Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have an endless list of what makes me happy, to be honest. A few things are:

1. The sound of rain as it hits the roof. It is completely relaxing and tranquil. Actually, the taste, smell, and touch of rain is close to heaven in my book.

2. Homemade pancakes!

3. Snuggling up under copious amounts of blankets or laying under a tree in the soft grass enjoying the shade...and reading a good book.

4. Singing songs rather loudly in the car.

5. Talking to friends about anything and everything.

6. Sitting alone on a porch and listening to the sound of nature at night. The same thing goes for early morning actually. When the world is still but also full of life.

7. Sharing a joke with somebody. No matter how corny it is.

8. Being afraid but trying something new anyways...the feeling that comes after. The rush.

9. Watching a good movie with a friend while laying on the couch and eating cheese puffs!

10. Laying outside when it's warm and drinking sweet tea.

This list could go on and on...those are only a few. Most of them have to do with the outdoors because it's still cold here and I"m feeling a little bit of cabin fever.lol

Music and high fives. Lovely rainy days. Secret organic energy drinks that I only know about and won't let any of my friends drink because then they'll like it and try to steal it and it's my thing so I will continue to keep them as a little hidden delight and I will love them forever. Family. My cat, she's a little cutie. Night time.

What makes me happy is very simply, talking to my dad (haven't seen him in 6 years), playing/listening to music, reading books and working.

Getting really into a DVD set of a great TV show. Currently The Wire.

My husband.

My dog.

My cat.

When my dog humps my cat.

The fact that my dog is a female and my cat is a male. (Yes, I'm a bit juvenile when it comes to this. Some people think it's horrifying. I think it's fucking hilarious!! Cat doesn't care one way or another.)

Having coffee with my best friend.

Curling up on my neighbor's couch with my husband, my neighbor and his girlfriend to watch a good movie. Or a bad movie.

Camel Lights, filtered. I quit smoking, finally, but they're still fucking delightful.

Taking a hot shower and steaming up the bathroom with no press to get ready and go somewhere.

Gin and ginger ale with a huge slice of lime in it.

Margaritas!

Floating in my pool on a ridiculously hot day with a beverage in one hand and a book in the other.

When something goes right at work. This is rare, and also fucking delightful.

When people compliment my cooking. Also rare. More because I don't cook very often than the quality of my cooking. I'm actually not bad, but when anyone besides myself or my husband eats it, that's what's truly rare.

Watching my dog play with the neighbor's dog. Neighbor's dog is easily four times my dog's weight, but she either doesn't know that or doesn't care. 19 pounds of Beagle fury!! Hilarious.

Not having to get up and go to work first thing in the morning. Being at my desk at 7:30 each morning is like slow torture.

Egads, I completely forgot anything music related!! Listening to music, sharing music with people who truly love it, someone who understands my taste in music exposing me to something I love, all good.

And also, driving along country roads in the summer with music blaring and the sunroof open. Pure delight.

:lol: My mom's female miniature schnauzer did that to the male cat as well. I'm just as juvenile as you 'cause the look on the cats face always cracked me up.

Getting really into a DVD set of a great TV show.

One of my biggest hobby. I loved the Wire.

Isolation. I enjoy working out and running by myself. Music brings me happiness. Put on my favorite playlist and let the entire thing run. I have a clear mind and nobody enters. Helps me to stay focused. I love to watch movies. Working on computers and playing games. Reading is also a hobby. Oh, and sleep. Lots of sleep.

what makes me happy? seriously...being near to my family. didnt realise that til i moved away, then moved back. lol..the sun makes me RIDICulously happy. then new clothes. i live for the sake of living, i love my life. and because i want to be a dietician.. :] how about you anyway???

I live for the people in my life because I couldn't live without them. I truly couldn't.

They have kept me up so many times and make me smile when I want to break down and cry. They support me in everything I do and I can be myself around them all the time. They're the ones that help me through my problems and with knowing my past regrets and mistakes, they still love and care about me. I don't mean just real life friends either, I have a lot of great friends online that I'd love to meet someday. Like Theo, I randomly emailed him one day not knowing him and we've been penpals for about 3 years now. And Knikki, we met on a Harry Potter site a couple years ago :lol: She has always been there for me and cared about me more than anyone.

But the point is, friends are what make my life. If I didn't have as good friends as I do, I wouldn't have lasted this long, I'm sure of it. There have been many times when I've wanted to just give up and they've given me all the best advice and reasons to stay.

Another reason, as silly as it sounds, is my cat. She's like my baby, and I love her more than anything else in the entire world. I know that sounds totally whack, loving a cat that much, but to me she's so much more. She's always there to listen to me and cuddles with me at night. She's there for me when I'm sad and down and always just puts a smile on my face. I don't ever want to lose her. :(

The memory of my relatives keep me going too, hoping they'd be somewhat proud of me wherever they are. I miss them terribly and nothing could ever replace them, but the thought of them still being with me in spirit is always there. I can feel them, even if it's in my heart. I know they'd want me to keep going and live life to it's fullest, because life really can be too short..

:shrug:

Getting really into a DVD set of a great TV show. Currently The Wire.

I was showing my friend the first season of "The Wire" he wouldn't believe how good it is. Then he sits there and watches all 13 episodes, taking only a brief 5 hour break in the middle to sleep.

Wait till he get's to season 5!

He'll probably be wearing an adult diaper for that one.

I was showing my friend the first season of "The Wire" he wouldn't believe how good it is. Then he sits there and watches all 13 episodes, taking only a brief 5 hour break in the middle to sleep.

Wait till he get's to season 5!

He'll probably be wearing an adult diaper for that one.

:lol: Sounds like my boyfriend and me. He loved 'The Wire' and when we met he insisted on me watching it too, so we now watch about 10 episodes a weekend. A little crazy, but it is a good series!

Way back when, before we got married, my husband and I spent many a weekend holed up in the basement of the house we were renting at the time with cartons and cartons of cigarettes, two liter bottles of coke and takeout subs and pizza and watch seasons of the Sopranos. Good times.

We're a little more high brow these days, though. Those were good times though, fo sho.