Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How are you all doing/holding up?

I am 17, first started when i was 13. So throughout my teenage life, i have never had clear skin, well except for when i went on accutane and now its back. I feel now at this point that I am "that kid with acne" since all of my friends that i met freshman year haven't seen me any differently. But i sorta die on the inside having to deal with that fact, that i am the only one who knew what i looked like.

But there's no need to pout about it, at least my skin isn't as bad as when i first started out with whiteheads everywhere. Granted, i still have red marks and pimples and a few cysts covering my entire face, i get by. An adage once read, "Crying only achieves soaked socks."

I try to live by that, making sense out of life. But sometimes it can be hard.

Anyone want to throw in there two cents?

mine got bad at the end of freshman year in HS..im a freshman in college now.. dont break out nearly as much anymore, just dealing with red marks and small break out maybe once a week thats usally not a big deal

Glad someone thought about this club because i'm months away from reaching my 4th year.

I'm 20 (21 in a couple of months) and I've had acne since i was 17. The first 2 years weren't too bad since the acne would come and go without even leaving permanent marks. Then my acne went from 3 to 4 little pimples (around my face) weekly, to 5 huge ones on each cheek, still, i wasn't worried.

half a year passed and it finally hit me, the scars in my face, my acne wasn't going away like it had in the past. However, at the time i was already in my second year of college, so all of my high school buddies still remember me from when i had flawless skin (reason why i also avoided them thinking that i would talk to them when my face was back to normal, which didn't happened)

still, this case of moderate to severe acne hunted me for about a year, changing me completely as a human being (for good or bad, i'm still not sure).

Now my acne is half as bad as it was that year, and although it still bothers me, i'm not constantly depressed about it like i was during that time.

now, more than how awful the marks look, what bothers me the most its when i get one of those painful ass pimples that don't even have heads and you have to wait for like 3 days to pop them properly.

that was that, hope i can get a membership to this club.

btw, very nice signature.

peace.

I'm glad you have a positive attitude. I know that can be hard to not only find but keep.

My acne hasn't been a consistent thing in my life. I've had good and bad times...it's probably been 7 years or so since I've had acne in some form or another, whether that means one pimple or twenty.

Anyways, I agree. Acne has done a lot to my personality, but in the positive way. I can honestly say it helped shape me, much like anything else that's a large factor in your life inevitably will. I'm thankful.

I am 17, first started when i was 13. So throughout my teenage life, i have never had clear skin, well except for when i went on accutane and now its back. I feel now at this point that I am "that kid with acne" since all of my friends that i met freshman year haven't seen me any differently. But i sorta die on the inside having to deal with that fact, that i am the only one who knew what i looked like.

But there's no need to pout about it, at least my skin isn't as bad as when i first started out with whiteheads everywhere. Granted, i still have red marks and pimples and a few cysts covering my entire face, i get by. An adage once read, "Crying only achieves soaked socks."

I agree, I feel the same way as you. I went on accutane too, and it came back.

My friends that I met freshman year haven't seen me any differently either, I've always "had acne."

I'm 21 now. My acne started up around sophmore year in high school and lasted until freshman year of college. I honestly don't think any of the topicals I used ever really did that much.. I just grew out of it.

I agree, I feel the same way as you. I went on accutane too, and it came back.

My friends that I met freshman year haven't seen me any differently either, I've always "had acne."

it sucks, doesnt it? having to fight internally and still ultimately losing, cuz u wanna tell them that you are good looking without the acne, but what do they care? they dont want to hear about acne.

.. What about a 10 year club? :shifty:

hopefully it doesnt come to that... :pray:

I'm 21 now. My acne started up around sophmore year in high school and lasted until freshman year of college. I honestly don't think any of the topicals I used ever really did that much.. I just grew out of it.

same here, only tane, sun, and soft water work/ed for me.

i hope my membership for this club expires permanently.

Glad someone thought about this club because i'm months away from reaching my 4th year.

I'm 20 (21 in a couple of months) and I've had acne since i was 17. The first 2 years weren't too bad since the acne would come and go without even leaving permanent marks. Then my acne went from 3 to 4 little pimples (around my face) weekly, to 5 huge ones on each cheek, still, i wasn't worried.

half a year passed and it finally hit me, the scars in my face, my acne wasn't going away like it had in the past. However, at the time i was already in my second year of college, so all of my high school buddies still remember me from when i had flawless skin (reason why i also avoided them thinking that i would talk to them when my face was back to normal, which didn't happened)

still, this case of moderate to severe acne hunted me for about a year, changing me completely as a human being (for good or bad, i'm still not sure).

Now my acne is half as bad as it was that year, and although it still bothers me, i'm not constantly depressed about it like i was during that time.

now, more than how awful the marks look, what bothers me the most its when i get one of those painful ass pimples that don't even have heads and you have to wait for like 3 days to pop them properly.

that was that, hope i can get a membership to this club.

btw, very nice signature.

peace.

membership granted. but i hope we all get to leave this club eventually, forever.

and thanks for your words, really.

Is this a club that requires its members to have had acne for an uninterrupted four years? I've had a pattern where I clear up, and then get acne in the year after. Does that exclude me? I need answers from the club president.

Is this a club that requires its members to have had acne for an uninterrupted four years? I've had a pattern where I clear up, and then get acne in the year after. Does that exclude me? I need answers from the club president.

i suppose you mean me, as prez. i also had clear skin for a brief moment in my 3rd year of acne. you are welcome to enter, to write how you are and how you deal with it.

i suppose you mean me, as prez. i also had clear skin for a brief moment in my 3rd year of acne. you are welcome to enter, to write how you are and how you deal with it.

I hate it. I don't know when acne will come back. There's nothing worse than being left in the dark. In one hand you're so excited about acne leaving, but then you expect it to return. You're always expecting an ambush at the worst time. It's like looking over your shoulder.

I hate it. I don't know when acne will come back. There's nothing worse than being left in the dark. In one hand you're so excited about acne leaving, but then you expect it to return. You're always expecting an ambush at the worst time. It's like looking over your shoulder.

Living life carefree seems to be a fairytale now. :confused: I guess it's best to expect the worst and hope for the best.