Benzoyl Peroxide ca...

Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide causes moles?

MemberMember
(@loren646)

Posted : 03/02/2009 10:50 pm

I started using this stuff and have been getting new moles on my face. I've never really had any moles.

MemberMember
(@dirtbomb)

Posted : 03/03/2009 5:12 am

That's creepy. Are you sure it's the BP?

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 03/03/2009 5:35 am

BP is bound to do alot of horrible shit to the skin, i wouldnt doubt it caused moles.

MemberMember
(@jubie)

Posted : 03/03/2009 5:41 am

yer i dont trust the stuff either.. i use it sometimes but have noticed that after ive been sunbaking i get like white and red spots where there has been pimples so now it looks worse. tea tree oil is good for drying up pimples and calamine lotion too.x

MemberMember
(@anonanon)

Posted : 03/03/2009 7:04 am

Just go to your GP and make sure everything is safe. It's probably just a coincidence that it's happening after you started using BP.

MemberMember
(@capo89)

Posted : 03/03/2009 7:10 am

BP is bound to do alot of horrible shit to the skin, i wouldnt doubt it caused moles.

Lol,Here we go AGAIN!

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 03/04/2009 6:24 am

Lol,Here we go AGAIN!

so are you going to keep knocking me everytime i have an opinion?

MemberMember
(@regi_1)

Posted : 03/04/2009 3:36 pm

Lol,Here we go AGAIN!

so are you going to keep knocking me everytime i have an opinion?

He isn't knocking you for having an opinion, he is knocking you for repeating it hundreds of times!

MemberMember
(@loren646)

Posted : 03/05/2009 12:55 pm

I don't know for fact it does. But i don't see why it would not. BP is pretty strong stuff. It bleaches whatever it touches. Anything that strong will react to the sun. The sun will cause freckles and 1 degree to 2nd degree burns. Now adding a chemical that will react to the sun and cause even more damage.

I see it creating tons of new moles. Even with SPF on (which I apply every day). Although it seems to work for acne it also seems to really mess my skin up.

MemberMember
(@tech99)

Posted : 03/05/2009 3:29 pm

I don't know for fact it does. But i don't see why it would not. BP is pretty strong stuff. It bleaches whatever it touches.

BP does not bleach whatever it touches. And im pretty sure the only thing that can cause moles is overexposure to sunlight. I really doubt BP can cause moles. I dont know why people come on here and post things like this, all your doing is spreading false information.

MemberMember
(@jimmy-the-greek)

Posted : 03/05/2009 5:00 pm

I think some people on this board need to exercise more caution before they make medically unsubstantiated claims. This thread is baseless and should be treated as such.

MemberMember
(@regi_1)

Posted : 03/05/2009 7:35 pm

I don't know for fact it does. But i don't see why it would not. BP is pretty strong stuff. It bleaches whatever it touches. Anything that strong will react to the sun. The sun will cause freckles and 1 degree to 2nd degree burns. Now adding a chemical that will react to the sun and cause even more damage.

I see it creating tons of new moles. Even with SPF on (which I apply every day). Although it seems to work for acne it also seems to really mess my skin up.

I only use bp on my forehead. I am very prone to freckles in the summer sun and i get them pretty much everywhere on my face EXCEPT my forehead where the bp is so..

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/05/2009 7:39 pm

I've used bp in some way for over 20 years and have no moles on my face at all. And if you look at Dan's face, it's perfection.

If you are suddenly developing a lot of moles, you should go see a Dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@loren646)

Posted : 03/13/2009 11:11 am

I don't know for fact it does. But i don't see why it would not. BP is pretty strong stuff. It bleaches whatever it touches.

BP does not bleach whatever it touches. And im pretty sure the only thing that can cause moles is overexposure to sunlight. I really doubt BP can cause moles. I dont know why people come on here and post things like this, all your doing is spreading false information.

That's what i'm saying. overexposure to sunlight. BP magnifies the strength of the sun by a lot. That's why it's not advisable to be in the sun with it (which is practically impossible).

MemberMember
(@leeaqui)

Posted : 04/08/2009 5:31 am

I started using this stuff and have been getting new moles on my face. I've never really had any moles.

I got 3 moles on my face and i never had them before. Ive been using BP for a year now. im kinda scared but i dont wanna stop using BP coz it made my skin 100% clear. I also used AHA+ and i like it. Im very sure that my moles are not caused by sun exposure coz i just stayed home most of my time. Can someone give me some information about moles? does BP has somehing to do with these moles?

MemberMember
(@hi123)

Posted : 04/08/2009 11:49 am

That's what i'm saying. overexposure to sunlight. BP magnifies the strength of the sun by a lot. That's why it's not advisable to be in the sun with it (which is practically impossible).

Actually it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun. different people react differently to different medicine. My moles actually went away with acne :) but you know it's still acne :( You should change products or talk to a professional. It could be something else.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 04/08/2009 11:57 am

I've used bp in some way for over 20 years and have no moles on my face at all. And if you look at Dan's face, it's perfection.

If you are suddenly developing a lot of moles, you should go see a Dermatologist.

To reiterate what Brandy has said for other posters. Please follow the above advice.

MemberMember
(@el_loco)

Posted : 07/31/2009 3:57 am

hey Loren have you found out anything about this issue?

I've been having the same problem: zits and red marks go away but minuscule, light brown spots sometimes take their place. Do you use glycolic acid? I suspect that might be the culprit as it is known to make skin more sensitive to sunlight (mind you, I always wear sunblock with 30 SPF and avoid going out when it's sunny). I don't suspect BP since I have been using that stuff for about 10 years and this never happened before until I added glycolic acid to my regimen. Skin tone might have something to do with it as well (I'm dark skinned btw). I haven't been able to find anything online or in journals and I can't ask a dermatologist cos I'm broke and uninsured.

Anyways, I will post again if I learn anything. It'd be great to hear from you if you manage to figure out what's going on.

MemberMember
(@meow-meow-hiss)

Posted : 08/02/2009 6:35 am

i had noticed "more moles" too but realized i had them, its just i never noticed them until i stopped wearing so much make up lol. if you're concerned see a doctor, and if they're benign add glycolic at night only to lighten them up. and sunblock sunblock sunblock! even if that means re-applying mid-day. I think this is likely more to do with "ethnic skin"?

MemberMember
(@butterfly86)

Posted : 08/02/2009 6:26 pm

i had noticed "more moles" too but realized i had them, its just i never noticed them until i stopped wearing so much make up lol. if you're concerned see a doctor, and if they're benign add glycolic at night only to lighten them up. and sunblock sunblock sunblock! even if that means re-applying mid-day. I think this is likely more to do with "ethnic skin"?

I agree I think it is an ethnic skin thing because of the melanin. I have noticed like 2 small moles on my cheek where i was broken out that I know weren't there. I thought maybe they could be a cluster of blackheads but i dunno...

MemberMember
(@rjhdsa)

Posted : 08/06/2009 1:14 pm

OP: i'm getting new moles too, except only where i dont put BP

MemberMember
(@mrspokes)

Posted : 06/18/2013 2:41 pm

getting new moles here too; and a lot of them...