Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CoreyDB

The Most Interesting Log Ever.

P.S. I would say today is just one of my low days on Accutane... Also I will be adding some photos tonight or tommorow.

P.P.S. Those stupid whitehead things just will not go away. Ugh. Note to future me reading this, come back in time and tell me what you did to get them away or when they went away! Gahh!!

I'm sorry. :confused: We all have our bad days on Accutane, and they really do suck. Honestly, the only thing that keeps me from going insane is the fact that Accutane has a very good success rate and that I have a GREAT chance of clearing up, as do you. In terms of whiteheads, I'm with you, too. I hate going out in public with them on my face and they make me feel gross. I usually just wait it out, because I don't (even though I really do!) want to pop them, because of the higher chance of scarring. Just stick it out and they'll eventually go away on their own time, I'm afraid. Keep updating! I like reading your log.

Also, as for picking, I have a bad habit, too. But before you think of picking again, just think about how Accutane makes it MUCH more likely to leave scarring. Someone once told me to put loads of moisturizer on and when I go to pick and feel the moisturizer it won't be as appealing to pick. Stay away from that face, hun!

Day 36: Today was a good day. Zero new spots, and the minor break out I had yesterday (one spot on back, one on left neck) are healing and should be completely gone by the weekend. Still effing frustrating though in regards to these bumps on my forhead. They are all thats left!! Who had these before, how do I get rid of them!? Any creams or peels or anything I can use while on 'Tane to get them off my face!? Gah. Oh well. I think the Accutane is really starting to kick in and I have the wonderful feeling that it is all uphill from here.

Also, I got my Prom date yesterday. Me and this girl have been friends forever and her boyfriend lives in Colorado so she was open, so I asked and she said yes. She liked me wayy back in elementary school and unfortnently I didn't like her back :(. Now fast forward five or six years she is a complete bomb-shell so I should have a fun prom. Also that other girl... hmm... I don't know. I really think I don't like her anymore, but I can't be sure. We are going out Saturday so I'll guess I'll see how I feel then.

Time is really starting to fly... Day 36 already.. Wow.

Day 36: Today was a good day. Zero new spots, and the minor break out I had yesterday (one spot on back, one on left neck) are healing and should be completely gone by the weekend. Still effing frustrating though in regards to these bumps on my forhead. They are all thats left!! Who had these before, how do I get rid of them!? Any creams or peels or anything I can use while on 'Tane to get them off my face!? Gah. Oh well. I think the Accutane is really starting to kick in and I have the wonderful feeling that it is all uphill from here.

Also, I got my Prom date yesterday. Me and this girl have been friends forever and her boyfriend lives in Colorado so she was open, so I asked and she said yes. She liked me wayy back in elementary school and unfortnently I didn't like her back :(. Now fast forward five or six years she is a complete bomb-shell so I should have a fun prom. Also that other girl... hmm... I don't know. I really think I don't like her anymore, but I can't be sure. We are going out Saturday so I'll guess I'll see how I feel then.

Time is really starting to fly... Day 36 already.. Wow.

Woohoo for a prom date. Have fun! ;)

yay for prom thats exciting prom was really fun for me last year. aww memories haha so u should have a fun time hopefully. Hey when u figure out how to get rid of those lil whiteheads or their means of leaving, let me now! im dealing with them too so at least u know ur not alone

Yeah I wish someone would post on this thread and let us know what exactly they are and how to best get rid of them or speed it up. hrm.

I love your log, it's definitely a different take on logs in relation to everyone else's here. I think you should be on Accutane for whatever reason you want, girl or not. Clear skin is clear skin, right? Hopefully I'll be getting on Tane in the next 30 days or so, so I will be checking in on your log!

Day 40: GARRRRRR!!! This is it. I repeat. THIS IS IT.

SOMEBODY PLEASE POST WITH SOME DAMN INFORMATION ON CLOSED COMEDONES (WHITE HEADS A.K.A LITTLE WHITE BUMPS YOU NOTICE WHEN YOUR FACE STARTS TO CLEAR UP!)!!!!!

WILL THE ACCUTANE GET RID OF THEM? DO I NEED TO GO TO THE DRUGSTORE AND PURCHASE ANY PRODUCTS FOR THEM? OR AM I JUST BEING IMPATIENT AND THE ACCUTANE WILL GET RID OF THEM ON ITS OWN? PLEASE ANYONE! I REPEAT! CLOSED COMEDONES AND ACCUTANE! ANSWERS PLEASE! THANK YOU!

And in other news ahaha, I had a slight pickfest last night, luckily no real marks or anything. Just getting rid of my last couple of blackheads, and it seems like now all that is left are these damned CLOSED COMEDONES!! GAHHHH!!!

Girl:

When you see my face

Hope it gives you hell

Hope it gives you hell

When you walk my way

Hope it gives you hell

Hope it gives you hell

Day 40: GARRRRRR!!! This is it. I repeat. THIS IS IT.

SOMEBODY PLEASE POST WITH SOME DAMN INFORMATION ON CLOSED COMEDONES (WHITE HEADS A.K.A LITTLE WHITE BUMPS YOU NOTICE WHEN YOUR FACE STARTS TO CLEAR UP!)!!!!!

WILL THE ACCUTANE GET RID OF THEM? DO I NEED TO GO TO THE DRUGSTORE AND PURCHASE ANY PRODUCTS FOR THEM? OR AM I JUST BEING IMPATIENT AND THE ACCUTANE WILL GET RID OF THEM ON ITS OWN? PLEASE ANYONE! I REPEAT! CLOSED COMEDONES AND ACCUTANE! ANSWERS PLEASE! THANK YOU!

And in other news ahaha, I had a slight pickfest last night, luckily no real marks or anything. Just getting rid of my last couple of blackheads, and it seems like now all that is left are these damned CLOSED COMEDONES!! GAHHHH!!!

Girl:

When you see my face

Hope it gives you hell

Hope it gives you hell

When you walk my way

Hope it gives you hell

Hope it gives you hell

Most of mine went away on their own. Just leave them alone and see. As for picking, big no no! :P

Around when did they go away? It feels like my whole forehead is covered in them? Did you have alot? ugh. For you and anyone who reads my log, quick update:

Day 41: I have come to the conclusion my face now looks worse with these whiteheads and accumuluating red marks. I understand my face WILL get better again but seesh. I think where-as other people with severe acne get some pretty bad cysts and whatnot around this time (I hear the second month is usually the hardest.. so day 40-60) I am just erupting in fucking whiteheads. It's kinda worse too, cause at least with the cystic acne people will just be like, oh that dude's a pizza face. With whiteheads its like "man, why the hell is that guys face all bumpy?". Also cysts do go away. I am hearing mixed things on these whiteheads. Please somebody who is finished accutane who had the same problem, what happened! KL Mericiless get back to me!!

Around when did they go away? It feels like my whole forehead is covered in them? Did you have alot? ugh. For you and anyone who reads my log, quick update:

Day 41: I have come to the conclusion my face now looks worse with these whiteheads and accumuluating red marks. I understand my face WILL get better again but seesh. I think where-as other people with severe acne get some pretty bad cysts and whatnot around this time (I hear the second month is usually the hardest.. so day 40-60) I am just erupting in fucking whiteheads. It's kinda worse too, cause at least with the cystic acne people will just be like, oh that dude's a pizza face. With whiteheads its like "man, why the hell is that guys face all bumpy?". Also cysts do go away. I am hearing mixed things on these whiteheads. Please somebody who is finished accutane who had the same problem, what happened! KL Mericiless get back to me!!

Sorry you're having such a bad time. :|

Anyways, I had A LOT during my first and second month. It took all my will power not to freaking pick at them!! And I hated going to school, 'cause I hated talking to people with the ugly devils on my face! I mainly got them on my chin. It usually took me a couple of days to a week at the latest for them to go away, I think. However, everybody's skin is different so the time may be different. Everything is just coming up to the surface, hun, hang in there!! I know it's a pain, but try and see the light at the end of the tunnel. If this doesn't help, maybe call up your Dermatologist and ask him/her if there is anything you can do for your whiteheads in terms of not scarring your face while you're doing it.

Stay good!

I suppose so. It just feels like they aren't doing anything. They are just sick little bumps that can't be popped. :(. They are just becoming more noticeable. I am almost hoping they just surface and go away like blackheads. Is that what you would liken them too? Like I got tons of blackheads at the start of the treatment and then over a week they just all fell out in the shower while I was sleeping etc. Do the whiteheads just go away like that?

I don't even care if they come out the hard way, I have spring break coming up and I wouldn't mind just sitting at home the whole time so long as these suckers go away. :(

I suppose so. It just feels like they aren't doing anything. They are just sick little bumps that can't be popped. :( . They are just becoming more noticeable. I am almost hoping they just surface and go away like blackheads. Is that what you would liken them too? Like I got tons of blackheads at the start of the treatment and then over a week they just all fell out in the shower while I was sleeping etc. Do the whiteheads just go away like that?

I don't even care if they come out the hard way, I have spring break coming up and I wouldn't mind just sitting at home the whole time so long as these suckers go away. :(

A lot of my blackheads just "fell out" too. I used to have a lot before going on Accutane, but they're calming down now.

Soooo. Today I made a pledge to never pick my skin again. Ever.

:dance: I wish my blackheads would just fall out :(

I too pledge to stop picking my skin, when not necessary, and to stop over picking. i do believe that some need to be picked at :ninja:

:clap: congrats on your improvements.

P.S. sorry but i can't help you with the whiteheads :doh:

Soooo. Today I made a pledge to never pick my skin again. Ever.

:dance: I wish my blackheads would just fall out :sad:

I too pledge to stop picking my skin, when not necessary, and to stop over picking. i do believe that some need to be picked at :ninja:

:clap: congrats on your improvements.

P.S. sorry but i can't help you with the whiteheads :doh:

If only it was that easy to promise not to pick... :rolleyes:

So KL Merciless. Just to clarify. Your whiteheads just sorta went away? Did they surface? Or did they just sort of become less visible then went away? And when exacactly did this happen?

So KL Merciless. Just to clarify. Your whiteheads just sorta went away? Did they surface? Or did they just sort of become less visible then went away? And when exacactly did this happen?

1. They surfaced.

2. They were usually big, and they stayed the same size for me until they went.

3. It happened throughout my first and second months - it took anywhere from a couple of days to a week (or it could've been a wee bit longer than that)

4. However, sometimes I got impatient and got annoyed and picked. I don't get much whiteheads anymore, now, though, so I don't have to pick at them now.

Sorry if I'm not being too helpful. :(

No it's fine, I just think you are thinking of something else, not closed comedones. I don't mean whiteheads as in pastules (pimples/zits) but I mean whiteheads as in closed comedones, small flesh coloured bumps barely visible but gives your face a very rough, bumpy, odd-looking texture.

hey there!

so i definitely asked my lab table about those nasty little things today (mine are starting to grow down from my forehead into my eyebrow zone...eww!)

and turns out the perfect-skin-barbie lab partner has taken the tane before!

i asked her advice and she recommended using an at-home peel so it wouldn't irritate the skin and potentially cause scarring

i think she said MD Skincare, and they have this alpha-beta hydroxy peel that you rub on your face for a while which is supposed to get rid of all bumps even closed ones

she also said that they'd stay dormant for a while and then randomly purge out at some point in the treatment but she recommended steaming the pores each night to encourage them to come out!

Hey CoreyDB!!

Sorry to hear those closed comedones are giving you grief. I just thought i'd throw in my experience of how i dealt with mine. My acne is comedonal/cystic but i had loads and i mean loads of closed comedones across my chin and cheeks. My derm basically told me that these comedones were inacctive acne that could inflame at any time so before she put me on accutane she did a procedure called 'hyfrecation'. It consists of a machine that used a current to cauterise the comedones (in simple terms if burnt them out of my skin) sounds awful but it was not painful and i just scabbed up for a couple of days then they all fell off and they havent come back!! I'm in the UK so i dont know if this treatment is available where you are or if it is it may be known under a different name? But it might be worth asking your derm about it?

Hope i may have been of help and feel free to ask me anything about it if you need anymore info.

Good Luck.

bella and shoes - Yeah, I think I am going to first, try bella's at home remedy, which will consist of telling my mom to go to the pharmacy tommorow and getting the best peel for my face (I'll get her to see if they have MD skincare here in Canada). If that doesn't work I have my monthly derm app. on the 24th, so I'll ask her. I already asked her but she really didn't say much, the app. was kinda rushed actually. This time I'll grill her and get some answers outta her, or even an appointment to get them extracted/cotorized like shoes said.

Now just a question for Bella, did she say they all came out with the peel?

And Shoes, could you not get the extractions done during the 'Tane treatment?

Thanks alot :)

bella and shoes - Yeah, I think I am going to first, try bella's at home remedy, which will consist of telling my mom to go to the pharmacy tommorow and getting the best peel for my face (I'll get her to see if they have MD skincare here in Canada). If that doesn't work I have my monthly derm app. on the 24th, so I'll ask her. I already asked her but she really didn't say much, the app. was kinda rushed actually. This time I'll grill her and get some answers outta her, or even an appointment to get them extracted/cotorized like shoes said.

Now just a question for Bella, did she say they all came out with the peel?

And Shoes, could you not get the extractions done during the 'Tane treatment?

Thanks alot :)

Im not sure if you could get the procedure done whilst on accutane due to the fact that your skin goes hypersensitive during the months of the course but i'd still ask just incase. If not then i think the peel idea would be good especially an SA based one as that unplugs pores, however a peel from a pharmacy is only going to be a superficial peel so i doubt it would totally get rid of them but it would probably help smooth things out somewhat.

Dear Corey: It is Day 41. I think your acne is on it's last leg. Hell, it's fighting back hard, leaving you discouraged and red marks all around your face, but I am sure it will be all over soon. Aren't you glad you talked to that special girl tonight? I hope everything works out in time, and I hope the face continues to improve. I know you are encouraged by the Youtube videos you watched, and saw everyone got worse again around Week 5-7 before they drastically improved. So it's all uphill from here. I am also sure those whiteheads will go away soon, they have become very visible so it must mean they are ready to go home. Please stay patient. Just one pill, one day, one moment at a time. You are so close, just a few more weeks bud and it's easy streak from there.

From - You

I like the little note from youself.

I am on day 40 so you and I are pretty close with our journey. I've found that it really helps to know that others are fighting the same battle. I sure hope that the next few weeks will begin the healing process. Good luck to you my friend....

nos86 - I totally agree. I think if it weren't for some of the Youtube video logs (just type in Accutane Journal into the Youtube search... samismurfs is amazing) I would have broken down today. They all seem to get worse at the start (IB), then improve a bit, then get worse again around Weeks 5-7, then improve drastically after that. So yes, knowing other people have gone through it, and seeing their results is very helpful.

On that same token, I am in the gutter right now. My skin is getting worse by the day. These whiteheads are absolutely everywhere. I would take pictures but I am so disheartened and I think the camera wouldn't do my face due diligence. Life sucks right now. The Accutane is messing with my mind and body. I'm hoping this is it, I can't fight Acne much longer. I don't really have a choice though, everyday is another pill and closer to being clear. Freedom. God I can't wait. I can see it, and its so goddamned frustrating. Just the feeling of waking up every morning to clear beautiful skin. I wish I could just fast-forward my life 'till May or June. God help me.

Just keep on truckin... Keep on truckin..

hey corey!

to your question: i asked her about it again today lol. she said it made a significant change and made most of them go away and the rest just come to *squeezable* tips! they didn't scar unless she popped them before they were "ready"

and if you bought a peel test it on a small area of your face first to make sure you don't react badly to it! if you find one with lactic acid in it as well as the alpha/beta acids it'll help with exfoliation too.

aghh. fast forward-ing is exactly what i want to do too...and i'm only on day two! (ima wimp)

keep your head up!

you're amazing!

:)