Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyaawhatsupp

days of missed antibiotics

ive been taking solodyn since november everyday.

however, i ran out of my bottle wednesday, and havent taken any since then ):

my mom wont pick up my refills, i dont think she understands how important my skin is to me.

am i going to experience another breakout?

ive been taking solodyn since november everyday.

however, i ran out of my bottle wednesday, and havent taken any since then ):

my mom wont pick up my refills, i dont think she understands how important my skin is to me.

am i going to experience another breakout?

:shock:

You've been on antibiotics from 3 months now?!

That's too bad for your body at the long term. Antibiotics don't only destroy acne bacteria but intestinal flora, and that's really not good for your stomach...

Based on my experience and other around me, once you stop taking antibiotics, acne come back few months later or even one or two years :(

My advise is for you to stop them, the have very bad side effects on the long term.

How bad is your acne?

i have mild acne, lots of blackheads and some whiteheads.

my derms keeping me on them for two more months):

i try to drink kombucha tea daily to save some of the good bacteria thats being killed off.

hmm... if your acne is mild, maybe is good to keep away from antibiotics :) Try natural healing therapies...

How long doctor prescribed the antibiotics?

im prescribed them until april, and then im supposed to take them maybe twice a week, and then once a week, and then once a month, and so on, until i can be completely off of antibiotics, hopefully for good

hmmm, Well, if you don't have side effects, then continue until april. But the problem with antibiotics is your body develops resistance to it

That's true !

I've suffered with antibiotics, even if theywere effective in the short term, for me it doesn't worth it..... finish your pack and consider giving them up :S

:clap:

Courage! and be patient :)

By the way, as a natural way to give your skin "maintenance" try the Phillips infrared light lamp (Amazon),

Is doing wonders on my bad acne!

I don't know exactly, mine are improved very slowly... but I have very bad red scars :(

checkout www.spatabulous.com, their system is cheap and interesting, you should give it a try.

wow i know exactly how you feel i came on here for this question. I have been using solodyn, also The problem with solodyn is that i have not been using it for two weeks because my prescription ran out and my step dad took forever and finally got another prescription. I have been only using it for one month, and when i stopped using it already two small pimples formed. I know your suppose to use it for three months, but do the two weeks that i have not been using it discredit the month that i have been using it? so is it as if i have not been using solodyn because of the two weeks i missed??