Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dices15

Causes of Acne!!!

1. Constipation

2. Not Drinking enough water

3. Diet high in proccesd bleach foods. (White Sugar, or Bread)

4. Not cleaning face often enough, or to much, or not the right product.

5. Hair or hands touching face to often when not clean.

6. Not enough B vitimans or zinc, not enough fruit and veggies in deit.

Avoid these ingredents in anything you put on your face: socetyl stearate, isopropyl isostearate, isopropyl palmitate, isopropyl myristate & sodium chloride. They can cause acne.

Nothing can cause acne -- it can only aggrevate and irritate the acne you already have.

Anddd sooo what about hormones???? do those ingredients contribute to our face producing more oils which can lead 2 acne???

Yeah, that too! That's why as I've grown, my acne’s moved it’s concentration from one area of my face to another...from forehead to cheek and now chin. Everyone’s different really, no exact formula...<3

1. Constipation

Avoid these ingredents in anything you put on your face: socetyl stearate, isopropyl isostearate, isopropyl palmitate, isopropyl myristate & sodium chloride. They can cause acne.

1. Constipation

I really believe you are doing a disservice to people here by posting this kind of crap. At least back up your claims with SOMETHING, some kind of proof or theory. There is so much conflicting information being thrown around about acne by people like you who are not qualified to be making such claims that i worry about other users being thrown off track and wasting time and money doing things that will not help them.

BTW, i do not have any of the problems you listed as "acne causes" and yet i still have persistent acne.

There's no magic recipe or we'd all be acne free. Acne has LOTS of causes, some of which might be helped by any number of things. Some people get clear just from avoiding millk. Some people try everything on that list, accutane and a bunch of other drugs and still aren't clear. It's different for everyone. This is advice, not gospel. We have to help each other. If you find something that works, please share it, but don't tell other people they are stupid if it doesn't work for them. It's not helpful.

It depends how people take your advice. If someone were going to make drastic changes to their diet or start taking specific supplements that are not proven to help with acne at all, then that could be a waste of time and a good way to get people's hopes up for nothing.

It would have been helpful if you had told us WHY some of these things cause acne. Your advice about not touching your face with unclean hands i can understand, yet i would hardly call that a "cause", more like a minor aggravator at best. Every other item you listed has little or no known connections to acne, and you fail to provide any yourself. Why does constipation cause acne? Not washing often enough? I've never known anyone with acne to not wash their face enough. If anything, the acne causes them to overwash. Why do the specific vitamins you listed have anything to do with acne? What do fruits and vegetables have to do with it? How do you connect processed bleached foods to acne? Where did you get your list of ingredients to avoid from, and why should you avoid them? Are they overdrying? Are they comedogenic? What qualifications do you have that allow you to know "causes of acne" that conventional medicine does not, and when so many people here can't seem to agree on them?

I'm sorry if i sounded hostile, but you must understand that people come to these forums every other day with new information about what was really causing acne all along, and what foods to avoid ( i swear if we compiled a list of what foods everyone thinks causes acne, there would be NOTHING left to eat), what miracle vitamins/herbs to take, which ancient chinese skin god to make offerings to etc.... At least offer us some reason to go along with some of the items on your list.

I can understand if you are just trying to give general health advice, but if this is the case, you should not have used that topic title.

Processed Bleached foods and Acne: Well basicly processed bleach foods are very simple carbohydrates. Meaning they go strait into the blood stream when you eat it. As a result you produce more insulin. Insulin is a hormone, and more hormones, more acne. It cause the oil glands in some to over produce, causing acne. (By the way white flour could be fator towards cancer).

Hair and Hands touching face and Acne: Your hands carry germs, bactira, and oil on them and when you touch your face the germs, bactira, and oil transfer to the face. And it might be a couple of weeks before the acne surface. Hair also has alot of oils in it and can cause a build up of oils on a certian area of your face (lets say if you sleep on your hair) causing acne to form.

Washing to often, not enough, or with the wrong product and Acne: If you wash to often the natural oil of your skin will be washed away, leaving you with dry skin. Then your oil gland kick in and they have to produce even more than before. And if your already over producing that's not a good thing. Then your pores get cloged and acne forms. If you use a product with an ingredent that you are alergic to then it will cause you to break out.

Water and Acne: Water cleanses the system and hydrates the skin. When your skin is well hydrated your oil glands won't produce as much, causing acne.

Fruits Veggies, B Complex and zinc and Ance: Fruits and veggies provide essential nutrients for your body. Taking B Complex and Zinc can help alot with the effectivness of topical acne treatments. Not getting the right amount of Vitimans and nutrients can cause problems in the body. Such as change in hormone levels. Which can cause acne.

How in hell am I going to know what i'm allergic to??????????? This shit sucks, it's just soooo complicated!!!!!!! Acne has ruined my life!!! sad.gif

How in hell am I going to know what i'm allergic to??????????? This shit sucks, it's just soooo complicated!!!!!!! Acne has ruined my life!!! sad.gif

Processed Bleached foods and Acne: Well basicly processed bleach foods are very simple carbohydrates. Meaning they go strait into the blood stream when you eat it. As a result you produce more insulin. Insulin is a hormone, and more hormones, more acne. It cause the oil glands in  some to over produce, causing acne. (By the way white flour could be fator towards cancer).

Everyone's body reacts differently to diffrent things. I have found my "cure" for acne. You don't have to get on my back about how it didn't work for you. I have posted that info so that it might help someone anyone. But because it didn't help you it is wrong. Keep on putting all that benzoly stuff on your face for the rest of your life. Keep on thinking that's the only way. Cause I have proved it is not. By my own experimenting. Your acting like I'm telling people to go out and buy my product or something. I do remeber posting "Causes of Acne" not "All causes of acne". I giving you the causes that you can actually do something about. Mabe I'm being what I like to call "Syco-Hypacitical" (not a real word) I'm telling you not to do something I once did but now know is wrong, or senseless. Stop searching for your cure solely in products, and start looking into yourself as well. Thats what Im trying to say. And, no one said you had to go out and buy anything you can get B and Zinc from foods. Id you feel so strongly about that then why do you even come to this site. Cuz there are tons of people posting stuff like I am. People who have actually cured their Acne.

You don't have to get on my back about how it didn't work for you. I have posted that info so that it might help someone anyone.

I'm not gonna waste my time with you. For all of you who appercitate the info I have given good luck. And I hope you find your "cure" for acne soon.Love.

Nothing can cause acne -- it can only aggravate and irritate the acne you already have.

Acne starts when a microcomedone forms (a microscopic clogged pore). The microcomedone fills up with oil, bulging slightly and becoming a comedone. Then, bacteria infiltrate the comedone, resulting in an immune response (inflammation), and the comedone becomes a papule. If the infection gets worse, then a cyst may form.

Certain things encourage the formation of microcomedones; high blood insulin levels is one of these things, so a low-glycemic diet can reduce or eliminate comedone formation. Also, certain topical ingredients (such as isopropyl myristate, many vegetable oils, etc.) cause comedones to develop.

So yes--some things can cause acne, assuming that you consider comedones to be acne, which most dermatologists do (even though there is no infection by Acne vulgaris at that stage).

I've yet to hear of anyone with acne caused solely by their hands touching their face.

I used to use an oily hand lotion, and I would get a breakout on my face where I frequently rest on my left hand, but nowhere else.