Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CoreyDB

The Most Interesting Log Ever.

I understand what you mean about the pale unhealthy look. I practically live in the sun normally, plus living on a sunny island helps lol. But I've been avoiding the sun for the entire course and now although I am clear my skin tone isn't exactly its healthiest. I mean I'm naturally quite pale anyway in winter but now it kind of looks unhealthy.

On thursday when I go to derm for (hopefully) the last time I'm gonna ask him when I can start staying in the sun again. I need to be able to cos I'm gonna start doing laps (outdoor pool) and running soon.

goodluck

Day 68: Sooo, I picked my face to shit last night.. again! Ugh! It's cause I get stressed... But I have made a pledge that I promise you all I will keep! I am not going to harshly touch my face until at least this coming Monday (in which I hope to make a pledge for another week.. yadda yadda until I have broken the habit..)! I can really tell my face is begging me to leave it alone so it can heal naturally so I am granting its wish. As all pickers know, the day or two when you stop picking it may actually look worse (cause of gross scabs and shit) but by around Thursday or Friday I should see the results!

Anywho enough about that. I applied the Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel last night, and was it an odd experience. By Gel they mean a clear sticky substance that stings for about the first 20 seconds it's applied. I put on my moisturizer about 5 minutes after the gel and I hope all went well. I can't see any changes in my face because of it, so I am guessing that is sort of good, as it means it will not irritate my face (all though it better get rid of the comedones!!).

Last but not least. UNC won March Madness. I called it in the Lounge Forum before the tourny began. I am awesome! :)

Have a good day everyone! :catdance:

The Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel which can be purchased from her site for around twenty dollars is used for 'chemical exfoliation'. In simpler terms you apply it to keep your pores clear, and to unclog... clogged pores (blackheads-whiteheads). I use it because I have a terrible case of closed comedones on my forehead (whiteheads) and hopefully this will help with that.

It is not Benzoyl Peroxide and shouldn't be used for inflammatory acne (which I no longer really have because of the Accutane) but apperently it is highly effective against non-inflammatory acne. So if you have a blackhead/whitehead problem it is worth checking out I suppose.

Day 69: Well my face has been clearing up nicely since Monday. Maybe it has something to do with the BHA...? Who knows. My comedones are still quite visible but it seems like the BHA has sped up the recovery of my marks, which is very awesome! The only new spot I have is on my chin, which emerged from an old healing spot, and has become a nasty scab/wound. I am trying not to feel too down about it though as I can feel my face getting alot better and it should be gone by the weekend, at least in it's current form.

So the jury is still out on the BHA as I have not used it long enough to have a solid opinion on it, or to make sure the good things my skin is doing have anything to do with it, but I can vouge for one thing... The BHA does NOT irritate my skin at all. Not in the slightest. No increased dryness, or redness or anything. If at all, my skin has looked healthier and less irritated compared to the start of the week. Yay!

Tommorow is Day 70! Yipee!? Hahahah! Have a good day everyone!

Day 70: Week 10! I am officially about half-way through my Isotretinoin treatment! :) . I am not sure how I would sum up the first half of my Accutane treatment, but 'harder then I imagined' comes to mind. My Acne isn't where I thought it would be at this point, but I didn't realize how much under the surface crap I really had, and just how difficult my seemingly 'moderate' acne would be. Accutane hasn't hit me that hard in the side-effects department rather then the lip dryness, arm dryness, hand dryness, and constant thirst that can lead to headaches if left un-quenched. I would say the hardest part of Accutane so far has been it's ability to effect me mentally, and greatly at that. I am not saying 'Accutane the pill' has gone into my brain and screwed shit up, but I mean to say, first it crushed my hopes when I realized I am probably not going to be completely clear after a month or two, I feel tired and disconnected due to a general 'meh' attitude I take to the outside world now (I have the mindset of, oh I will just do things after I am done the treatment and clear), and the frustrations that come with a medication that works so damn SLOW! Overall though I am glad I have gone through with this and I still know that just ten more weeks and I WILL be clear. I can see the obvious improvements in my skin and the closed comedones I have (which are the only places where zits are coming from now) are no match for the tag-team of Accutane and the 2% BHA. The real question is not if I am going to be clear by the end of June when my treatment is done, but if I am going to be clear by the end of May when Prom is. Lets all cross our fingers!

Today: My skin is improving again, but the big monster wound on my chin had to be popped as there was a build-up of gunk underneath it so it's re-healing now :( . Also my forehead is clearing up pimple wise but I did get one new tiny zit that should be gone by tommorow. Finally I am not sure if the 2% BHA has done anything significant with the comedones, but it has for sure helped my skin heal, or at least appear that way. For the past couple of days my skin has looked healthier then it has in a while. Yay!

Have a good day everyone! See yah tommorow! Video time :catdance: .

Day 71: I LIED! No video today. I will post one tommorow bright and early I PROMISE! I have to work in a wee bit and I slept in wayyy too long so that kills any video making time. Skin-wise I look fine, everything is healing up, that monster on my chin has scabbed and is healing. One tiny tiny new spot on my cheek. Should be gone within a day or two. Comedones still fighting the BHA but I am noticing some of them are becoming blackheads (Yay!?!?!?).

On the girl side of things, I may or may not hit on my Prom Date. I unno. She may or may not like me. Here is a text I recieved from a friend a few nights ago (please ignore the blatant teen humour):

Friend: "Hey man, are you going to be railing ****** soon?"

Me: "Um.. nope.. why?"

Friend: "Her friends just came in and said I should get you some condoms for ****"

Me: "Lmao what?"

Friend: "I unno they where implying you guys are dating secretly or something"

Me: "Thats odd"

I dunno. Silly teen stuff. I'll keep you guys posted. Note how respectful I am. Aren't I a gentlemen? Hahaha!

Wow, you are so freaking brave for adding a video log to this! I am such a damn chicken butt that I have to calm myself down first before looking into the mirror everyday so forget about taking pics often or uploading a video.

You are a tough cookie because I am not sure what the heck I would have done if I had (or get) a second IB. I would have probably have a video of myself crying, screaming, and beating up my pillows. Keep hanging on like you are doing and you will eventually see more improvements.

Day 68: Sooo, I picked my face to shit last night.. again! Ugh! It's cause I get stressed... But I have made a pledge that I promise you all I will keep! I am not going to harshly touch my face until at least this coming Monday (in which I hope to make a pledge for another week.. yadda yadda until I have broken the habit..)! I can really tell my face is begging me to leave it alone so it can heal naturally so I am granting its wish. As all pickers know, the day or two when you stop picking it may actually look worse (cause of gross scabs and shit) but by around Thursday or Friday I should see the results!

Anywho enough about that. I applied the Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel last night, and was it an odd experience. By Gel they mean a clear sticky substance that stings for about the first 20 seconds it's applied. I put on my moisturizer about 5 minutes after the gel and I hope all went well. I can't see any changes in my face because of it, so I am guessing that is sort of good, as it means it will not irritate my face (all though it better get rid of the comedones!!).

Last but not least. UNC won March Madness. I called it in the Lounge Forum before the tourny began. I am awesome! :)

Have a good day everyone! :catdance:

Hey, Corey --

Try to wait at least 30 minutes after applying the BHA before using your moisturizer. The product needs that much time to penetrate your skin and exfoliate the pores. Moisturizer is only going to interfere with both processes.

Hope things are going better for you!

The video says it all:

Corey, hang in there mate! You are super frustrated at the moment - things have gotta get better for you. Now you are around half way through your course approximately, I really hope you can give it a little more time and then you will see the results you are hoping for! ;)

Day 74: Well I guess my face has started healing AGAIN. I am trying to stay positive though, because in my frustration in the video from a few days ago, I made a good point. I am now over the half-way point in my 'planned' course and things truly are going to start improving, and soon. So I will keep my head up knowing that day comes ever-closer. In other news I am going to put off my BHA review for another week. I don't think I have really gotten a good read on what it's doing to my skin, so I will give my early review NEXT monday.

My skin is pretty much the same, red marks, and now scabs and REALLY deep nasty red marks from my latest break out. Plus the everlasting comedones. Oh well. Hopefully this week will bring nothing but good things! Everyday is a day closer to the end of my Acne and it has to be coming soon so I will try and keep a smile on my face moving forward. Happy Monday everyone and hope you all had a great Easter!

Came to say that I've really enjoyed your Accutane video logs. I think it shows a lot of courage to get in front of a video camera and chart your success. The last log was pretty tough for me to watch. I know what it feels like to strike out with every available option. I hope you get through this. Keep blogging. You're doing a great job with it.

Corey!

I've taken Accutane and I know how frustrating it can be...

I actually had to be taken off of it before my course completed because I was experiencing intense side effects (severe depression, back pain, aches...etc).

But even for the while I took it, I began to see improvements (but not as early as at ten weeks...)

So just wait for it, try not to stress over it.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. I guess the thing that had sort of set me off is about a week ago one of my friends had the nerve to say something like "Man are you still on those pills", "yeah?", "I don't think there working dude". So that was a real confidence buster. I will keep my head high from now on and try and push through this. Again thanks to everyone, it really does mean alot! :)

you've got almost a month and a half till prom and that is a long time for tane. your face will def not be the same as it is today and chances are it'll be a lot better. This reminds me of similar experience I had, I think your anger is mainly due to prom... like if your prom was end of june I don't think you'd be freaking out as much right now, maybe I'm wrong though. Don't worry your brekaout isn't out of the ordinary! I had a breakout of cysts on my forehead at the start of month 4 just before this big party! By the end of month 5 I was 100% clear and I still am now.