Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
struggling1

in different lights and angles

I had really bad acne for about 4 years, I went to a derm and finally got it under control and its just kind of uneven skin tone now, but I know I have scars. My skin looks like it isn't scarred if you look at it directly face on but when I tip my face up to the light, it looks horrible- like I have a lot of scars- I really don't know what kind they are, they are kind of indented but not so much- like shallow but still very noticeable- it just makes the texture look really bad-

Also when the sunlight is shinning on it in certain angles it really looks like I have horrible scars- it just isnt smooth- that is probably the worst- natural daylight hitting the side of my face in a certain angle makes me look so bad that I want to cry and I get really paranoid having to go outside in the sun and I see other people and their skin looks normal and perfect in those lights so I must have scars

does anyone else know what I am talking about? I really want to get something done to fix it, but I am nervous that there could be side effects- it is just so horrible that I have had to go through having such bad acne for years and now i have to have weird scars that I think are permanent which I will probably have to live with forever- when I see my face in the sunlight on those angles I feel so upset that I really just want to kill myself, I don't want to have to live with the pain anymore- it is just so hard, I don't ever want anyone to see my face like that- I feel like my face is just ruined now- I really wish I never had to go through any of this and I dont know how I will ever be confident enough to ever have a boyfriend and let him get close to my face in the daylight--ect. and I am only 20 years old :cry:

Yeah, light has a lot to do with how bad/good you acne looks. Personally, when it is dark and there are lights on, you can hadly see my red marks, but during the day they look awful, especially on a sunny day

I love how my face looks in the shade, but by FAR the worst (for both your skin AND your body, I've noticed) are those lights they use in mall/department store dressing rooms. It always discourages me from buying anything because I can't feel pretty and want to get out of there as soon as possible. :doubt:

I know exactly how you feel about the lighting. Sometimes I just wear a hoody on a sunny day to hide my scars. I pray for the clouds to cover the sun or for it to just rain. But it never happens.

I know exactly how you feel about the lighting. Sometimes I just wear a hoody on a sunny day to hide my scars. I pray for the clouds to cover the sun or for it to just rain. But it never happens.

I feel you on that one

I hate the sun,shows the impurities of your skin soo much

I understand what you are talking about. It's sometimes surprising in certain light to notice you have red marks and they are so obvious. Typically places with fluorescent light, such as malls and schools, tint everything. I know that my hair looks this lackluster shade of yellow when i'm right under one of those lights, when out in the sunshine it's a lot more vibrant and pretty.

It's easy to freak out and focus in on your imperfections. Just remember that everybody else sees your entire self. Not just your face or whatever part you are self conscious about. That's just one part of the whole package that is you. =)

Do you have a picture of what your scars look like? They're probably a lot like mine. Mine pretty much disappear in some lighting, but then in other lighting (like the reflection on a sunny day, on a car window) look like I was attacked. lol...and I'm one year younger than you with the same problem...so don't go thinking your all alone because your board took a half a day to get responses!! haha

I don't exactly notice the angles, because thankfully I don't have bad scarring. But I definitely do notice the lighting. Sunlight makes every imperfection stand out way more than artificial light. I'm very paranoid when I'm standing outside in the middle of the day when the sun is shining its brightest. Oh well, we all have to learn to live.

Do you have a picture of what your scars look like? They're probably a lot like mine. Mine pretty much disappear in some lighting, but then in other lighting (like the reflection on a sunny day, on a car window) look like I was attacked. lol...and I'm one year younger than you with the same problem...so don't go thinking your all alone because your board took a half a day to get responses!! haha

no, I don't have a pic probably because I don't want to look at it and actually see the reality of what happened to my face, when the sunlight hits my face directly on the side my skin just looks so bad like i have all these scars- did you ever think of doing anything for them, its nice to know someone else probably has scars similar to mine and is around my age---thanks

no, I don't have a pic probably because I don't want to look at it and actually see the reality of what happened to my face, when the sunlight hits my face directly on the side my skin just looks so bad like i have all these scars- did you ever think of doing anything for them, its nice to know someone else probably has scars similar to mine and is around my age---thanks

No Problem=]. Umm...right now I'm trying needling with diabetic lancets and applying L'roel collagen remodeler, and silicone scar zone cream, and i'll see if that does anything.. I really can't go to the derm. and get them fixed professionally though because I'm in college and have little to no money haha...that's whats tough about having acne scars at a younger age because you want to get them fixed soo bad, but theres little you can do because most people our age are going to college, and have to pay for that.. On the brighter side, we have better chances of success because we're younger and have more potential for collagen repair. So I would recommend needling them because there's little risk, and I think it may have made a tiny difference in my scars. Best of luck to you!!

From what you describe, I think your scars are pretty shallow, hence you cant see them in good condition. If i were to hazard a guess, your scars should be shallow box cars.

Unfortunately, there is at present nothing much you can do. I had Fraxel 2 and it helped marginally on the left side of my face, which is less scarred, but didnt really do much for the right side, which is more heavily scarred.

I'm in the same exact boat and there's three things that are very important on the list. Look these up:

1. Rhytec or "Portrait" (plasma callogen resurfacing): I did this and it's made a noticeable difference. It isnt that bad but you need about 5-10 days off after doing this precedure and it aint cheap either. ...Make sure you read things that are relating to 2008 and up.

2. Callogen fillers: Ultimately, this is pretty much THE best solution right now for anyone that wants top level. I'm still on the fence about doing this but i'm slowly starting to fall to the "do it" side.

3. Acne dysmorphia: This is a big one. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with any procedure to resurface your skin and yet it has EVERYTHING to do with the entire situation.

Hope this helps and good luck getting on the right track ;)

-Mat

Am I the only one who prefers sunny days over cloudy days? Not only does it put me in a better mood, but I always felt acne doesnt look as bad in the sun then it does under cloudy weather. Like the sun melts the acne with your complexion better. And under clouds, I feel like I am under this giant fluorescent lighting making my scar, marks, pimples more noticeable.

The only thing I dislike is as you mentioned, when the sun hits you from the side. I feel so self-conscious in that angled sunlight. I sometimes make geographical decisions of my routes just to avoid it in public.

Am I the only one who prefers sunny days over cloudy days? Not only does it put me in a better mood, but I always felt acne doesnt look as bad in the sun then it does under cloudy weather. Like the sun melts the acne with your complexion better. And under clouds, I feel like I am under this giant fluorescent lighting making my scar, marks, pimples more noticeable.

The only thing I dislike is as you mentioned, when the sun hits you from the side. I feel so self-conscious in that angled sunlight. I sometimes make geographical decisions of my routes just to avoid it in public.

I've actually noticed that too, it's just when the sun hits from an angle that my scars look really really bad, and on some cloudy days it really is like a flourescent light over you...so I know what your talking about. It's weird though, that that's the case because you'd think because theres less light over you, they'd be less noticeable but thats not always true.

Kind of. Yellow light was always good to me in the past. Sunlight pouring through a dark room with open windows? Not so much. It made my complexion look dull in the mirror.

walmart lightening is the worst.

i like dim lighting not just cuz it makes your skin look better but its more relaxing.

same i cant really watch my face on sun cause she's suck .

With reflection its less visible i like it more .

Is this only me or what because , I can only see my face on my bathroom mirror (its seems less visible)

am i the only one who thinks sunlight actually makes me look better? cloudy days just make the skin look less vibrant, sort of like those damn florescent lights that are everywhere. it's the same reason why (at least personally) people look better in incandescent lights, like in homes, because they're yellow and more forgiving. florescents are just unnatural light. for one, they come from above which natural light almost never does, and they're white, which sunlight isn't. i just feel like sunlight blows out a lot more imperfections and the color is less harsh on the face. am i the only one?

I worry about this all the time. Ill go to the club or bar with my friends cause i know it will be dark, but then when the "girls" want to make trips to the bathroom i always go alone.. Going into a well lit area like that after being in the dark is like im turning a head light on on my face.

When its sunny out and im driving in my car I tend to look at my face in the review mirror alot seeing how bad it looks in the light..

I totally get where ur coming from..

Stuff like this keeps me away from places im dying to go.. Like the beach... =((((