Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vindictive

The smell is so terrible

I stopped using Dan's Regimen a while back, but one of the biggest reasons was the extremely terrible smell of the BP and moisturizer. Seriously, you need to do something about this.

I've been using Clean & Clear Acne Control Kit, and it smells like Axe, love it.

The products have the natural fragrance of the ingredients. Dan deliberately doesn't add in any fragrance or perfume since this is often irritating to the skin.

I used Dan's products a while back so I don't know if the formula has changed since then, but I always hated the smell of the cleanser. It smelled exactly like mold or mildew to me.

I don't enjoy the smell of the moisturizer, but I don't notice any smell to the BP and cleanser. That being said, I could never, ever use something that smelled like Axe. That stuff is nasty.

I can't imagine that any facial product that smells like Axe could be good for your skin. Really the scent is a pretty superficial reason NOT to use the products.

I've noticed a certain fragrance to the moisturizer--I've finally identified it as Play-Doh! Doesn't bother me at all, but I thought it smelled familiar. :)

Honestly, I can ignore the smell until it wears off if it's better for my skin's health.

IMO:

Cleanser has "chemical" kind of smell that goes away when rinsing.

BP has no smell.

Moisturiser DOES have a scent/smell, a bit something like almonds or marzipan, and yeah it is simillar to the play-doh! :D The first day it was in my nose all day and even took my appetite. But I got used to it by the second day. And most importantly no one around me complained about it, and I'm working with children, and children are honest. For example I've never met a child who didn't ask me after I while what I have on my skin! :D

Remember that certain scents don't show up to everyone. Some scents are genetics-determined in ability to smell and everyone has different associations for certain scents.

Ages and ages ago there was a scent study in a National Geographics magazine and there were a few scents in there that some people (a very small proportion of the population) were able to smell, and others smelled only the paper itself. Interesting stuff, scents.

i dont notice any smell, although i do notice a slight tangy smelly to the AHA?

agreed. the only one that really smells is the AHA, but doesnt smell too bad

I stopped using Dan's Regimen a while back, but one of the biggest reasons was the extremely terrible smell of the BP and moisturizer. Seriously, you need to do something about this.

I've been using Clean & Clear Acne Control Kit, and it smells like Axe, love it.

Lol Then you most be really weak in smell,The Bp & Moisturizer has very little fragance, I do not mind at all