Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone I went to the Derm on the 16th (Monday) and he also gave me Epiduo with a prescription of Doxy 75mg once a day. When I got home I quickly went online and started reading posts on how horrible the IB is when using retinoids so I tossed it in drawer with no intent in using it. I didn’t know that Epiduo was a new topical. I didn’t think it was any different than any other retinoid topical. Has anyone had any luck with this stuff? Should I start using it?

Me too I just put my first application. It didn’t burn or anything it just feels kinda tight and no redness (so far). I’m only doing a strip on each side of my cheeks, for now. Keep me posted, I will do the same.

Oh and as for layering BP with Differin....I’m not sure about that. You might want to ask you derm before doing that. Or maybe do a test spot, like on your chest or back or maybe even a very small spot on your face (like forehead/hairline) let us know.

I just started usin it today! It wasnt to irritating on my face just made me a lil red. hopefully it works out. im usin it along with Aczone.

Whats Aczone??

I just started usin it today! It wasnt to irritating on my face just made me a lil red. hopefully it works out. im usin it along with Aczone.

Whats Aczone??

It just came out December 08 and supposedly its really really really good for inflamed acne. Theres one post on here where this guy had some pretty crazy results for only like 2 weeks of using it. Go to Aczone.com cause they have a free sample coupon for it if you go to the derm and ask for it! so far its pretty bomb. im on day 2 of usin it.

Aczone doesnt burn much either.

layering the differin is working well thus far, I asked my doctor, who I know more about current acne meds than he does apparently ugh kaiser, and he said go for it... since I'm use to differin now, there isn't much irritation, plus I could skip a night if the benzoyl peroxide starting drying out my face... My face is clear, although I have trouble with hyperpigmentation so it doesn't exactly look that way (and I dislike makeup) so I'm pretty happy with the results

My derm also prescribed Epiduo for me along with Clindagel. I have been using both for just under two weeks now with no redness and no burning/drying and I have slightly sensitive skin to boot! If your derm prescribed it for you, then you should at least try to use it following strict instructions. You should only apply this at night before bed and this is important because your body's temperature and pH changes overnight and creates a better environment for this to work. Also, this medication can be tough on sensitive skin and applying it during the day can increase sensitivity because of sun exposure. Even if you apply a sunscreen (which you definitely should) the sunscreen itself applied over the Epiduo can incresase sensitivity and can cause the burning feeling a lot of people are complaining about. Make sure you wash your face with a GENTLE face cleanser. A lot of people think scrubbing and harsh cleansers will "really get the bacteria out of the pimples", but that is so far from the truth. It only irritates the skin further. Try to avoid anything with alcohol in it (like "blackhead clearing" toners) as well. These will only make your skin really dry and do nothing for acne. If your skin does tend to get dry, it is okay to moisturize. Just make sure the lotion says "non-comedogenic" on the bottle. Lastly, remember this is a prescription medication for a reason! Only apply a SMALL, PEA SIZE AMOUNT to your face no matter how much skin surface is affected. LESS is more - MORE is just more irritating, not more effective! Lastly, sometimes you have to experiment with different topical med's or oral antibiotics to really clear up your acne. Work with your Dr. to continue to find the best remedy.

I have been using epiduo while taking Monodox pills for about a month now. I can COMPLETELY relate to those who are experiencing painful burning. For the first two weeks of using it, i thought there was something terribly wrong with the medication. You really just have to get through those first two weeks and then the pain, redness, and puffiness will go away.

My skin is still very dry, and im not really sure what to think about my acne. At first it seemed like it was getting better, but now its back to where it was, if not worse. im hoping this is supposed to happen, and then it will all go away? i feel like since i've been using it for a month, it be visibly working, though it hasnt.

I'm on my 3rd week now and I THINK it's starting to clear...

But it's still burning when I apply it.

My cheeks are almost clear, only on my chin I have 3 whiteheads

My face is also less oily

Hi guys,

Well lately I was prescribed Epiduo for some acne near my jaw line. I've been using it for 3 weeks now and absolutely nothing... No burning sensation, and no results.. I was told to use it only once a day but after no results I uped the dosage to twice a day... still no burning. Personally its more of a lotion then anything, and I'm unbelievably frustrated. I hope anyone else who uses it has better results.

good day,

I have treating acne for a while...I will tell you what i have tried...proactive -good for pimples but bad for sensitive skin and redness. but it works 87% i would say, then Acnefree- good for pimples -especially the redness treatment...really good but it cause bumps that itch undermyskin. so i finally went to the dermatologist- epiduo with a 2week supply of antibiotics( I saw the pamphlet and I think this is new and we are the Ginni pigs. but regardless, i tried it. I am on my 1.1/2 wekk. I started the 3/11/09. it does not burn your skin. It does however cause my skin to appear a bit that is going to break out. it is normal according to the pamphlet and website. i have few small red pimples but go away quickly so i have no problem with that. overall, it has clear my skin... the only problem i am having is the white bumps that i had from previous time has gone red and is attempting to come out but is huge(and you know that there are like 3 to 5 pimples together) it is sooo embarrassing. i had put some mask from proactive( i was so frustrated) one time. right now i will leave it alone i hope by this weekend it becomes white head and I will pop it or something, I have a lot of stress and a presentation on monday, it is so embarrassing to go like this. well I would let you know how it goes. Finally I want to say that I feel sometimes that people on this board are advertisers for some acne company because they are afraid of naming other brands and do not admit of the mix and match. and only stated their product works. I wish we could stop that. For example I had also try neutrogina. It does not work for ME!. I have try purity soap -good soap but does not cure acne!. Proactive kept me good but is not the best. Acne free anti redness or sensitve skin was good(irritated a bit) and redness had this bumps underneath - i read that it was the reaction to benzoid, but is weird bc i always used benzoid..but it could be different breakdown of it in this medication. Anyway another thing I advice is that I will go to store and by vitamin b5 and zync today .. *moderator edit* I live in Miami so I am open about about the thrut and what works. thanks.

Hi guys,

Well lately I was prescribed Epiduo for some acne near my jaw line. I've been using it for 3 weeks now and absolutely nothing... No burning sensation, and no results.. I was told to use it only once a day but after no results I uped the dosage to twice a day... still no burning. Personally its more of a lotion then anything, and I'm unbelievably frustrated. I hope anyone else who uses it has better results.

Hello all,

I posted a similar message on another thread about Epiduo, but figured I would join in the conversation here, too!

I started using Epiduo three weeks ago and also started taking 500 mg of tetracycline every day and washing my face with Glytone, as recommended by my dermatologist. So far, I'm not seeing any results, and I have even had new cystic acne on my chin. Also, my skin is really dry and flaky on my chin. Maybe I should start using a wash that is not as strong as Glytone? What moisturizers, if any of you Epiduo users use any, would you recommend? I tried Neutrogena's, but it made me break out more.

Thanks so much!

Hey everyone,

Quick question- do you think it would be detrimental to the skin to use both ProActive and Epiduo at the same time (perhaps Proactive in the morning and then Epiduo at night)? Let me know if anyone else has been using multiple products at the same time and getting good results.. Thanks!

:question::question: I've been using Epiduo for about a little under 6 weeks now. I've noticed INCREDIBLE results. Although I was wondering if anybody has any ideas for getting rid of left over spots? :question:

i went to the dermo for the first time today and was perscribed this. he said it was the best product on the market, so i hope it works. i have mild-moderate acne on my forehead and my mouth (ew! such a bad place to get pimples..) He said it would take a while to work, i may experience redness dryness etc but moisturizer should help. Interestingly, he said it wouldn't make my acne worse at first like all the other posts on here say.

I have never noticed my skin being sensitive, so hopefully it won't be too bad. I really, really hope this works, have have tried every over the counter product under the sun and have finally given up and gone to the dermo. i'll update once i've used it for a few weeks.

fingers crossed..

Yeah my derm perscribed me the Epiduo cream- after two days of using it, i broke out soo bad around my jawline. Like no joke at least 10 cysts on each side. I was a mess. But I do use it on the bumps and they have gone away. The IB was the worst thou.

epiduo has actually done wonders for my face. within the first week of using it, all of my acne went away and my skin was really smooth. i've been using it for 1.5 months now, and my face is still very clear. only thing is is that i have scars from past acne, but htey've been clearing up slowly since i started using epiduo. it never really irratated my skin either. the only times i've gotten pimples is when i had my period, but even then, after applying the gel at night, teh pimples were almost gone the next morning. :)

i use epiduo once every night befor i go to bed. It hasnt made me clear yet but defintly a HUGE improvement. I have pretty sensitive skin and i would get all flakey but my skin is almost completely adjusted. my sis also has acne and tried it and it hasnt worked very well for her so really it works for some and not for others but i defintly reccomend trying it.

Ive been using Epiduo for 2 months now.. along with Solodyn, Yaz, and a vitamin named Zinc. Epiduo has made my face EXTREMLEY dry. i only have acne on my chin and its worse then ever. I really have no idea why its so bad since im already well into all my meds and Epiduo. Hopefully everything will clear up, but the dryness is making it really hard to apply make up since it likes to flake off. I don't think i really recommened Epiduo but hey, it might work for you.

epiduo has actually done wonders for my face. within the first week of using it, all of my acne went away and my skin was really smooth. i've been using it for 1.5 months now, and my face is still very clear. only thing is is that i have scars from past acne, but htey've been clearing up slowly since i started using epiduo. it never really irratated my skin either. the only times i've gotten pimples is when i had my period, but even then, after applying the gel at night, teh pimples were almost gone the next morning. :)

I'm glad Epiduo is working so well for you. Thats the kind of results I'm hoping for!

hey i was prescribed epiduo roughly 6 months ago. when i was prescribed with this medication i had a regular sized pimples around my face, just a few. so i went to the derm and he gave me epiduo. now ive been useing it everyday, only a pea size every night and it has certainly cleared up my pimples BUT it also gave me a bunch of these small itty bitty bumps on my forehead, the side of my cheeks and temple.i think this was partly because of the "Initial breakout" the gel was suppose to give you. my face now is clear of pimples but i do have scars and a bunch of those small tiny bumps all over my face. i think their blackheads but there really hard to get rid of, even if i picked at them. overall: if i knew my face was gonna end up like this, i wish i never started useing epiduo and went straight for a Very low dose of accutane which i am on now because my face produces ALOT of oil for some strange reason. now that im on accutane i just wash my face twice a day(one in the morning, and night just before bed) instead of three times a day, which still made my face feel a little bit oily.

:question::question: I've been using Epiduo for about a little under 6 weeks now. I've noticed INCREDIBLE results. Although I was wondering if anybody has any ideas for getting rid of left over spots? :question:

was wondering how long before it started getting better...

Ive been using Epiduo at night along with sulfacetamide during the day. This stuff is wonderful! A little background....

acne sufferer for the past 10 years ..it all started when i got pregnant! Ive tried it all from drug store products to infomercial stuff. nothing worked. when i started this new product my face cleared in a matter of 2 days. i havent had one single breakout in 2 months