Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FilipS

What the HELL is that!?

Hello again!

Here's the question: Can anyone explain what the hell is that actually? Pics:

WARNING: Pics are not actually beautiful. Yea, my legs are ugly, i know it!

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6757/leg3be4.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/410/leg2na5.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8972/leg1nh6.jpg

A short description:

This "ance-like something" occurs on the upper side of my thighs, and on my calves (both!). These are small and medium sized inflamed lesions, they are somethimes painful, and sometimes are filled with pus, but very little! Anyway, they are nearly impossible to be picked.

Thought it was PF, so tried treating with Nizoral (2% ketoconazole cream) for over 3 weeks. No effect, probalby got even worse. Tried Davercin (topical erythromycin) and stopped, since it got worse quickly.

Any ideas? Please help!

It could just be irritation or, like, small ingrown hairs. I've seen stuff like that on several of my male friends' legs. I always just figured it was from the hairs getting pulled out by everyday friction from clothes.

It could just be irritation or, like, small ingrown hairs. I've seen stuff like that on several of my male friends' legs. I always just figured it was from the hairs getting pulled out by everyday friction from clothes.

yup

I thought about ingrowns - but I'm not sure. Some of the lesions happen to have hair inside, but not even most of them. And these lesions appear only on these two areas - and that is strange. Also, it semms like it has begun to spread on whole my legs, but in a smaller amount. My derm did not even look at it and said something about follice infection, but nothing more. I really need help!

Guest Sonny Dais
I thought about ingrowns - but I'm not sure. Some of the lesions happen to have hair inside, but not even most of them. And these lesions appear only on these two areas - and that is strange. Also, it semms like it has begun to spread on whole my legs, but in a smaller amount. My derm did not even look at it and said something about follice infection, but nothing more. I really need help!

well tell your doc that it's gotten worse and they need to give you another diagnosis. i thought ingrown hair also, but if you say not, then it's not. it can't be hives. only on your lower legs? been through the woods lately? maybe your legs came in contact with something. whatever you do don't pick at it. you may make it worse. first thing tomorrow call your derm.

Well, it could be a mild case of impetigo, you could try some betadine. Apply it to clean, dry skin two-three times per day. If it still looks the same after 3 days, see the dr.