Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stevemc1189

Hello new and looking for help

Hello everyone my name is Steve and im 20 yrs old and strugling with acne worse then ever. My acne never used to be that big of a problem until about a year ago I started to ge cystic acne its so painful and unpredictable. I have been on antibotics for about 7 months now and they just recently took me off and gave me smz/tmp and this new cream called epiduo it came out this month and sad to say iv been on for over a week now and hasent done a thing for me. Until I ran across this site I was about to go on acutane but would like to see if there is anything out thre due to how expensive acutane is with no insturance. I would say I have a moderate/severe case but only occuring on my face for some reason and I think I may give the treatment here a try first. I mostly have my acne around my forehead and a HUGE one on the tip of my noce atm hopefully these products work because from my experiance i have my doubts but I will keep you posted.

what kind of products are you using? what are your personal habits? do you touch your face alot? sometimes simplethings like adjusting glasses or wiping sweat off of the face can cause blocked pores and are hard habits to break.

what kind of products are you using? what are your personal habits? do you touch your face alot? sometimes simplethings like adjusting glasses or wiping sweat off of the face can cause blocked pores and are hard habits to break.

I have a question in regards to this.

What should one do if they are sweating and they are unable at the moment to wash their face? Does wiping sweat off increase the chance of clogging pores? What's the best options to handle such situations? Also, if one can only wash their face with nothing but water (no cleansers or anything) would that still be better than doing nothing?

Also, does wiping excess oil off of your face with something like a piece of tissue also increase the chances of clogged pores?

Hi Steve, glad to have you here. While it's tempting to want to switch to a new med after it doesn't improve your skin, remember it's only been a week and much of the time it takes up to two months to notice improvements. I too am looking into Accutane, but I have tried everything under the sun it seems like and am at my wit's end. If you think the regimen here is worth a shot, why not try it? And if that doesn't work, think about Accutane again.

I'm interested to hear what you decide!