Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SillyDevil

Any good moiturizer that wont make you red ?

Like my title states, does anyone know of a good moisturizer that doesn't make you red ?

Right now I use the Cetaphil moisturizer, it does a fantastic job but the problem is that it makes me red like a tomato ! I apply it every morning right after my shower and BAM instant red, I have been using it for a month now but it seems to get worse now so I have bought some fish oil pill to help but could anyone refer me to a moisturizer.

Hi SillyDevil, I too have the same problem. My advice would be, firstly, does your face really need a moisturiser? Sometimes giving your face something it doesnt need can cause problems, I never moisturise, unless the days when im dry and absolutly need it.

There is a facewash called Simple, Kind To Skin Moisturising Face Wash, its the number one UK facial wash brand, I highly recommend it, it feels great...

Anything else just PM me, im quite expirienced in this subject.

(:

Hi SillyDevil, I too have the same problem. My advice would be, firstly, does your face really need a moisturiser? Sometimes giving your face something it doesnt need can cause problems, I never moisturise, unless the days when im dry and absolutly need it.

There is a facewash called Simple, Kind To Skin Moisturising Face Wash, its the number one UK facial wash brand, I highly recommend it, it feels great...

Anything else just PM me, im quite experienced in this subject.

(:

lol yes I absolutely need it.. I have been on accutane for 1 1/4 months now (80mg a day)

and because the dosage is high, the side effects are very high ^.^ I had very bad acne, every morning I would wake up with new pimple but now I hardly have any acne or blackheads, I am all clear except for a few red scars which take forever to go away but to get back to my point, yes I need to moisturize every morning or else my skin peels right off and flakes, but my Cetaphil is making me excessively red, so I have to use a bit of make up to hide my redness not my acne.

I'm not sure if what you use is really what I'm looking for (something that keeps me moisturized all day) but I will see if they sell it here (Canada) and if they do I will look into it =)

Ah, yeah Accutane can be a bit of a hassle, peeling lips, dry skin, sore eyes etc.

Ive heard this moisturizer works a charm:

Correcting Moisturizer SPF 15

It may be a little high priced, but your only intended to use a small amount each day, it moisturises highly and reduces redness at the same time, dont think you can go wrong there!

So have a look, see if its possible to order Simple and if not id go for this... Hope I helped in some way!

(:

Alrighty, Thanks a lot guys, I will try and see if I can find Correcting Moisturizer SPF 15 and try it later tonight, I don't want a surprise tomorrow morning...

Thank you so much for the advices, I will give some feedback later tonight or tomorrow