Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nyankeefan

Month three of accutane

Hey, so I just started my third month of accutane. My left side is basically all clear with maybe one pimple and a bunch of red marks.

My right side is wayyy worse with a bunch of actives. I have no idea why its like this and it sucks, has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for the help.

same thing happens with me man. I think its cause i sleep on that side of my face so ive been trying to sleep straight on my back but no matter once happens i always end up on the right side of my face...id like to hear a way to stop this.

If you're under the impression that it could be linked to the side of your face you sleep on, definitely try and change your pillowcase every two or three days to avoid oil buildup on the fabric, which can be a major contribution to overnight breakouts. You could cover the pillow with a fresh hand-towel everyday.

Also, try and be aware of holding your head up with your hand or arm. Even though you're on accutane, you can still clog your pores with oils or dirt from other parts of your body.

Of course, acne has been known to work in very strange ways, so this could just be the way your body is reacting to the treatment.

Good Luck!

I think it might be that I sleep on my right side. I try to change my pillow cases every 2 or 3 days but I think its just the fact that my side of face is pressed against the pillow. I wish there was something I could do.

Im second month into tane, mine was different from yours. i got active ones on the left around 5 and lots of red marks due to the reason that i always have it on my left more than my right...

-i don't sleep on particular sides

-i do put a fresh towel wrapping my pillow every night.

when i was on accutane, i was clear after month 3, so i cant really compare, but here are some possibilities of why this may be happening for you:

-sleeping on one side of your face (as mentioned before)

-leaning on your face with your hand in school/work/etc.

-touching the active pimples because they won't go away

-harsher washing or unequal application of topical creams/gels to compensate for the uneven clear skin

good luck with the tane

dont let it take you over, for the love of God