Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kimmy_Cup

need help on my scars?

Can someone look at my gallery of pictures and look at the newest ones and tell me what kind of scars I have. I'm getting kinda scared because I'm starting to think they're more than just pigmentation.

Those just look like discoloration...they seem slightly indented though. But don't worry, it will eventually fill up...well, at least mine did overtime. Have you tried any peels...like TCA?

Those just look like discoloration...they seem slightly indented though. But don't worry, it will eventually fill up...well, at least mine did overtime. Have you tried any peels...like TCA?

OH okay that's good. I reduced the time that Ive been looking at my face and one day when I was in the car I wanted to fix my hair and looked in the mirror and was horrified at how my scars looked. Its good to hear they'll go away, but the wait is so hard. >,< and no I havened done any TCA peels because I'm scared it might damage my skin. I'm currently using bio-oil and it seems to be working. (check my gallery to see what I mean) So I'll just stick with that for now.

Oyamaguchi- thanks for the warning. I don't think I'll try any peels yet because of how harsh they are, I'll wait a couple more months maybe the end of the school year until I decide on that.

Neverfoget- Hey thanks for the comment. How long have you had your scars and what are you doing to help it?

Hey Kimmy_Cup,

plz check this,maybe this can help u..

"Calamine is a preparation belonging to a class of medicines called the anti-pruritics, which are used to relieve itching.

Itching can be caused by physical irritation or chemical changes in the skin caused by disease, allergy, inflammation, side-effects of drugs, or reaction to irritant substances. It is a common symptom of skin disorders, e.g. eczema, and infection with lice or worms. Calamine can be used in the form of a cream or a lotion. It is used as it has a cooling and soothing effect on the skin for symptomatic relief of the itching. It also contains the active ingredient zinc oxide, which has antiseptic properties and helps prevent infection from scratching."

Calamine doesn't seem to fit my description. My scars are just scars from acne and they don't itch and my skin isn't irritated to my skin routine so I don't think that's the cause. But thanks for the comment I actually told my friend about this because she has this type of problem so I think she's going to find some calamine for her face. Hahah that's one way to help a person. :]

hey guys, i've put up a post about this check it out "apple cider vinegar and orange peel" it's all natural stuff and i've been using it for 2 weeks now with significant improvement (ill put up pics soon) hope it helps:)

Ive been hearing about the apple cider thing. I don't know yet if I want to try it. I'm afraid my skin might break out again. As for the orange peels. Since it has vitamin C i'm guessing that's what's helping. I might try that but not yet. I really want to wait until I know for sure my acne is under control.

Wow, you're certainly not alone. I have the EXACT same case. Mine may be slightly more severe though. Yours looks like it's fading. Colostomus has some interesting ideas I may try.

apple cider.... I'm starting to think I should start doing that. Just too see what happens. Hmmm I'll wait a few more months and then decide to start it.

apple cider is just like glycolic acid, but has a lower percentage which is only about 7%.

i would suggest you use 10% glycolic acid if you want to fade those marks faster.

also, i know that you are afraid that you would break out again using glycolic acid, but actually it is helping you cleaning your skin. it helps unclogging your pores. if you break out, it means that deep under your skin your pores are clogged and they would breka out eventually no matter what, so its best if you can clean them now instead of bearing with them again in the future.

it is just my opinion and i hope this will help.

You don't need to do anything. Yet. You first will want to work on the pigmentation issues; there are excellent pinned posts at the top of this forum with ideas on how to reduce PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation). You have some tiny, minor, minute, barely discernible indented scarring that may actually go away on its own with time.

Ah!!!! Thanks for making this thread I thought I was the only one who had those kind. When you find something that drastically helps please feel free to messege me!!!

I have exactly the same acne red scars as you. I'm planning on posting a pic of me sooner,as I'm working so so hard to get rid of my scars. I had acne for 3 years now and most of my scars and hyperpigmentations are very old.

I am planning too to go try microdermabrasion but I think I have to wait maybe until May or June to see if I have my severe acne under control.

You're Asian right? Your skin is exactly like my skin and my scars looked exactly like that. After I finally got rid of all my acne I had a bunch of those discolorations and indention. The derm told me to wait like 6 months because they were suppose to eventually fill up and go away. Well 6 months passed and I still had the exact same problem. So I went out and did a smartxide dot laser procedure. It took some time but about 5 months since the procedure my face has become pretty smooth. The red marks are still there, but they told me that once my face has completely healed from the laser (which is about 6 months) then I can come back and do something to help fix those red marks.

I know exactly how you feel about scars. Its hard to tell if mine are worse than yours. You do have more redness than me. Eitherway, you look gorgeous and dont let anyone tell you different.

The biggest thing to help scars fade is sunscreen, a high PPD and stable sunscreen protects your skin from the sun, which darkens spots and only makes it worse.

sunscreen and a decent exfoliant (bha, aha, etc) will be your best bet. It takes time, there's no quick fix. be patient and good luck!

I reccomend something SPF 45 or higher.

Okay, so your scars look slightly indented but not very pigmented. Have you thought about going on retinoids? Its thickens the dermis and lessens the apperance of scars, pretty sure it increases collagen levels too, so I think it would be ideal for your skin, but always start with the lowest percentage (0.01%/0.025%) and see how you go. Other than that your best bet would be trying some low percentage glycolic/lactic acid peels then slowly increasing the percentage if you get any results.

Hey Kimmy

My red marks were exactly the same as yours, my scarring is pretty shallow but noticeable. Ive been using tiny amounts of olive oil on the red marks and its working really well (its also a ton cheaper than bio-oil). Im not sure how it works, maybe the vit E? Its really helping though, I only use TINY dabs on the red marks and then massage it in so its not greasy, twice a day after cleansing but before moisturising. You should try it :)