Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cubos

Best laser treatment for red marks?

i have red marks on my face that are almost 5 years old. Granted they are a lot fainter than they used to be, but on the odd occasion when I do get a spot, the red mark resides for a long long time.

I went to one of the SK:N clinics in the UK, and they recommended a tca peel, but then from a further interview they determined that my skin is too thin, which is shit as I was really geared up for the peel after reading such positive results on here and elsewhere online.

Anyway, they want me to try N-Lite at one of their other clinics, but as it's not active acne i'm really trying to fight here which is what i've read it's primarily for, i'm not sold as it's meant to be a very expensive process.

I've also read some pretty crap reviews for N-Lite as a method for removing marks, which is my primary aim. So I was wondering if there were any particular laser treatments that anyone found particularly effective on red marks?

Thanks.

N-lite should actually be quite good for what your looking for.... It should help improve general skin tone and elesticity. It should also remove the vascular structure of your red marks, which obviously if after 5 years are probably dilated cappilaries. The n lite should target these pretty effectively AT the right setting.

I would def. recommend trying the V-beam laser treatments. I have had 3 treatments for my red marks from acne scars and it has completely reduced then to where I can barely seem any scar left! It takes a couple treatments and results are individualized, but I have had excellent results

I'm facing the same problem, but I'm interested in handheld lamps. I have only read about ANSR, but I would like more to hear more options.

I would def. recommend trying the V-beam laser treatments. I have had 3 treatments for my red marks from acne scars and it has completely reduced then to where I can barely seem any scar left! It takes a couple treatments and results are individualized, but I have had excellent results

Yep. I've had two V-beam treatments and the redness of my scarring has reduced quite a bit, as well. I'm going to get more treatments for sure. :)

ah thanks a lot for that.

I've just booked my latest consultation for 11.30 on sunday so we'll see how that goes!

What kind of results did you see after the first treatment and did you have much redness as a result of the beam for a few days?

Fuck me I'm going for my first consultation and it's going to cost me £175!

For a 15 minute consultation! What a piss take.

Ah well, the price we pay and all that.