Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wowowee

cetaphyl liquid cleanser

I use it because of eczema. I really didn't like it the first couple of times I used it but after a few days it was fine. I also use the moisturizer as these are the only 2 things that don't aggravate my skin. It does great for me. Elf

Hey,

I use this cleanser pretty much every day because it's really gentle... But a couple times a week I use an exfoliating cleanser because cetaphil lacks an exfolient, and I feel I need it. I think cetaphil is an awesome choice for you (because your a guy, and probably don't wear foundation, or face makeup)... I find that Cetaphil doesn't remove all my makeup at times.

It's gentle, and maintains your skins natural moisture balance.

:)

I LOVE it!! My skin is sensitive and dry. It doesn't irritate my skin or make it break out. The only thing that took some getting use to was that it does not lather. I also use both the wash and the lotion. I love their products. I wash with the gentle liquid wash and immediately apply the moisterizing lotion to my damp face. The lotion works better if your face isn't completely dry (for me anyways). I use the moisterizing cream on the rest of my body (too thick for face use) and the anti bac bar for body washing. Geez, I sound like a spokes person for them but I am not. It's the only thing my skin can tolerate.

is it good for pimples? coz now im currently using neutrogena bar soap for acne prone skin. and it helps my pimples heal. i wonder if its same with cethapyl? my condition of my pimples now are controlable thier are only some occasional zits. and i also want to try cetaphyl coz i heard that its very gentle to your face.

wowowee, cleaners are cleaners.. treatments are the ones that really controls your acne.

its great for cleanser. it doesnt necessarily clean all the dirt off your face. but like i said its not harsh either so thats a plus.

I've come to the final conclusion that Cetaphyl is indeed GARBAGE, I've given this junk a few different chances with crappy results.

Cetaphil = S-H-I-T, that is my final answer...I'd like to lock it in, please!

It doesn't help get rid of it, but it's very gentle if you're just looking for a cleanser to use before the acne treatment products.

I'd use the Neutrogena Wave afterward though, and the dirt that came off my face was enough for me to switch to a more thorough face wash.

I've come to the final conclusion that Cetaphyl is indeed GARBAGE, I've given this junk a few different chances with crappy results.

Cetaphil = S-H-I-T, that is my final answer...I'd like to lock it in, please!

Y?

I have it and I dont like it - I mean it doesnt make you break out or anything, but it is a gel and only a gel. It doesnt foam up or really lather it just kind of coats your skin. Its weird - there are way better products out there.

Cetaphil cleansers are really good for people who are using prescription medications for acne because they are so gentle. The only difference between the basic cleanser (the white-ish formula) and the daily facewash (the clear formula) is that the latter removes make-up as well as dirt, oil, and bacteria. Neither lathers or exfoliates your skin because they leave the real work for stronger medications for acne, etc.

that's right peaches.. if you are looking for a real good good facial cleanser, I have no idea what will work for you. Might work for you, but not for others you know.. for me, I've used Murad's acne facial wash- containing SA,, . feels clean after wash, but kind of harsh because right after, I put ane treatment. I now use my gf's Shiseido gentle cleansing foam- now this one is the bomb.. excellent .. lathers real well with small amount. takes me and my gf 3-4months to finish a 4.7 oz tube. Combined with my gf and I, we own like 20 facial wash.. aveeno, nuetrogena, murad, Biore, .. clarin, hydragel cleaner, .. still Shiseido is the best.. the others we end up throwing them out.

Its gentle and wont irritate

BUTTTTT

thats it..its at hospitals for like grandmas and grandpas too because its gentle and washes away dirt

but for us youth

It does not improve skin tone..marks..and heal acne

Ive used it for months and your right it did not break me out..but it does not change the way your skin looks at all

I like aveeno better,because to me your complexion is everything

halfpipe.

My advice would be to put your Cetaphil in the garbage and find an alternative without SLS, Alcohols, Dye, Fragrance, or Coco Betaine. All of this stuff is very bad, and provides no beneficial use to oily, acne-prone skin.