Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MC TxState

Red Marks After Acne has subsided...Macules... need info

So my names mike im new to this site... i have b een on accutane for about a month and a 2 weeks and it has really worked great i can count the remaining pimples i have with my fingers now and they are small...but the thing is i have alot of red marks on my skin...they are completly flat and smooth but they look...for lack of a better term like crap....i have heard they go away i was just wondering how long and if anyone has any stories to share...

thanks and god send to all of you all

I am 2 1/2 months into accutane with much success...few pimples left (like 3 maybe)...

anyways...my issue is my redmarks too!!

Im in the exact same boat as you! The thing to remember is not to go crazy and slop on topicals and all kinds of teatments, otherwise its hello to acne again!

My advice is simply to let your skin take control. Just wash like you usually do and let it go on its own. You could try and shortcut it by using some treatments out there, but i higly doubt that many of them work! Im just letting mine go naturally now. It may take a while but its worth it in the end.

The time period varies between person to person so theres no really fixed amount. Could take weeks/months.

Ive heard sunlight can make them worse, so i guess try and stay out of direct sunlight. Dont worry the hyperpigmentation is the final healing stage of acne so itll all be over soon lol

Hey just advice from a person who has completed 5months of accutane treatment.!

the long battle against acne will be over soon enough but then another battle will begin. this time it's the scarring.! my face is smooth all over but however the post acne hyperpigmentation made my face look horrible.! do not use anything harsh on your skin now that your on accutane.! lemon juice and eggwhite face mask is the preferred remedy as it is gentle on the skin and helps with the redmarks.!just knowing that we will have a clear and scar free face in a few months helps.!!I hope this helps.

-crane.

lemon juice and eggwhite face mask is the preferred remedy as it is gentle on the skin and helps with the redmarks.!

-crane.

i'm thinking on trying this mask, but are you sure it isn't harsh for 'tane skin?

especially lemon part?? or shoud i use just eggwhite? ...help

Anybody else used this mask while on accutane??

thx!!

First, accutane will prolong the macules unfortunately. This is because it slows down the keratinization process that allows your skin to naturally exfoliate.

yea I know, but i'm affraid that if I wait to long that these red marks are just gonna stay (forever! outch), so i'm keen on trying something while i'm still on 'tane.....my face is also clear and smooth but full of red spots so it looks like it's still pimpled.... :doubt:

First, accutane will prolong the macules unfortunately. This is because it slows down the keratinization process that allows your skin to naturally exfoliate.

yea I know, but i'm affraid that if I wait to long that these red marks are just gonna stay (forever! outch), so i'm keen on trying something while i'm still on 'tane.....my face is also clear and smooth but full of red spots so it looks like it's still pimpled.... :doubt:

hey man the important thing to remmber is they arent gonna stay forever...and anything you do might help but like some have said if your problem is just macules i think its time to let nature take over...thats what im doing nd while its not gonna go away over night im noticing improvement....subtle...but its there and they will be gone before you know it

Try using bio-oil, I've been using it for about a week and it's definitely taken the redness down and I haven't got any more outbreaks (on the contrary, since I've started using I've been getting less spots, I think it's because it moisturises my skin). My skin still looks pretty shitty, esp in sun light (ugh) but hopefully if I keep using it plus my the way the red marks will naturally die down in a few months it should look OK.

Like you said in your last post time+nature. I find that some red marks fade faster than others but they do eventually fade.

i also have a red mard left on my forehead (this is after finishing 6 months of accutane) but im not sure if its a macule and will go away like everyone says it will. does anyone know if mederma will help with the process?

i also have a red mard left on my forehead (this is after finishing 6 months of accutane) but im not sure if its a macule and will go away like everyone says it will. does anyone know if mederma will help with the process?

hello i was never on accutane (i only had mild/ moderate acne at worst) but i do have red marks like you guys . my advice

1. always wear sunscreen - the light makes them purple-brown - darker- much longer to go away ~ oh and on a side note the averge acne mark will go away in 3-6 months but that is for majority of people there are ecceptions

2. Moistttttt - moisture is the best thing, and yes it does keep them looking better

3. BP prolonges the marks as well

4. microderm (what i will be getting done in a couple weeks) is a great *supposedly* solution for marks - i will post later on and tell you guys about that if you are interested

good luck :)