Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No, you need to go to a specialty store, like a health store or buy online. They say its not suppose to but I broke out using it while on accutane. A lot of people have had great success with it though.

i ordered mine from longviewfarms.com. i got the "acne kit" which was the emu oil and it came with a bar of emu oil/goats milk soap that i LOVE. the emu oil didnt make me break out at all... it actually helped with the scars and redness, but it wasnt practical to wear everyday so i prefer lotion. some people really love it though.

purpleemu.com sells excellent emu oil. I've used less expensive ones that broke me out.

They do carry it at my local health food store, but only one brand and I have no idea how refined it is. SO I won't be trying it.

I use the one from lurebeauty.com. It doesn't irritate my skin and emu oil is just a great, great, great moisturizer. I don't know where to get it where I'm at though, apart from online. I think lurebeauty is in New Jersey (? I vaguely remember from a very long time ago...???) and I use to use this brand from this company located in Wisconsin, I think.

I use the one from lurebeauty.com. It doesn't irritate my skin and emu oil is just a great, great, great moisturizer. I don't know where to get it where I'm at though, apart from online. I think lurebeauty is in New Jersey (? I vaguely remember from a very long time ago...???) and I use to use this brand from this company located in Wisconsin, I think.

Can you tell me the name of the product you are using? thanks!

Save yourself the hassle paying for shipping. Healthfood store/ "emu gold", fantastic doesn't break you out at all, and can be worn every night. Awesome!

I'm curious, since I cant get jojoba oil where I live, could I use emu oil instead? I mean, does it has a simillar effect?

I never consider it, cause I though it wasn't safe for acne, like the only oil I've heard that isn't comedogenic, or clogges pores is jojoba oil...

Anyone? :shifty:

Can you tell me the name of the product you are using? thanks!

I use their own brand emu oil (Lure Beauty).

https://lurebeauty.authsecure.com/emu-oil-p...e2bb624163ae94b

I use the four oz. one and it lasts for.... the last one I've been using since February and there's still 1/3 left. Pretty good, I think. I use day and night. I recommended it to a friend because she complimented how improved my skin was (in terms of dryness. I'm really prone to dryness ie. flaky, tight skin) and she loves it too. I noticed her skin looks more soft these days too. She got a bottle from me in March (I buy a lot to get the free shipping). I should add, she only uses it at night because it can make your skin look shiny/oily even if you use just a bit.

If there's any store near you that carries emu oil, that would definitely be the better option. There are no stores with it where I'm at (Southern California) so I order online.

Guest veganwithacne

Emu's are beautiful birds : ( Use jojoba or sweet almond oil

With all respect for those of you that feel sorry for the Emu, all my research indicates that it is only a bi-product, and they were going to kill the bird for food anyway. I personally feel that we might as well utilize all bird parts especially those that are so so beneficial to us. Sunburns, scars, rashes, aches and pains, acne etc etc.

I had a bad sunburn on my face, applied emu oil that night, it was 75% gonnnne by the next morning, 100% gone by the second morning. It has helped my son countless times, with punctures and scratches.

Thank you God for a bird with so many uses :)