Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two years ago, i went on spring break to florida. i had moderate acne, no cysts. i guess the new (new meaning my skin wasnt exposed to these wonderful things for a while) combination of sun, salt water, and soft water cleared me up. the combination dried up my whiteheads and pimples and i had no active acne after all the flaky pimples brushed off. i literally had pimples one day, and could run my hand over them lightly the next day, and they would brush off easily. and the sun covered the marks up. so i had smooth, clear, tan skin for about the next 3 weeks.

spring break '09 is coming up, and i am going to the same place again. i am anticipating the same skin results (pimples drying up and sun covering up the marks), does anyone know how i can maintain the clear, smooth skin? i dont really care about staying tan, just not having marks. because my acne came back gradually after those short-lived 3 weeks.

DISCLAIMER

i have a high melanin count and i do not burn.

i live in indiana, if that helps weather-wise.

this is a family vacation.

i think its all the vitamin D from the sun, and the salt water has cleared me up in the past as well. Maybe try taking vitamin D supplements and i have heard of people washing there face with Epsom salt mixed in some lukewarm water. I would read up on the Epsom salt wash before trying it but the vitamin D can't hurt.

Wooohooo for spring break. Im going to Florida next Wednesday with some friends. Gonna rage it up!

i think its all the vitamin D from the sun, and the salt water has cleared me up in the past as well. Maybe try taking vitamin D supplements and i have heard of people washing there face with Epsom salt mixed in some lukewarm water. I would read up on the Epsom salt wash before trying it but the vitamin D can't hurt.

Wooohooo for spring break. Im going to Florida next Wednesday with some friends. Gonna rage it up!

idk how well supplementary D will help, but i'm gonna start taking it now and throughout and after spring break to maintain constant levels in my system.

being out in the sun always DESTROYS acne. I cant wait for spring i beleive my skin will be perfect. Have fun!

ha, thanks man. i like how you said 'DESTROY.'

I cant wait to get clear, smooth, and tan skin.

Me too im going march 6 till 11th and i cant wait. My skin is starting to clear up a bit, and i havent been to beach for a long time,(before i wore makeup). So what do u recommend i do about makeup on the beach??????i really dont want to break out worse, i plan on hitting up the clubs and attending the britney concert

Me too im going march 6 till 11th and i cant wait. My skin is starting to clear up a bit, and i havent been to beach for a long time,(before i wore makeup). So what do u recommend i do about makeup on the beach??????i really dont want to break out worse, i plan on hitting up the clubs and attending the britney concert

hmm, well im not a girl so i am obviously not an expert. but if you wear makeup on the beach, then sun is rendered useless. so there is a question to answer yourself. but i guess you could wear non-clogging sunscreen. i personally do not wear anything on the beach.