started puberty. She gets a few spots every now and then. I see folks with it all the time when out and about. It's everywhere.

My brother and my sister both had acne, and my mother had bad skin up until her fifties, so acne wasn't this random thing that afflicted only me in my house. It became somewhat normalized, because I'd seen most of my family deal with it at one point or another.

As far as my friends went, my acne was the most severe in my circle, though others did have more moderate and mild issues than I did. There were other people I knew that had issues just as bad or as worse as mine, so again, it wasn't as though I was totally alone.

My acne was something I absolutely did not talk about with people outside of my family, though, so if others were struggling with it I wouldn't have known.

My sister and I both have acne. Hers is pretty clear now and I am working on mine lol. Nobody else in my family does though. All of my cousins have great skin and my parents do also for the most part.

i got a public hs with 4500+ kids. most kids in my school have some sort of acne, whether its just mild to moderate and many with severe. i'd say theres only about 1/3 of the kids with COMPLETELY clear skin, just mainly girls (who might be concealing with makeup)

In highschool - I didn't have acne, but I'd say about 5 people out of a couple hundred had acne.

In University - I've seen like, one other girl with acne. Every single person in every one of my classes in EVERY semester had clear skin. This is no word of a lie. What the flippin shit is that all about? Unless there are many people who know how to cover up their acne flawlessly.

I feel like crap going to class when everyone else is so confident and beautiful.

Hmm, at my school (11-18) there are about 900 people, and I think I've seen maybe 6 people with severe acne, and then a few people I know have mild/moderate, but about 95% of my year are almost perfectly clear, it really bugs me.

my brother is 16 and already scaring ouch and my cousin has it as bad as i had it when i was 17. i never got a pimple in my life until that dreadfull summer when i was 16... so weird

If I didn't have red marks then my acne would look very mild. It is so weird, I have had so many zits on my chin, jawline, nose and forehead, but I have never had one on my cheeks.. I am thankful for that because then my acne would probably look pretty severe. Anyway, I saw pics of my dad at about 18 and he had basically no acne, so i am praying that mine starts to die down soon as well :)

Also, there is one guy in my year who has had mild acne for quite a while now, but recently it has gotten worse and everyone makes fun out of him because he has very oily skin and hair, telling him to 'take a shower' e.t.c People haven't said that to me, but I feel so bad for him. I don't want to step in because I will just get laughed at. I just saw a pic of him on facebook and he was arguing with this guy in my school who used to be friends with him, and a bunch of other people came and started making very horrible comments, one person said 'he has been on spot medication for well over a year but it doesn't look like it has worked has it?' I really don't know how someone can be such a stuck up bastard.

Almost never see anyone with acne. Other than me. None of my friends do, no one in either of my schools did. The first was a private school, so I guess they could all afford to be flawless. In the public school I guess there was maybe one girl with a spot or two on her chin, but that's about it.

Now I am just in programs and classes with people over 30, so I stick out like a big red....face.

My brothers skin is like butter. My mom and dad never ever had acne and boyfriend will get like 1 or at most 2 pimples on his forehead.

All my friends have perfect skin (I don’t understand that, they eat garbage; fast food, soda and tons of alcohol and put the worst stuff on there face…I don’t think they even wash their face) seriously they’ll fall asleep with their make-up on and not bother re-doing it the next morning…gross. I’m the only one with acne and I’m vegan, I haven’t had a soda in like 5 years (or any sugar for that matter) and I put nothing on my face that cost less $10.00 (I know that the price doesn’t matter…but still).

I’m the healthy person I know (besides my boyfriend). It even makes my dad say that problem is that my body is lacking a big fat greasy burger with fries…so annoying.

Oh and all my co-workers…not one blemish.

I HATE LIFE!!! IT MAKES NO SENSE

There is maybe one other person at work that has moderate acne and his is clearing up really well. Two of the girls at work have very light acne and me, well I am in my late 40's and I still break out. Even the kids that come in for lunch, and night crew kids all have beautiful skin. THey eat burgers, frys, ice cream and drink about a gallon of soda a day and they don't even have a large pore let alone acne while I eat healthy, once in a great while I will have some frys but really, come on. You would think that all the crap they eat would affect them but it doesn't. Sometimes genetics are just not fair. It makes me feel very self consious about myself and I absoulty hate going in the part of the store where the sun shines very brightly so not only do they see my spots but now lines, wrinkles and eczema! and I worry about how my makeup looks. The other night I had a bad dream that my make up was all spotty and looked hideous! So I guess I would say 3. Elf

All my friends have nice skin. If anything, maybe a pimple or two once in a great while. In highschool, I saw only 3-4 people with severe acne. I'd say 3/4 of the school had nice skin. Same goes for college, pretty much all the students in my class have perfect skin! Sigh, lucky butts :rolleyes:

A lot of my friends are clear but I have a good amount of friends that have issues with their skin.

I don't talk about it with them, I don't talk about things like that to anyone. It's just awkward. :confused:

But yeah, there are a good amount of people in my school with acne.

OKAY...let me just say for all you who are feeling down, that people with naturally perfect skin are few and far between.

A lot of people have routines that they have perfected. I know many people who NEVER stray from their routine no matter what.

When I stay with friends with really great skin, they're always getting some form of help, ie I'll spy a tube of antibiotic cream or AHA, or perscription creams.

Birth control also does a fantastic job at clearing acne for some of my friends.

A lot of people just find the right balance between topicals, perscription and diet.

The friends I have with the clearest skin always choose salty foods over sweet.

Another girl I know always complains that she'll have to workout for hours when she is in the middle of eating a sweet desert.

The reality is almost everyone with perfect skin is getting some form of help.

Me personally, in high school, other girls actually nicknamed me 'pretty', and tried to set me up with a guy just because we both had 'perfect' skin. What a crock, I only ate like a bird once a day, in front of people so I didn't look pro ana, spent an hour and twenty minutes on makeup, used BP religiously and started birth control. Of course I had perfect skin!

I already posted but after going to school today, I noticed something...

I started to really look at people's skin.. I made a post earlier saying that almost everybody that I see at school has great skin. Or so I thought? I actively looked at skin today, and I noticed that many of the people at school have some form of acne (mild, moderate).. Many do have great skin, but I noticed a lot more skin issues if I actively look at student's skin. Maybe I just don't notice because I never thought about it before... Makes you wonder if people don't really pay attention or notice our skin, just as much as we don't really pay attention to or notice theirs.