Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CoreyDB

The Most Interesting Log Ever.

Day *41*: So it seems I somehow got ahead of myself in my day numberings.. well TODAY is day 41 and tommorow is day 42 (Week 6). My breakout has finally stopped and is healing up. I am trying not to get too excited though because I am still half expecting a few more breakouts. I don't think my acne is completely done *yet*. My whiteheads on my forehead (closed comedones.. whatever) seem to be fading somewhat, but I am noticing more on other parts of my face. Maybe I am crazy and they have been here all along? Who knows. Me and the girl are good right now, but I am almost feeling like *I* don't like her anymore. The Teen years sure are confusing... Oh well.

PICTURE TIMEEE!!!

So here are some pictures.

Example A: When my Acne was at it's worse. Please keep in mind the camera does not do my face justice. This was from a year ago.

post-79757-1236795927_thumb.jpg

Example B: My face after I got serious. A.K.A Washing twice a day, Tetracycline, Medicated Topical etc.

post-79757-1236796078_thumb.jpg

Example C: Last Summer (6 months ago). Better, farther down the road of taking care of my face. (It looks like im clear but I assure you I am not).

post-79757-1236796477_thumb.jpg

Example D: Three weeks ago. Just got out of Accutane IB. Again, looks clear, I assure you I am covered in red marks.

post-79757-1236796567_thumb.jpg

P.S. That is not a beer, its a Redbull. Can't drink on the 'Tane.. ahaha

post-79757-1236795927_thumb.jpg

post-79757-1236796078_thumb.jpg

post-79757-1236796477_thumb.jpg

post-79757-1236796567_thumb.jpg

Ciabella - Sooo. My Mom won't let me. She says I 'Care about my appearence too much' and that I'm 'Starting to go overboard and act like the homo's on TV'. Real nice eh?

I'll ask my derm when I see her on the 24th, maybe both of us can convince my mom. My forehead closed comedones do seem to be fading a bit though.

P.S. (To Everyone): I can't wait for my hair to grow back like the third picture. I cut it shorter at the start of 'Tane just to put emphasis on my face so I could really see the improvement. I like my hair in the third though. Actually my Mom was right, I do sound kinda gay..

And THIRDLY, I am going to purchase a cheap little digital camera soon. That way I can do the progress shots like most of you. I would use my sisters but I don't know to and I would be very humiliated if I took the pictures and didn't know how to delete them off the camera after I uploaded them. :doh:

And THIRDLY, I am going to purchase a cheap little digital camera soon. That way I can do the progress shots like most of you. I would use my sisters but I don't know to and I would be very humiliated if I took the pictures and didn't know how to delete them off the camera after I uploaded them. :doh:

Very cute! Looks like you are clearing up.

Day 42: (Week 6!) Finally here! Month and a half down. Three and a half left. So I gotta tell you guys something... I sorta haven't been going to school... just for the first bit of 'Tane... My Mother and I kind of decided that it was best I take some time off while I start 'Tane and so I have. Today was my first day back. Let me tell you, whoever said people don't treat people with Acne different is lying. My face is starting to clear up alot, and it is much better then the last time anyone saw me, and by-golly did I ever have a good day today. All the girls where different, the guys, the teachers. Sure I am happy I had a good day, but wtf!? These people are monsters. Going to treat someone based on their looks?! Hrm. Shame on the world.

Thanks for listening guys.

Day 42: (Week 6!) Finally here! Month and a half down. Three and a half left. So I gotta tell you guys something... I sorta haven't been going to school... just for the first bit of 'Tane... My Mother and I kind of decided that it was best I take some time off while I start 'Tane and so I have. Today was my first day back. Let me tell you, whoever said people don't treat people with Acne different is lying. My face is starting to clear up alot, and it is much better then the last time anyone saw me, and by-golly did I ever have a good day today. All the girls where different, the guys, the teachers. Sure I am happy I had a good day, but wtf!? These people are monsters. Going to treat someone based on their looks?! Hrm. Shame on the world.

Yeah, people can be really retarded + shallow.

hey corey, thanks for the comment. Sounds like things are looking up for you, school must be a nasty environment to go on the tane hope it all goes good. Not long to go!

HEY! so yea my lil closed comedones are coming out slowly...and some seem to be disapearing, altho a lot still remain. on my left cheek i got 2 bigger inflamed whiteheads from a cluster of the closed comedones. and on my chin, some of the closed comedones are just coming out so that i can pop them easily then the little scab goes away in 2-3 days. so hopefully this will keep happening. Also look into Green cream, to use on red marks and teh closed comedones, it helps speed everything up. You can buy samples on the internet, on ebay...There are 3 "levels" by how strong the ceram is. I use level 6. but u prob want to start with level 3 then 6.

Thanks for the replies Jimmy, KL, and Mego!

Day 43: Face is clearing up nicely. Only thing to report is it feels like I have been hit by a bus today. I heard about 'joint soreness' and 'muscle soreness' but thought it was just all-bogus. Well I guess not. Frig I am sore. Oh well.

Girl: Hung out at school today. Not bad. Going to the movies on Sunday night. Things are looking great on this front also.

Meg: My Comedones are also fading. Some came to the surface (formed one or two zits, some washed off like the blackheads, some just need a little push but didn't create a mark). I think I am safe! I will invest in that 'light' green cream though, just to get the baby soft skin I want. Now I'm nowhere near completely rid of these Comedones but I have seen a difference. Be patient I guess!? Mail me some!! :):);). Jk bud.

To be honest it was probably 90% you and 10% them. You probably just had a great day and offcourse your state will be higher when your skin is clearer and your feeling good about yourself. People naturally want to hang out/talk to others with a high state.

Day 44: So I think it is happening. I think my skin is done with acne!! I have one spot right between my eyebrows (DOH!) but it was a deal where I knew I had gunk there from even before the Accutane and I 100% expected a final, gunk freeing, spot there. So it isn't really a big deal. Rather then that the rest of my face seems to be clearing up nicely. My right jawbone is truly clearing up after all these years, I have just about no more blackheads, and my closed comedones (whiteheads) are slowly.. VERY SLOWLY.. fading. Every now and then I hit the light the wrong way and they become very visible but using the thing they call my memory I am sure they are starting to go away, at least compared to how bad they where a week or two ago. I am very optimistic to be honest. In a few days this terrible 'third eye' spot should be gone, and a week or two after that I can finally rest easy knowing that I shouldn't have any more active acne at all! :)

Also, I have a couple red marks, but nothing too get excited about. I am very lucky though as I have next to no scarring. I do have some skin... imperfections (like Brad Pitt type, just slightly imperfect) but no pitts or anything like that. I actually think the little 'imperfections' I do have give me a sexy, rough look. I like, I like. Have a great night everyone! :)

Day 45: GAARRRRRRRRRR! It's one of those days. My comedones look like shit again! :(. WTF!! How can they look invisible one day, then look so freakin' obvious the next! I have sent my Mom on a mission, a mission to find me some green cream. I HAVE to get rid of these comedones. I feel like my face has hit a preverbrial brick wall and I am not going to see any more improvement until this pesky little shits are gone. Also something new to report. My 'third eye' is SLOWLY going away but I got a new bump near my hairline on my forehead. :(. It never stops does it... Oh well. Hopefully the green cream will bring along many good things! I just can't wait for the day when the acne has 100% stopped forming.

It's really frustrating though, because on the 'Tane, as many of you know, things take soooo long to heal. So even though my acne has been slowed down, one new spot is like "fuck, now I get to look at this for at least a week". Disheartening to say the least. I am on day 45 though so I am getting close to the point of no return!

Thanks Ciaobella! I have been reading your log and it seems like everything is going good on your front!

P.S. These forums are glitched to hell right now.. somebody fix them!!

Actually.. is Green cream okay to use while on 'Tane!? Also what do you guys think of Jojoba Oil. I was thinking of applying Green cream everynight before I go to bed as well as some Jojoba Oil AND my moisturizer (Cetaphil SPF 15). Is this a good idea? Anybody with experience? I know there are those who lurk my log that know yet don't post... please do! All help, experiences, and advice is needed! Thanks!!

from what i've read green cream is fine to use on accutane, i'd probably just use the 3 instead of pressing my luck with 6 or 9, i'm considering using it to help my redmarks while on accutane. i have so many. ugh.

but keep your head up handsome, you're doing great.

Day 46: I'm in a hurry. Have to make it quick! Nothing new to report, just healing, and I am getting super pale. I am also VERY tired.. hrm. I think the next little bit should fly by though, since there is alot to do. Spring Break, School, March Madness, the NFL Draft, etc.. Anyways I have to jet! CIAOOO!!!

:catdance:

Day 47: So everything is just healing up again... what a sweet little cycle. I have two red bump thingys that are healing, one on the side of my forehead and one right between my eyes! DOH! >*< ahahaha. It's kind of a frustrating process, but hey I am getting pretty far into my course so it has to end soon right!? Comedones are still here, nothing new to report there. I have a feeling they are going to be here the whole time... oh well. I will just be happy when my face is completely clear of *acne* in the sense of red bumps and whatnot.

I have a treat for you guys on Day 50, sort of a thing for me and a thing for you. A true behind the scenes story if you will. You guys will understand then. It will be alot of reading but I think for my own benefit when I am looking back on this and I guess to keep your interest piqued I will show you all the real me. Or at least what I haven't been saying.

Well... see you all tommorow! :)

I have noticed this thread has been racking up the views, so anyone lurking my thread, also go check out Ciaobella's log, *MeGaIn*'s log (hope I spelt that right), and Tommy210's (Also hope that was right) log. We seem to have all started generally around the same time frame and they are great logs also!

A'reviour.

Hey there CoreyDB!

First, I want to say that you have a great thread going here! Whatever your motivation is, keep it up and before you know it, you will be on your last day of 'Tane with clear skin and greater confidence. :dance:

I know what you mean about those annoying comedones on your forehead: I got them a few years ago. I wasn't on Accutane but I developed these pesky bumps on my forehead...sure enough, they "clusterfucked", covering my forehead. I wanted to pick but I didn't because, after all, they weren't even at a head...turns out, after a month or so of lingering, they slowly came to the surface one by one...yes, I picked at that point, but they didn't scar or anything....I didn't put masks or anything on it, I just let it run its course...within a few months, the bumps were gone, no scars...not sure if that helps but I truly do wish you the best!

Can I ask you a question: what is this "green cream" you guys are referring to?? I'm lost... :(

Well, I wish you luck...I am on Accutane now and experiencing the IB (day 20) so I feel your pain...but like you said, gotta keep on truckin!! :razz:

XOXOXO

Good stuff!! Yeah, the best advice I can give you for the IB is.. don't look in the mirror for another couple of weeks.. I am still recovering from mine :(.

Yeah I think thats what I may do, the comedones really don't do anything which is why I am frustrated, but I will give them another couple of months to run their course if they are.

Also, Green Cream, apperently, is a very 'low dose' OTC Retin-A. While using real Retin-A while taking Accutane would probably destroy your skin, this very 'low dose' Green Cream Retin-A can speed up the healing process (you will learn, red marks stay FOREVER on 'Tane) and also apperently help open up the pores and clear out closed comedones.

I am going to talk to my Derm before I purchase any Green Cream but I have heard its great stuff!

Good stuff!! Yeah, the best advice I can give you for the IB is.. don't lookin the mirror for another couple of weeks.. I am still recovering from mine :(.

Yeah I think thats what I may do, the comedones really don't do anything which is why I am frustrated, but I will give them another couple of months to run their course if they are.

Also, Green Cream, apperently, is a very 'low dose' OTC Retin-A. While using real Retin-A while taking Accutane would probably destroy your skin, this very 'low dose' Green Cream Retin-A can speed up the healing process (you will learn, red marks stay FOREVER on 'Tane) and also apperently help open up the pores and clear out closed comedones.

I am going to talk to my Derm before I purchase any Green Cream but I have heard its great stuff!

Thank you, Corey...I am trying my best to stay positive and not let the IB get me down...

I will be going to my derm shortly to have a cyst injected and I will have to ask about the Green stuff...thanks for the pointers...I'll let you know what my derm says...meanwhile, keep smiling! :D

hey, you!

hooray for healing! the ones between the eyes are right up there on the most inconvenient places list next to tip of nose...haha

maybe the cycle of pimpling/healing will be over after the 2nd month when most people tend to clear up :)

and thanks for the info about the green cream! i have a feeling i'll be looking into that a little more later on tonight, because those omnipresent forehead bumps are back (and turning dark too) it's probably safe to use during tane because it's not a super strong retinol right?

i'm excited for your day 50 secrettt :)

keep on keepin on! haha.

Yeah that's just the thing. It isn't, but I just want to be 100% sure so I don't mess my face up. I go to my Derm's in one week so I will ask then. She is pretty liberal too so if she says no then we should all really stay away from it.

Yeah, thats what I am hoping for. Sometime soon just to notice it's only healing and I haven't had the 'small breakout' stage in a while and then I can be all like "YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!". Hahahaha.

hey corey, I just wanted to tell you to hang on there. My face also cleared up the past weeks, but this weekend it has started to get red and I've noticed my face less dry. I think this is how tane works it keeps coming back and forth trying to break you down. Just hang on there

i was wondering how often you get blood tests? i'm going on accutane later this week and was wondering if the monthly blood test is mandatory?