Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WelshMatt

Making Smoothies:Can anyone tell me which foods are rich in these vitamins?

I do try to eat a healthy balanced diet but often its not easy due to life in general and the whole world revolving around crap food, and I someitmes cave in to junk etc and I think I'm probably not getting all the vitamins and minerals that my body needs.

Anyway, I'm going to drink a healthy smoothie every day to make sure I'm getting atleast some goodness every day, the thing is I'm not really sure what fruits and vegetables to put into them to get maximum benifit, so if anyone could tell me which foods contain the following vitamins and minerals I'd be gtateful, atleast then I know I'll have the most important vitamins covered.

Vitamin K (for the dark circles under my eyes)

Iron(for my pale complexion and general lack of energy)

Zinc (for my acne)

B vitamins (for my acne and lack of energy)

Also...I need something for achey joints

Also whats the best device for making smoothies? Blender? smoothie maker? juicer, hand blender...?Theres too much choice out there!

And if anyone has good smoothie recipes, please pass them on!

Thanks

-Matt

I do try to eat a healthy balanced diet but often its not easy due to life in general and the whole world revolving around crap food, and I someitmes cave in to junk etc and I think I'm probably not getting all the vitamins and minerals that my body needs.

Anyway, I'm going to drink a healthy smoothie every day to make sure I'm getting atleast some goodness every day, the thing is I'm not really sure what fruits and vegetables to put into them to get maximum benifit, so if anyone could tell me which foods contain the following vitamins and minerals I'd be gtateful, atleast then I know I'll have the most important vitamins covered.

Vitamin K (for the dark circles under my eyes)

Iron(for my pale complexion and general lack of energy)

Zinc (for my acne)

B vitamins (for my acne and lack of energy)

Also...I need something for achey joints

Also whats the best device for making smoothies? Blender? smoothie maker? juicer, hand blender...?Theres too much choice out there!

And if anyone has good smoothie recipes, please pass them on!

Thanks

-Matt

Spinach, kale, and other green vegetables are the best source of Vitamin K in the plant kingdom.

Leafy green veggies are also the best fruit/vegetable sources of iron and zinc, but they aren't particularly high in either of those nutrients.

All leafy greens have decent amounts of B vitamins.

As for the best device, a cheap blender that I got from Walmart over a year ago has worked great for me.

As rakbs said, leafy greens are a great source for most of those vitamins. For extra information on iron, click here: *`*~FABULOUS Skin Food (GREEN SMOOTHIES) = FABULOUS Skin!!~*`*

Many do just fine using a cheap blender, but if you're looking for the best, I'd go with a Vita-Mix or a Blendtec. I prefer the Vita-Mix, because it has a tamper. Both do a great job at finely blending food, which will break down cell walls and release more nutrients. You get four times the amount of nutrients from plant foods when you blend them, so it's great that you're wanting to add smoothies to your diet! :)

I always put a probiotic yoghurt in my smoothie because it helps regulate your digestive system which is good for controlling your acne. It stops toxins and bad bacteria from accumulating in your body and coming out through your skin in the form of acne. I have been having one in my smoothie everyday (mixed with fresh fruit and orange juice) and I haven't been getting hardly any new pimples whereas I used to get about 5-10 new a day! (Granted, I am using topicals as well, but they didn't work nearly as well before I started doing this and I was on them for a long time). I also put a lot of ice in my smoothies because staying well-hydrated is important for controlling oily skin and I have a hard time drinking enough water. Maybe my recipe will help others as well-hey, it's worth a shot. Good luck!