Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get confidence. True confidence comes from within. You don't need clear skin to be confident people. Seriously, I've experienced this myself, this low confidence depression deal. Well. And to that, I gotta say...guys, go outside.

Force yourself to EVERY social gathering you can possibly go to. Force yourself to smile, force yourself to TALK to a girl. (Or guy) And remember no matter HOW many times you fail...there's another coupla billion people out there...a couple of BILLION chances. This is not a small world. If you never go out, and force all your doubts out of your mind and concentrate on the present...don't ask for confidence, because you aren't taking it.

Confidence is not something anybody else causes. In the end, it's always YOU that feels good about something. It's hard, sure. Granted. Do it step, by step, by step. Find people that YOU feel comfortable around. Develop your own ways of talking to them, and your own way of socializing around them...then gradually step up, and up, and I'm not bullshitting you, the only limit is how far YOU want to go.

You just need to remember, billions of billions of chances to succede out there no matter how old, ugly, stupid you think you are. Don't lose heart at failure, because if you do, you'll loose it so many times that you'll just end up killing yourself. Take failure lightly, and force yourself to get back on your godamn feet, and try your luck elsewhere, with somebody else, or at something else.

Ok? Got that? Good.

Good Advice.. I don't know why were so hard on ourselves, I really doubt I'll ever understand why. I realize we are our worst critic in every way possible. We live in a society, where a "perfect" image is constantly portrayed on TV.. It's so depressing when one minute you think your making great progress then you turn on the Tube, and take a look at all the perfect faces on TV.. (yes, I know alot of it is makeup), but it does have it's effect on ones self-esteem..

*Sigh* I don't know how the rest of you feel, but are you in constant flux? Like.. this morning I felt awesome, then I happen to glance at myself in a mirror, and catch all the bumps on the side of my face and on my forehead.. which have been there for it seems like several months.. combined with a pale complexion which makes EVERYTHING stand out.. then it brings me down again.. At least if I was a woman (lol.. no i'm not saying i would want to be.. rofl) you can put on makeup to cover it up.

Also everytime for the past 2 weeks, if I get depressed and down, i'll start booking a ticket to go to the other end of the country.. you might have seen another post I made.. But then.. the next day i'll cancel it.. because I feel like i'm getting better.. WHYYYYYY omg..

It's such a vicious circle..

Again to the poster I see where your coming from, it's positive reads like that which give encouragement and hope. I always look forward to the days I had back in high school when I had clear skin.. it put a smile on my face, and I can't wait until that day, the last 4 years, I swear.. my skin has been on my mind 98% of the time.. and i'm absolutely positive, it's had a toll mentally on me.. and physically. I'm going back to university in the fall, a brand new city.. I'm hoping things will work out great there, I can't wait... tongue.gif

I'm not trying to say anybody has a worse case then others, but I'm sure if I got acne when i was younger, like say 15-16, I could have "adapted" to it through high school,but getting it when you hit your peak at 18-19.. just.. i dunno it's so hard to describe.. anyways thanks again!

Take Care.

Guest Brandon

Is stress a major factor in acne? Because I hadn't had more then two pimples from mid February until a week ago or so, when things got very stressful and depressing for me. ](*,) Then I broke out, and I didn't change my regimen at all...

Is stress a major factor in acne? Because I hadn't had more then two pimples from mid February until a week ago or so, when things got very stressful and depressing for me.  ](*,)  Then I broke out, and I didn't change my regimen at all...

*Sigh* I don't know how the rest of you feel, but are you in constant flux? Like.. this morning I felt awesome, then I happen to glance at myself in a mirror, and catch all the bumps on the side of my face and on my forehead.. which have been there for it seems like several months.. combined with a pale complexion which makes EVERYTHING stand out.. then it brings me down again.. At least if I was a woman (lol.. no i'm not saying i would want to be.. rofl) you can put on makeup to cover it up.

Yup I get that alot, can wake up fine, some times get to collage fine, end of collage and ill just get so depressed i'll just do bugger all other than think about life sad.gif

Now and then ill go through a phase where i just stop trying to help my acne as well, amazingly it normally gets better for a while to, no idea why.

Yea, I think so. For me, finals = major breakouts. Hell's week is when I get no sleep and stress like crazy....thank goodness for hoods and caps...

They say stress isn't.. but I have my doubts BUT, I think when your stressed out, you tend to make things out worse then they really are. Just my .02 cents..

Seriously, people, you amplify your own acne, or outpoints...so much more than even the most self centered egotistical person out there. If you still feel bad, then pick out what you like about yourself and develop that till you build confidence regarding that. Then move on, till eventually you work on things which are easier to handle. Get a good haircut, get awesome clothes. Style makes a biiiig difference in the 'dating' world.

It's the heat from the sun and potato chips that seems to gives me acne so I wear a cap always when I go out and I don't eat that anymore.
Seriously, people, you amplify your own acne, or outpoints...so much more than even the most self centered egotistical person out there. If you still feel bad, then pick out what you like about yourself and develop that till you build confidence regarding that. Then move on, till eventually you work on things which are easier to handle. Get a good haircut, get awesome clothes. Style makes a biiiig difference in the 'dating' world.

...no, I'm saying improve what you can easily. Acne can be defeated, I know. It's not a nemesis that can never be overcome, no matter how bad it is.

I am saying, work on improving yourself, little by little, anything you can. Stop some bad habits, go work out, get new hobbie, buy a car anything that will make you better, or happier than before.

I'm saying this because alot of you are waiting till you clear up to have fun. Don't do that. I'm sure you can have fun alone, or with friends. Do stuff you like, keep yourself occupied.

And Kayli, please, you're not really making sense, I know it's easier said than done, but it doesn't MEAN you can do it! It's easy to have fun, if you really put your mind off your skin. You just go out, and have fun. Skin isn't a requirment.

And if you really want a girlfriend (or boyfriend) then you can get one. I have seen plenty of guys out there with realllly bad skin, that did EXACTLY what I tell you to. They developed thier style, took up hobbies like playing guitar, whatever, they just overlooked thier skin. And now, they've got row after row of girls.

Sure you might say that's just 'them' but if you try, you can make it, really.

Guest Brandon

I get what you're saying, and it's exactly what I'm trying to do. Look at the glass as half full, rather then half empty...but like Kayli said it IS easier said then done. Let's say you're going along with trying to change things, and you're no longer waiting for your acne to clear before you live life, and you're slightly happier...then suddenly you get a breakout and it can all come crashing down. Most people's emotions are very fragile because of acne.

For me, I'm just saying, "fuck it". I'm trying hard to get clear and sitting on life and it's going on 7 months now. So, I'm just going to remain on my strict anti-acne regimen and press hard to get clear, but have fun with life in the process. Acne sucks, but it's not going to cripple my progress with girls, happiness and what not anymore. I'm sick of it and I'm changing for the better. It's all because of a girl named, Nora...

That's good man. I know I know, it's really pretty hard sometimes, but you need to take it step by little tiny step, until you gradually improve little things in your life. They will add up, and generally make you happier. Accomplish stuff, paint a picture, run a mile, who knows, you'll feel better and more able to do things.

...no, I'm saying improve what you can easily. Acne can be defeated, I know. It's not a nemesis that can never be overcome, no matter how bad it is.  

I am saying, work on improving yourself, little by little, anything you can. Stop some bad habits, go work out, get new hobbie, buy a car anything that will make you better, or happier than before.  

I'm saying this because alot of you are waiting till you clear up to have fun. Don't do that. I'm sure you can have fun alone, or with friends. Do stuff you like, keep yourself occupied.  

And Kayli, please, you're not really making sense, I know it's easier said than done, but it doesn't MEAN you can do it! It's easy to have fun, if you really put your mind off your skin. You just go out, and have fun. Skin isn't a requirment.

And if you really want a girlfriend (or boyfriend) then you can get one. I have seen plenty of guys out there with realllly bad skin, that did EXACTLY what I tell you to. They developed thier style, took up hobbies like playing guitar, whatever, they just overlooked thier skin. And now, they've got row after row of girls.

Sure you might say that's just 'them' but if you try, you can make it, really.

Guest Brandon

You think just because a guy can accept the fact a girl has acne, that he is lowering his standards just to get laid? I hope that's not what you implied, because otherwise you're pretty lame. Or perhaps you're just scorned. I wouldn't be targeting a girl with acne because I believe she'd be easier to hook up with since she'll have a low self esteem or something. I'm looking at the girl as a person, not a face. If I go out to look for a girl to meet, I'm not looking at the face like "Oh she has acne, she has to be easy because she can't get too many guys". I would look at her style for similarities of my own.

I can accept a girl with acne as being beautiful. A few blemishes won't change her image to me if she's sweet, cute, funny, smart etc. and I like her. Looks don't mean too much in a relationship.

You think just because a guy can accept the fact a girl has acne, that he is lowering his standards just to get laid? I hope that's not what you implied, because otherwise you're pretty lame. Or perhaps you're just scorned. I wouldn't be targeting a girl with acne because I believe she'd be easier to hook up with since she'll have a low self esteem or something. I'm looking at the girl as a person, not a face. If I go out to look for a girl to meet, I'm not looking at the face like \"Oh she has acne, she has to be easy because she can't get too many guys\". I would look at her style for similarities of my own.

I can accept a girl with acne as being beautiful. A few blemishes won't change her image to me if she's sweet, cute, funny, smart etc. and I like her. Looks don't mean too much in a relationship.

Yea, you got the ticket IQ. Think of acne as a, hmm, cucoon. (Sorry bout that spelling) You're building up eeevverrything you can, while you're getting rid of that one thing you hate, acne. Just focus on everything else, and exel. And once you get rid of your acne, you have clear skin...and all of the other stuff you built up with time.

Does that sound good?