Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildrose

Could this be a cyst or nodule?

Ok so yesterday I woke up and had what I thought was a zit forming. I applied benzoyl peroxide on it, even tried toothpaste on it for a little bit. I was hoping this would calm it down but this morning it became larger and is the size of a pencil eraser and very red. It does not hurt to touch it or when I press on it. There is no head.

I got this twice before. Last time I applied hydrocortisone cream and in 3-4 days it went away and I just had a flat tiny reddish mark.

Could this be a cyst or nodule? I've never really had a cyst or nodule so I have no clue, only very mild acne. Would hydrocortisone make a cyst or nodule disappear that fast? I think it may be an allergic reaction, but I'm not sure since I don't really know what a cyst or nodule is supposed to be like.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! ;)

I asked pretty much the same question here a couple of days ago, cause I can't really tell the difference between different types of acne either. I usually get the normal zits but this time I got some huge shit on my cheek. According to user Wynne they were probably not cysts, even though I thought so.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/quick-adv...ct-t227663.html

If you could post a picture of the thing that would be good. I'm sure someone here will be able to tell if it's a cyst or not.

I asked pretty much the same question here a couple of days ago, cause I can't really tell the difference between different types of acne either. I usually get the normal zits but this time I got some huge shit on my cheek. According to user Wynne they were probably not cysts, even though I thought so.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/quick-adv...ct-t227663.html

If you could post a picture of the thing that would be good. I'm sure someone here will be able to tell if it's a cyst or not.

I would post a pic, but it looks horrible, so I'm afraid to take a picture and show it to the world!

But I did get this twice before and hydrocorisone magically made it disappear. Would this happen with a normal cyst or nodule?

I understand. It's not like you need to show the rest of your face though. Besides, everyone here is _extremely_ used to seeing pictures of acne, haha. But it's OK if you don't want to. Still, it's hard for people to say whether it's a cyst/nodule or not if they can't see it.

Yeah, I believe cysts/nodules can be killed that easily sometimes. If you're lucky they disappear when you treat them with the right stuff. Here's a couple of quotes:

"I have had this method completely shrink up a few cysts. The cysts got killed." -- Wynne (She's talking about icing/ibuprofen/antibiotic ointment)

"Also IDK if you wanna try this, but A&D Diaper Rash cream with Zinc Oxide worked WONDERS for me as a sopt treatment. It dried up a bump I Had for like 3 months on my face OVERNIGHT." -- what2do

"got the worst looking cyst ever about 10 days ago. It was almost an inch wide and the reddest thing i've ever seen. if i were at home right now i would have run to the dermatologist that morning and gotten an injection. i've had cysts that didn't look half as bad as this one that stayed for months and months, so i figured it was sticking around for the long haul. but the last couple of days i've been applying desitin ointment and it looks much better! now it's pink instead of blood red and probably less than a centimeter wide. I haven't woken up every morning like WOW IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER, but every day i've noticed it looks a teensy bit better than before." --shipinabottle