Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anon2

My Skin Log

Ok so here is the thing. I was on Dans regimen for what almost a year now? In the begining it worked but as time went on my skin just stopped improving. I still broke out and I was just unhappy with my ultimate results. Bp worked with spot treating but my face I guess my skin was just too sensitive to be wearing a whole face of bp all the time. It either dried my pimples and face along with it or did nothing. My skin is unstable. I have mild/moderate acne, however I make it worse by picking ,yeah thats got to stop as you all know my wedding is in a couple months. Bleh.

Time for a new regimen!!

I liked the basic rules for dans reg and to be honest it really helped me learn how to take care of my skin. I wanted to start the patricia wexler acnescription system however while standing in bath and bodyworks debating I decided that in the end I would only purchase the Patricia wexler overnight acne repair lotion and stick with my basic wash and moisturizer. If, this overnight cream works I shall purchase the whole wexler acnescription kit but right now I'm skeptical.

So here is how it works

In the morning I will wash with CETAPHIL GENTLE CLEANSER

In the morning I will only spot treat with some BP and moisturize with PURPOSE DUAL TREATMENT MOISTURE LOTION

At night I will wash again with CETAPHIL GENTLE CLEANSER

Before bed I will apply PATRICIA WEXLERS OVERNIGHT REPAIR LOTION and spot treat again with a little bp if nessicary.

It's a simple regimen but then again I'm a simple girl. The face wash is only to prep my skin for the medication that I will be depending on to clear my skin. The moisturizer is just a simple one that one clog my pores and just does exactly what It's suppose to do.......moisturize.

How the heck do you spell that anyway?? moisturize, moisturise??? who knows?

If this overnight lotion works well i may add the gycolic peel wexler makes or even the whole darn system. My wedding coming up and sheesh im desperate.

Well fart. Nothing to report today as it is my first day on the regimen. LALALA.

Oh also from now on

NO GREASY FAST FOOD

NO SODA (this will be a toughie for me)

MORE WATER (bring a waterbottle with me everywhere)

erm just try to be healthier excersize eat right ect ect..

Yeah I have a feeling this isnt going to work. Time can only tell.

HOLD UP.

ok something IS working here. Maybe its the new night reapiring lotion maybe its the drinking of water i dunno but I DO know my face is a little better. I definatley see an improvement today. I had an extream breakout on my forehead before my new regimen. Not huge zits just dotted red bumps everywhere above my eyebrows and once one went away another popped up. I HATE that! Since using my new regimen I have not had one new pimple so what thats two days with no new pimples! yay this is definatly good! The swelling of all the pimples on my forehead went down and previous ones on my chin have dried up completley. I still have those dreaded red marks tho. One in paticular is really BAD. Its on the right side of my lower cheek and it glares back at me when I peek in the mirror. It was a horrid zit about four months ago, large and discuting I swear it had its own heartbeat. Then it went away. Then about a month ago it came back!! what the hell!!! now that it is completley gone (for good I hope) there is this nasty red mark. Thank God for concealer (sorry lads). My face is a little dry but I guess i am not quite used to the new repairing night lotion yet. At least it isnt red and falling off from all that bp!

SOOOOOOOOOO does anyone know anything thats good on red spots? Ive got some tea tree oil but im mighty afraid to use it!

On another good note my dog just got spayed yesterday. I had to leave her overnight at the clinic. The darn doctor (who looked more like a lumberjack because both times I saw him he was wearing a beard and a flannel shirt) insisted they keep my poor doggie overnight. SO this morning I picked her up at 7:15 :shock:!!!!!! The surgery went alright I'm sure my hyper dog gave them loads of problems tho. My dog rushed out to the car dragging me behind her not even looking back at the clinic. When I seated my self in the car she looked at me like "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME THERE!?!?!" and glared at me the entire way home and even through the mcdonalds drive thru. I felt bad for leaving her but it just had to be done.

Well thats all for today. IMA EAT MY LUNCH!

so pleased!!!!!!!!

today i noticed that most of my acne has dried up. when i say most i mean my forehad mostly. i still have one near my cheek that is slowly drying but its getting there. this new regimen is working pretty fast though and so far.........so far...............hasexceeded my expectations. usually salisilic acid well its never really done anythiung for me but this time around its working like a charm.

i figure by tomorrow my inflamed acne will be all but dried up at this rate! obviously i still need to stay on it for blackheads and oh those awful red spots. you see my acne will be all dried upo tomorrow most likely, yea lets shoot for that goal. But im still not going to look great I have those awful red marks left behind and two scabs now one on each cheek. JOY! I hope those will be gone soon.

peace and hair grease.

OK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! I SEE READING BUT NO REPLIES C'MON I WANT SOME REPLIES HERE!!!!

Anyway, just got off from a sloooooooooooooooow day at work. And at work I made a realization. I think most of my acne is from picking. Seriously i will mess with my skin in front of the mirror searching for some form of impurity in my skin and dig at it. Now that thats said, where i once had nothing on my jawline I now have a dark red mark from picking at basically nothing more than a black head. SO new rule in my regimen no picking at all. I'm going to need some serious help on this one because I pick every time i look in the mirror it seems like and if I continue even with this awsome regimen I'm on im never going to heal.

Speaking of healing my dog is alot better. Shes still pissed at me but alot better.

There really isn't much else to say now. I am going out to dinner tonight and I want to look really pretty :) I bought a 42 dollar self tanner at sephora a couple days ago and while it doesn't make me "tan" it does give me a slight bit of healthy color. I think i will apply some after a shower tonight. I know what your thinking 42 dollars!!!?!?!?! yeah you heard it. It sounds extream but I heard great reviews for it on totalbeauty.com. That, anddddddddddddd I found reviews for my night repairing lotion all 10's or 9.5's!! I hope my skin continues to improve. Well tootaloo!!!

yes yes yes its true i joined the stickham communtiy and several people saw me on at 9:00pm last night. I should be on later this week ;)

I THOUGHT my face was better when i awoke this morning but i got two zits mid day and my skin is begining to dry out and flake because of the night repair stuff. I guess I will have to continue my regimen and see what happens.

LOVES

Today the dryness is a bit better :) and the new reg is working on my acne, just a little more slowly than the past couple days. right now my skin is OK but it couls be better, than again it could be worse.

Today is sunday sigh and i have to work. Its a pretty short shift though so i'll be alright. Work is just begining to discust me just thinking about it. The managers the customers everything just makes me want to scream. I gotta hang in there tho and I guess be grateful that I even have a job in this economy.

Its been almost a week of no caffine or carbonated drinks and I am starting to loose it. My headaches wont stop and water is getting downright dull. I know it sounds petty but you all have no idea how i CRAVE the carbonation. Sprite pepsi coke dr pepper you name it. I used to drink about 3 oor 4 a day but could drink more. Then I just stopped last week and I want a sprite so bad I can taste it....not really water is sooo plain. But hey at least my skin is clearing.

I also got my bridesmaids fitted for their dresses yesterday. The ones I wanted were awful! they looked nothing like the website picture. Luckily, we found another style that worked and we made a decision. Glad thats over with. Now, I just have to remember to inform those who couldnt make it yesterday about the dress switcheroo. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

My skin has been getting better. My forehead which was the main problem several days ago is almost completley clear. And the dryness I think is now coming to an end. That scab that I was talking about in a previous post on my right cheek is still there and today I awoke with a small whitehead next to it. Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!! I extracted it and spot treated it with bp hoping to dry the crap out of it. Its now just a really small red mark but I have to promise myself that cant mess with it or I'll make it worse.

I WILL NOT MESS WITH MY FACE

I WILL NOT MESS WITH MY FACE

I am off all day today so I am not looking foreward to cleaning. I guess It has to be done tho. Sigh.....................................................................

ok things were going ok but now i am becoming skeptical. I woke up today and my previous pimples are all dried up but now i have a new red bump on the left side of my face by my nose. GREAT! its not a white head just one of those bumps that there is nothing in it but oil. So i guess i will just leave it alone and pray it will dry up tonight. Im giving this regimen two months to work!!!!!! seriously. if it doesnt im going back to bp.

oh and i drank a sprite today. just one. it didnt have caffine in it so i guess im ok. damn tho, it was good.

And so it goes..............

So far my new regimen has been somewhat succsessful. Still, im only giving it two months before I try something else.

My regimen has been great at treating my pimples. Most of them dry up overnight ( like the one I had yesterday on by my nose). But its not only treatment im looking for its prevention. I think eventually this regimen will prevent new pimples but for now its struggleing on the pervention part-and i think I know why.

I went from dans regimen to this all in the same week. during dans reg i used ALOT of bp, not just some to spot treat like a do now during the day. Then I abruptly came off bp and switched to my new regimen. My face is probably not used to life without bp all over my face 24/7 so of course I am having trouble preventing new pimples. I am sure tho that I just need to get used to not so much bp and get used to my new regimen.

I have to babysit today :) so that should be fun :)

Thank God for acne.org.

My face is basically clear of any inflammed acne or pimples, well except one. And I researched it on this site and its a nodule. Forgive my spelling if I spelled that wrong. It's the only zit I have at the moment other than some dotted blackheads and its undernieth the skin and almost invisible to the eye. But I can feel it its hard and its there. I dare not squeeze it because they can scare. I have had nodules before but very rarely, maybe once every couple of months and they hurt like the dickens! I did my regular regimen last night and spot treated it with bp and it brought down the swelling immensly. I blame this nodule on me getting off of all that bp, like I said my skins just not used to life with out all that bp. It should go down completley in a couple of days but i just cant pick it. I have to control myself. it has always been a problem of mine, the picking and all. i have top just spot myself before i screw up my face.

Hey hey hey!!!!!!!!

This regimen (so far) is definatley working. My overall skintone is great. No redness or irritation, like I had with dans regimen. I only have that nodule on my chin that is begining to really heal and a pimple that popped up today above my left eyebrow. It is really tiny tho and I am sure it will be gone by tomorrow, aas fast as this night lotion is working. I'm really excited to not had dry itchy red skin anymore and my skin is getting so much better. I really hope I continue to clear up and maybe this time I will stay clear.

Goodnight :)

please leave a comment. I dont have any yet :/

It's a beautiful 78 degrees outside today! I went to two different parks :) so nice for spring to arrive!

As far as my face goes my nodule is almost non existant and should be gone by tomorrow. And the small pimple above my forehead is almost gone as well. Yay for progress! Im off tho make my family a lovely tilapia dinner. The house is clean my face is getting better and im about to cook. Also I have a date with my fiance tonight. CHEERS TO THAT!

so my most of my acne has cleared up. at least the inflammed. I still have blackheads and stuff but my main concern is the red spots lol I have alot of the right now, so while my skin is actually good, it doesnt look like it.

Another big issue is the oil control. Since I have stopped all that bp my face returned to its natural oiliness. gross. I need to figure out a way to stay matte.

OK OK there has been a change to my new regimen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the other day an old redmark on the side of my cheek sprouted a new BIG white head. it was very painful, very red, and very gross. The rest of my face was basically clear except for the red marks and oil that I couldn't seem to control. It sucked big time because I have broken out in that same area 3 times now!!! seriously three times!!!! SO now after the acne is gone on that spot i will have to wait even longer for that red mark to go away!!!!

Now dont get me wrong the overnight repair lotion from wexler works but it seems like I need more than just an overnight cream. So plegued with a new huge white head on a small red mark I journeyed to bath and body works yesterday to get the actual wexler starter kit. I figure if the lotion works so well why not try the whole kit??

SO I did. There is a facewash, a glycolic peel, an acne serum and a moisturizer. it seems like alot but hey what do i have to loose? I tried it yesterday and my face is far less oily and my skintone looks even, well all except for that lovely zit on the cheek. I need to end that for good!!!! I can't let it keep coming back and im not sure why it does but it does.

Ok so my new wexler regimen with the new products:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

AM!!!

Cleanse with wexler exfoliating cleanser

Wexler acne serum ( the same stuff as the overnight repair lotion but its for the day only)

moisturize with wexler oil free hydrator

PM!!!

Cleanse with wexler exfolitating cleanser

Use the 2 step wexler glyco peel system

overnight acne repair lotion (basically the same stuff as the serum but for night)

ok there you have it. Will see if addin g some more wexler products helps my skin at all.

Hope and pray for me :)

This wexler line really is helping my skin.

For once my face feels soft and supple and a whole hell of alot less oily. I still have a couple small pimples so hopefully this new regimen helps :)

lol i'm going to reply because no one else has...

but i'm on Dan's regimen, its good for keeping my

acne (which is only near my chin) at bay. The newest

problem i have are red marks from old acne. I know they

say AHA helps but i'm afraid to use it so idk

hope your regimen works for you.

aw my first reply! thanks! I hope dans works for you!

However my skin has hit a road bump. Im breaking out on my forehead and cheeks. Ugh. Maybe its that second week breakout most people get when starting a new regimen. fart. I hate this. regimens always start off well clearing me then my face gets worse I cant take it anymore. If this doesnt work by the end of the month i quit. I hate my skin. I just want to look beautiful. my fiance says im beautiful but I personally want to feel beautiful. And my wedding is a little over 3 months away. God I hate this.

O.K. so you sound a bit down about your skin right now, so i'm gunna try and pick u up! I know this is cliche, but try and think about all the positives in your life to help keep your mind off of your skin and such. This is something that I struggle with too as I tend to let little things bother me and get in the way of enjoying moments in my life I should be enjoying. I understand what you mean about you yourself wanting to feel beautiful (not just people or your fiance telling you so...btw your avatar pic is gorgeous ;) ) Nobody pays more attention to ourselves than ourselves, so if you think others might notice a little blemish here or there you're prolly mistaken. So don't beat yourself up over tiny things and just try and let certain worries and stresses go and I can almost promise you will find that you enjoy moments a lot more. Best of luck to ya on this cavemen regimen, and remember as terrible and frustrating as acne might be it will not last forever. :D

O.K. so you sound a bit down about your skin right now, so i'm gunna try and pick u up! I know this is cliche, but try and think about all the positives in your life to help keep your mind off of your skin and such. This is something that I struggle with too as I tend to let little things bother me and get in the way of enjoying moments in my life I should be enjoying. I understand what you mean about you yourself wanting to feel beautiful (not just people or your fiance telling you so...btw your avatar pic is gorgeous ;) ) Nobody pays more attention to ourselves than ourselves, so if you think others might notice a little blemish here or there you're prolly mistaken. So don't beat yourself up over tiny things and just try and let certain worries and stresses go and I can almost promise you will find that you enjoy moments a lot more. Best of luck to ya on this cavemen regimen, and remember as terrible and frustrating as acne might be it will not last forever. :D

I am sorry but to say acne does not last forever, if you didn't notice there is no cure for acne and if you have for as long as people on this blog have them, it seem forever.

cmon lets be positive but realistic.

I am sorry but to say acne does not last forever, if you didn't notice there is no cure for acne and if you have for as long as people on this blog have them, it seem forever.

cmon lets be positive but realistic.

once again there is a difference between feeling like it's forever and being forever for real. I've never heard or seen any women over 50 with acne. I've never seen any guy over 30 with acne. I believe some people prolong their acne condition by putting all these chemicals on their faces interfering with your skin's natural protective barrier. Think about it....why would any cosmetic corporation want to make a product that people can use for awhile to get rid of acne? The reality is they want your money, so they make products that will leave you frustrated with acne as long you use them or until you reach an older age. By then you become dependant on their products and have a paranoia that you cannot live w/o them. Search around these forums for "cavemen" regimens, "nothing" regimens, and "water only" regimens. People including myself have seen actual positive results by not using this sh*t. But I most warn it won't work for everyone, especially those battling acne due to hormones or diet. If your acne is not caused by one of these....what the hell is it caused by?

Hey I just wanted to wish you luck with your regimen and let you know what I've been doing to help clear my skin. I've used so many products on my face (Murad, Proactive, Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, tea tree oil, glycolic acid, apple cider vinegar, etc.) and have watched my face get worse and my money go down the toilet.

I drink 3 liters of water a day, exercise regularly, don't drink pop, removed dairy from my diet, limit the amount of processed foods and most importantly I try to get 8 or more hours of sleep a day. I've noticed that when I don't get more than 8 hours of sleep, I always have a pimple pop up! During my summer and winter vacation from college my skin looks fantastic! The only time our skin repairs is during deep sleep, so it's extremely important to get those zzzzzz!

In the morning I wash my face with Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Complexion soap and moisturize with Lilly of the Desert aloe vera gelly.

After class about 4-5 p.m. I wash my face again because my face gets oily. I don't apply any moisturizer.

In the evening I just use the soap again.

I almost forgot I steam my face with a pot of boiling hot water three to four times a week with a towel over my head or I'll go to the local rec center and sit in the sauna or steam room.

I wish you the best of luck with getting clear skin! :D

hey all sorry i havent wrote for awhile.

I was battling my skin lol.

I tried not washing my face for awhile but it did nothing for me :/ maybe im just different

so i went back to wexler products. basically its just salisylic acid. and I also added vitamin b5 to my reg and my skin is looking pretty good right now :):):)

Thanks for all your support and love!

Thanks guys!

Really wishing you the best skin, and the best everything for your upcoming wedding! And your radiance as a beautiful bride is going to shine- that's what everyone will be paying attention to... not your skin!

Perhaps you ought to consider going to an aesthetician/skin care specialist. I'll tell you now that I spent LOTS of time and money on buying all sorts of products/lines to try in all sorts of places to clear my face up. Sometimes, it's just a good idea to talk to someone who does this for a living-- they'll have experience with what has worked the best on the most number of clients. And they'll be able to tell you what works the quickest, which will be pretty important for you!

I do love all the advice here on acne.org, and have tried many of them in the past, and would be willing to try lots more. In my opinion, now's just not the best time to experiment. It's all about trying to clear up as much as you can before your big day.

I think we speak for all us-- we'd love to see some pictures while on the Wexler regimen! Good luck! Best wishes!