Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timu24

How do I finish this acne off?

Well first I would like to thank Dan for this website. There is a wealth of information on here, and I am truly grateful.

I am a 21 year old guy and have had acne on my face for about 3-4 years. About one year ago I started using Dan's regimen and it really helped reduce my moderate acne to mild acne. I am very grateful for that. =) However for the past few months I feel like I am stuck. Here is a picture of me. I actually look pretty clear in this photo but basically my face is a little red around the cheeks and there are little red bumps as well (more than you can see in the picture).

my.php?image=cimg3275.jpg

Here is my current routine:

Wake up and take a shower.

Use Dan's cleanser all over my face.

Then I shave in the shower using the cleanser as the shaving cream.

After that I apply small amount of Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide to the areas that I normally get acne. I don't apply too much otherwise my skin gets pretty flaky and sheds.

That's what I do right now. I know I should probably be using Dan's moisturizer but it just made my skin look too oily. My skin gets pretty oily by the end of the day so I really don't want to add extra oil to it. My skin gets pretty red and little red bumps appear after getting out of the shower.

Another problem I notice is that get small whiteheads start almost weekly. They never amount to much because I shave and I think that is removing them. However, I think shaving might be causing those little red bumps.

I decided to go 2 weeks without shaving. At first I noticed a little improvement. However things eventually went back to normal. When I finally did shave again my acne came back worse that it has in the recent past. It has taken me about 2 weeks to be back to where I started.

So I just wanted to know what people would recommend to finish this acne off. I am considering going to a dermatologist because I also have some back and butt acne as well, but it would be nice to get some suggestions as well.

Thanks for reading,

Tim