Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Everytime I wash my nose...or even just rinse it with water it flakes really bad. I'll see little bits of skin all over it after about 30 min out of the shower.

I've started using moisturizer immediately after I get out of the shower while still wet and that seems to help some but it doesn't totally fix the dry skin. Has anyone else experienced this?

I use Cetaphil cleanser......the gentle kind so I don't think that it's because it's too drying or anything.....

Ugh yeah the nose area really sux. Anyway what moisturizer are you on? If your still flaking pretty badly, than you're probably using one thats too light. I just started using this stuff called Eucerin Daily Control & Care Moisturizer (heh, found a sample of it in the little goody bag my derm gives me every time I visit). Anyway, it's really good. And worked out for my dry, cracked... yet at the same time incredibley oily (how the hell does this happen?) skin.

I only wish my skin would do that, damn clogged pores...at least you know yours is exfoliating itself. Have you tried the tape method? Maybe a stronger weekly mask to exfoliate dead skin? <3

Nope, haven't tried the tape method as my nose is really sensitive and I don't want to make it redder than it already is.

I use Purpose moisturizer....the gentle kind I guess - it has an SPF 15 in it.

And yeah it sucks because my nose gets oily by the end of the day. So I'll have dry flakes and OIL at the same time. WTF? sigh.....