Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

At lunch today, my mate told me she'd started talking to one of her mates at the school canteen. According to her, he'd been thinking that my best friend and I were dating (we're not), and had made the comment that he thought my best friend could do so much better than me. My best mate has dated a few of the other girls in our group, and the boy thought he'd gone from "fine", to "fine" and then to me, which was a really low drop in standards.

Well I didn't react at the time because I didn't want my friends to see how much it affected me, but it's really upset me looking back. It just throws into contrast the fact that my friends are all incredibly attractive, and no matter how good I can feel about myself, nobody else sees it.

It put the cherry on top of an incredibly shitty and upsetting day.

I'm so sorry about that nasty comment. It sounds like the dude is pretty insecure. Don't give up-some day there will be someone who sees you for who you really are! Best of luck!

Well first of all, the guy's an idiot. Seriously. Anyone who would say that about someone is not someone you need to be concerned with. You're better than that. I know it sounds really stupid, but try to remember it's just the way life is--some people will think you're the most gorgeous thing in the world, and others won't. It doesn't make you any less beautiful--it's just what some random guy said.

To be honest, I don't know this "friend" of yours, but I don't really understand why she would tell you that. Whether it was true or not, it's just plain hurtful, and there doesn't seem to be any point in telling you that--especially at lunch when other people were there? I'm sorry but what kind of a friend does that?

I'm sorry you had such a bad day. I hope tomorrow is a much better one.

the boy thought he'd gone from "fine", to "fine" and then to me, which was a really low drop in standards.

What do u mean by that like you use to look good or something? sorry im slow

:naughty: How rudeee...

Just ignoree him!

Hes just being an asshole...

Ignore his stupid comment....

:naughty: How rudeee...

Just ignoree him!

Hes just being an asshole...

Ignore his stupid comment....

Thank you guys, your comments made me feel a lot better. I am slightly confused as to why my mate told me this, considering if the situation had been reversed I wouldn't have said a thing. But she can be a tad slow sometimes when it comes to stuff like this.

And to the person who was confused by my fine comment, I meant the previous girls he had dated he considering attractive, but then went to me, who wasn't to him.

Ah though I miss the good old days when if someone said something shit about you, you could rely on your mates to go and break his nose or something. Oh wait, maybe I'm thinking the gangster era.

:D

Thanks again!