Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SpecialAgent

Ziana and Aczone log

Two news zits today. I am totally wondering about milk consumption and pimples. Because my skin, before this treatment, had been so bad, it was hard to tell if dairy had any impact. I find it odd that after having a large latte the other day as well as a glass of 1% last night, that I have some new zits.

I'll have to investigate this further.

I'm loving my everyday minerals makeup. I got the intensive kind, and it covers much better. It's a very natural look.

Space traveler,

Generally, I like it. I haven't had much of an IB from the Ziana, and I'm attributing this to the Aczone. It seems to keep pimples from developing into larger beasts. I am sporting a very inflamed pimple on my forehead, but anything else I have on my face is rather small.

It does increase facial oiliness too. My face is already oily, so this side effect is definitely a nuisance. But the difference between my pre-treatment photos and now is pretty amazing. So something is working. It also isn't too drying, which is great. I'm getting a good treatment without having peeling.

Time will tell if it continues to be effective. Hope this answers any questions you might have.

I am not treating my skin atm with anything other then a cleanser and moisturizer but thinking of picking up Aczone. The oiliness side effect is not so promising but I guess it may differ from person to person. I have usually dry and flaking skin in some areas and some other is normal but my problem areas are usually normal to oily (nose+chin). My impression of what I have read about Aczone is; Results can be seen fast, gentle, don't dry out, don't sting and don't cause redness. Not to forget, expensive. Seems like its either, Aczone, epiduo or accutane for me. Just that I probably wont have an option for accutane due to mildness of my acne even after a failed Tetralysal course. I am trying to stay away from epiduo because I can just feel the sting and redness even before I tried it. ^^

Oh well, I will check back and see if you are still making progress.

I am so excited I found this! I went to the derm today and she prescribed both ziana and aczone. I am ready to start this and see where it leads me. I haven't ever gotten cysts, just small acne but I have enough of them that I am ready for something! I heard aczone can cause blindness but I researched and haven't found anything else, have you heard that? Also, what cleanser do you use? I'll keep you posted on how it goes! Wish me luck ;)

Amy

I've had a little bit of a breakout. Nothing like I've had before, though, so that's the positive thing. I'm wondering if it could be one of three things: hormones from ovulation, a switch to the intensive formula of Everyday Minerals, or some recent heavy-duty dairy consumption.

I went back to the old mineral foundation (not intensive) and have stopped dairy again (oh, how I love ice cream!). Can't really help the hormone thing, though.

Hedgie, I hadn't heard that about Aczone. Jeez, that's frightening though. Hope it's not true.

I really don't think it's true about the blindness. Someone just posted on Yahoo Answers that it can happen, but after doing some research on the internet I found nothing else so I thinks it's okay.

I started Aczone and Ziana last night and this morning. Redness seems to be reduced on face :)

You're progress has been fantastic! thanks for starting a log on aczone, there hasn't been very much on this site about it. From the little there was posted, i had my derm prescribe me some and i've been on it for 3.5 weeks. I LOVE IT!!!

I used to have a log on RAM .1%, but it didn't work for me. Didn't stop my breakouts or reduce my hyperpigmentation. It did help my pores size a tiny bit. Now I only use aczone (2x/day) and i haven't had any new breakouts since i started!!!

Keep it up and good luck!

So I'm totally bummed. The past few days have been the worst as far as breakouts while on treatment. I'm wondering if this could be the IB, two or so weeks late? It's a strong possibility. I haven't been living life any differently, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I just have to keep telling myself that it's disappointing, but still not nearly as bad as it was before. As it stands now, I have about 3 semi-large ones on my face, and a few small ones. And they're not as red as they used to get.

Still, after so much progress, to have a breakout blows.

This has got to be an IB. Cyst on chin, and small inflamed pimples elsewhere. They just keep coming. So it took approximately 7 weeks to get an IB! Still, it's better than it was. Even with this breakout, much better.

But, grrrrrr! I'm pissed anyway. I hate this particular spot on my chin to get cysts. It's straight down from the corner of my mouth. That area always gets so sore, and seems reluctant to heal.

Hedgie, an IB stands for 'initial breakout.' It's the term used to describe the worsening of acne often seen after starting a retinoid like Differin or Retin-A, or after starting Accutane. Usually, acne gets worse before it gets better. Or sometimes, you experience a clearing, and then a worsening. That seems to be what I'm going through now.

Hey SpecialAgent!

Thanks for your posts...thought I'd stop by here too. Hang in there...I hope your IB heals quickly and we can both be clear for spring and summer! Please keep updating and have a great weekend!

Things seem to be evening out a bit. Most of the pimples have dried up and/or gone down. I feel pretty good with makeup. Hopefully, that was it.

thank you so much for this blog! i have been on both of these products for about 2 weeks and this is the best my face has looked for as long as i can remember. i know its way too early to tell but im happy!

Hedgie, you're so welcome! I just wanted to give my experience with Aczone, since it's so new to the anti-acne market.

Right now, I have to say it's a winner. The Ziana has made my skin so smooth, and while I have dealt with breakouts during this treatment, the Aczone has really been helpful in keeping them to a minimum, and with a few exceptions, really brings down swelling quickly.

So far, so good. I'm still trying to determine if my most recent breakouts were diet-related or an initial breakout.

Right now, though, I'm mostly clear, and very happy!!

Languages, I'll try to get around to posting some. Right now, I have my everyday minerals makeup on, so it wouldn't be exactly accurate. If I can remember tonight after I shower, I'll try to take some shots.

Things seem to be evening out a bit. Most of the pimples have dried up and/or gone down. I feel pretty good with makeup. Hopefully, that was it.

Oh that's good. The aczone does seem to dry pimples out quickly, IB's seem pretty short too (at least for me).

Would you reccommend the Ziana?

I'm amazed at your results so far, just amazed

HI everyone,

Here are a few pics. Sorry for the poor quality, as my digital camera blows. Still liking my results. Had a bit too much diary and got my period, so there are a few bumps here and there. But not as bad as my last breakout.

post-95999-1241265663_thumb.jpg

post-95999-1241265670_thumb.jpg

Lemonz...I really like the Ziana. Retinoids are so frustrating, as they require time to work, and success is usually spotty (ha, I like that pun). But so far with this retinoid, I'm really pleased. Perhaps it's the combination with clindamycin that makes it so effective. I never had much luck with clindamycin on its own, so who knows.

I still like the Aczone. If I have any bumps, I usually spot treat once during the day as well. Sometimes this, in addition to the layer I put on in the AM, will dry them up quicker.

Plus, my skin has never been peely on this regimen. I appreciate that so much, as it's difficult to be in treatment, trying to cover your pimples with makeup, only to have the makeup flake off while applying it. I like that I haven't had to incorporate a moisturizer at all. I just use Cosmedicine oily skin spf, and I'm on my way.

post-95999-1241265663_thumb.jpg

post-95999-1241265670_thumb.jpg

Gah!

I don't know what it is -- the milk or the hair removal attempts that are causing this current breakout.

I'm blessed. Along with being insanely acne prone, I also have a lot of excess hair. I'm currently using Vaniqa along with my acne creams, but you have to remove the hair before the Vaniqa can work. Waxing or anything that pulls out by the root can cause irritation and then acne, so I'm been relying on a razor. Seems like I always have a breakout after I do this.

Could be the milk, too. Don't know. I've got about 6 pimples, though they are thankfully small, and strangely relegated to the right side of my face.

Growl. I'm trying not to pop the small whiteheads, knowing that I could make them worse. But I hate knowing that a whitehead is on my face.

Okay, so here I sit, so depressed. Seriously, what the hell? I started treatment at the end of Feb, and here it is the middle of May, and I'm having what is probably the worst breakout since I started treatment. 6 pimples, all very red. They didn't look that bad this AM when I woke, but as we all know, after that initial face wash and application of meds, things tend to look worse. What blows me away is how red they are. One is practically brown.

And I'm scratching my head. What did I do? Is something not working? And why aren't the medications stopping the pimples from forming? It's just really frustrating.

After my last set of photos in the beginning of May, where I was practically clear, to here and now...it's a world of a difference.

WTF?

:mad:

Total a-ha moment. My decline back into serious acne started not long after my gastroenterologist started me on generic Nexium for GERD. And so I'm looking up the side-effects for acid reducers, and low and behold, one of the side effects can be acne.

I've been spotty on taking this medicine regularly, but I just filled this prescription Friday, and have been taking it regularly since then. Then I have a breakout.

So I wonder if my skin has been clear because I haven't been taking it, and then when I do, I get a breakout.

This sucks if it's true, because I do have acid problems, and cystitis, which is also relieved by taking the acid reducers. So, it's acne or stomach/bladder pain?

I cannot win. I'm going to stop taking it for a while and see if my skin clears. Then I'll reintroduce it and see if I have a breakout.