Notifications
Clear all

The Ultimate Problem Solver For Body Acne

MemberMember
(@britney-spears)

Posted : 02/24/2009 6:21 pm

Gold Bond, Gold Bond, Gold Bond! (edited, I thought Baby Powder and Gold Bond were the same thing =/ stupid me)

My back had been breaking out for the past few months out of nowhere. I never had body acne in my life, only facial acne so it was quite surprising!

As you can see its pretty much cleared up minus a few moderate sized ones. And alot of those bumps on my back are actually moles, so be sure to decipher between the two! Hehe.

I use the normal Gold Bond Body Powder. the zinc in it heals the skin as well as keep it dry, thus preventing the acne from forming and healing your current marks at the same time. :)

Hope you guys like it! It works. And excuse my body in the pics, I kinda let myself go lately and gained some weight. =/ But I'm losing it as we speak. :P

The order of the pics is from left to right, worst to best.

The first pic is from 2 weeks ago. The second pic is from a week ago. The third pic is today.

post-96919-1235518024_thumb.jpg

post-96919-1235518050_thumb.jpg

post-96919-1235518062_thumb.jpg

post-96919-1235518024_thumb.jpg

post-96919-1235518050_thumb.jpg

post-96919-1235518062_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@katt99)

Posted : 03/08/2009 11:17 pm

i bought some of this today because after reading this, I was almost convinced it would work. Did you know that it also has salyclic acid in it too? well, the extra strength one does. I don't know about the regular. So what's the easiest way to use it? I tried "wheezing" it all over my back and chest. But then I starting inhaling it so then i shook it all over and rubbed it in. I also tried putting some in my hands and then working it around. It was frustrating and messy. Maybe I'll stand in the shower and do it.

MemberMember
(@jiveturkey86)

Posted : 03/19/2009 11:17 pm

This product seems to work very well. It prevents break outs and heals old ones fast. I apply it after each time I shower. It has a really nice cooling sensation as well :)

So far this seems to work better than H&S for me. I've used it for almost a week now with hardly any new break outs, hopefully it keeps working as well as it has.

Gold bond extra strength medicated body powder along with 50mg zinc/day, a potent multi vitamin, lots of exercise, water, healthy food, and a good amount of sleep each night, and stress relieving activities seems to help a lot.

p.s my condition was a lot worse than the pics from britney spears

MemberMember
(@typoprone)

Posted : 03/21/2009 10:32 pm

I use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion, Aloe, and it really helps. I haven't had any chest zits since I've been using it. The stuff smells pretty good, too.

MemberMember
(@jiveturkey86)

Posted : 03/23/2009 1:02 am

I use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion, Aloe, and it really helps. I haven't had any chest zits since I've been using it. The stuff smells pretty good, too.

Does that suff have healing ingredients like the body powder does (zinc) ?

MemberMember
(@bballer88)

Posted : 03/23/2009 8:07 am

Well I hate to break it to the rest of the people but I really doubt that this is a The Ultimate Problem Solver" for body acne. Judging by your first pic you barely had an acne at an maybe 5 belmishes, but they where def not cysts, or nodudles, just by your vast sweeping ritorical statments I have to say that you must be very young under age of I would say 16 or so right? Did you ever think it was not the gold bond that helped you and it cleared up on its own, I bet that was the case!

MemberMember
(@typoprone)

Posted : 03/23/2009 9:10 am

Does that suff have healing ingredients like the body powder does (zinc) ?

I don't think it has zinc, but it's supposed to contain "7 Intense moisturizers" and vitamins A, C, and E.

MemberMember
(@jiveturkey86)

Posted : 03/23/2009 6:15 pm

Well I hate to break it to the rest of the people but I really doubt that this is a The Ultimate Problem Solver" for body acne. Judging by your first pic you barely had an acne at an maybe 5 belmishes, but they where def not cysts, or nodudles, just by your vast sweeping ritorical statments I have to say that you must be very young under age of I would say 16 or so right? Did you ever think it was not the gold bond that helped you and it cleared up on its own, I bet that was the case!

Well, I'm a 23 year old male. I've used gold bond body powder for about 9 days now and I've had drastic improvements and no new break outs since using it. I'm not going to post pictures of myself on here but my condition was A LOT worse than the pics posted in this thread.

p.s it's spelled "rhetorical" not ritorical

MemberMember
(@shopshoegal)

Posted : 03/26/2009 11:41 am

That's not very nice. You must be very young too to be disrespectful to the OP. He/she was just helping others. If you don't believe in his/her success, move on to other treatments. We all know that skincare is YMMV. We're just here on the forum to get tips and advice.

MemberMember
(@bballer88)

Posted : 03/27/2009 11:57 pm

Sorry, and I am 20 btw.

MemberMember
(@unsungacnehero)

Posted : 04/25/2009 8:53 pm

I'll stop by the store and buy some. Can't hurt to give it a try. Thanks for sharing and wish me luck!

MemberMember
(@angelina_jr)

Posted : 04/26/2009 11:11 am

Fingers crossed I can get this stuff delivered to the uk. Hey, whats another acne product to add to the bathroom cabinet :D I'll give anything a go! Cheers people.

MemberMember
(@michaelangelo)

Posted : 04/26/2009 4:19 pm

anyone tried this stuff on their face? just curious

MemberMember
(@cooleyxd)

Posted : 05/09/2009 10:36 am

I bought this a while ago and I love it! I also use the lotion :D oh! I apply the lotion to my face and it feels much better than Olay Complete.

the lotion heals up my scabs nicely too making my face real smooth and even ^^ <3 it <3 it!

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 05/10/2009 12:48 pm

Thanks for sharing this! I don't have body acne, but I know that it's a problem a lot of people have, and while this may not help everybody, if it helps just one person that's wonderful. =)

MemberMember
(@kirbatha)

Posted : 06/15/2009 5:39 pm

I've been a bacne sufferer for years. Since 6th Grade, I want to say. I just graduated.

Right now, I'm the closest I've ever come to being cured. I use Head and Shoulders Intensive Care with Selenium Sulfide as a body wash while in the shower, and it has majorly improved my condition. I'm pretty pale (six years of not being in the sun shirtless will do that to a person) so I'm sure my problem isn't as bad as I think it is, but I still relish the fact that I have very few active blemishes. My shoulders are almost 100% clear. My back is almost as well, with only a few faded red marks remaining that I think I might try to tan out. My chest is the biggest problem area, but it's mostly red marks.

Tonight, I'm going to try pHisoderm Salicylic Acid body wash in the shower and apply the Gold Bond powder after I get out. Here's hoping it works. I'll keep this updated.

MemberMember
(@kirbatha)

Posted : 06/20/2009 1:20 pm

Britney, Britney, Britney. I owe you something. I don't know what, but I definitely owe you.

I've tried so much for my bacne. I mean, I've had facial acne for quite a while but dermatologist-prescribed medications have mostly fixed that problem, but I've never been able to get a satisfactory solution for my back, chest, or shoulders. I couldn't use BP because I didn't have clothes that I don't mind bleaching. Salicylic was not working, no matter what form it took. Spray, body wash, scrub, you name it. Tried ACV, tried MoM. Tried eliminating soda from my diet, didn't work (and now I'm back on my sweet, sweet nectar...I love Sprite). Just...nothing worked, ever.

Today, I sit here with massively faded red marks, one active blemish next to my left nipple, and one receding blemish on my right shoulder, at the end of the clavicle. For the first time in six years, I'm going to get a tan. That will finish off the problem for good. I can go swimming...I can hot tub...I can do so much. You, Britney, are my hero for suggesting this.

My body regimen:

Morning: If not showering, apply Gold Bond Extra Strength Medicated Body Powder to problem areas.

Night: Same as morning.

Whenever you shower: Apply Head and Shoulders Intensive Care shampoo to body. Leave on for two or three minutes, wash off. Apply Zapzyt 2% Salicylic Acid Wash, leave on for two or three minutes, wash off. Get out, dry off, and apply Gold Bond.

In less than a week, I've seen such drastic results, I'm literally...hmm, what's a good word...flabbergasted. I am flabbergasted. Thank you Britney Spears (never thought I'd be saying that haha)!

MemberMember
(@xincognito)

Posted : 06/23/2009 10:22 pm

Hmm, wouldn't hurt to try I guess. First thread I looked at since I just signed up and I really hope it works! Tired of trying to deal with this problem alone :)

MemberMember
(@helio)

Posted : 06/24/2009 11:59 pm

I just picked up the extra strength powder today. I had to try it, this intrigued me way too much. I just put it on after my shower. I shall do it in the mornings from now on. Except on my neck, where the white powder would show. I'll post my results!

MemberMember
(@liftmore)

Posted : 06/25/2009 12:42 am

Hey, I need to try this, where did you guys purchase this? Drug stores? Grocery stores? What ones? I'm either going to go to London drugs or Save on foods.

MemberMember
(@stopthemaddness)

Posted : 06/25/2009 1:05 am

(says very quickly): Okay I'm trying it.

MemberMember
(@realme2008)

Posted : 06/25/2009 9:48 am

(says very quickly): Okay I'm trying it.

I'm going to try it also. I figure it couldn't hurt to try it. It has zinc and Salicylic Acid, so it could be great at healing and stopping acne. The reviews are pretty good too. This is what the product looks like, and it's available at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, e.t.c. Be sure to rate also on drugstore.com after you tried it, so others will know how good the product works or if it doesn't.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=44616

MemberMember
(@xincognito)

Posted : 06/25/2009 8:17 pm

For those who have tried it; how long did you wait before putting a shirt on after applying the Gold Bond? Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@helio)

Posted : 06/25/2009 9:28 pm

I know it's too soon to judge a product but in the day that I've used it, it's actually done a hell of a job. I have a crazy breakout on my neck right now (something like 10 cysts) and this dried them up right away. The bumps are still there, but it's going away really fast. My guess is that my neck will be completely healed by the weekend.

On my body, the results are less obvious but still clearly noticeable. Although I don't have a lot of active acne, the look of it suggests bad skin. I don't know how to explain it. This powder instantly soaks up any oil and shininess and overall, makes the skin looks a lot better.

Also, I've been having breakouts on my butt. Gross, I know but it's real and it hurts! It's dried them up a lot! Usually, they take two weeks to go away, but this has sped that up so much. I think this targets that problem better because it absorbs moisture and anything else that could contribute to acne. It also reduces chafing a lot.

Gold Bond has outdone all expectations I had for it. I had no idea this product could do so much. If I had found this out sooner, I would have suffered a lot less! But nevertheless, thanks to the original poster SO MUCH! No doubt you've just helped a lot of people who suffer with body acne. The product is really simple, and really cheap, so this is just great for me.

One downside though - it can get messy applying powder because of its form. You might be left with a lot of white powder over your sink and floor but I've gotten better at keeping it just to my skin. Another important note, this contains Zinc Oxide which might be toxic to inhale. Try to keep inhalation to a minimum. I get a little lightheaded after application due to all the zinc floating around.

Again, thanks! I will keep posting as I have more experience with it.

MemberMember
(@liftmore)

Posted : 06/29/2009 9:33 pm

I just did my first application. Here's to hoping I can show off my beach body soon... without hiding my back. Feels good against my skin, dries everything right up... Pleeease work!!

I'll let you guys know how it's going!