Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MisterDreamWeaver

My theory on dieting and acne.

I think dieting has almost nothing to do with acne. After being on a strict diet for 8 months I noticed absolutely NO IMPROVEMENT.

I've noticed while consuming foods I tend to get them on my face and smear them with my hands which could definantly aggravate the acne. I also noticed while consuming hot and steaming foods, the steam attaches to my face. Once again, this could aggravate the acne. Perhaps direct contact of things like hydrogenated oil (present in things like chinese foods, french fries ect) to the face can aggravate acne.

If you don't clean out your body from the long term gunk that has built up, then it's possible that no amount of good diet will clean it up. At least, not as quickly.

Analogy to a car: All the buildup of filth will stay in the car forever, so no matter how much supreme gasoline you put in, your car is still not gonna run efficiently. How many people out there love their cars and go for tune-ups and oil changes and engine overhauls? Lots! How many people out there love their bodies as much? :-k I'd say that people are more interested in the superficial, exterior aspect rather than the inside.

I just finished my 3rd liver flush, and my skin is the best it's ever been in years!!! NO MORE BP FOR ME! BOOAH! user posted image

Ok JC, hope you can hear this. First of all i want to say that i believe that food is a factor in acne, (and a lot of other "diseases"). But is it an important factor??? Maybe you're right. I'll give it a try and drink lots of lemon juice, and i wont eat dairy.

But you have to admit that the main problems of acne are hormones (why else does almost everyone i his teens have acne????) and bacteria (the bp gel works moderately good against new zits and acne, but its horrible for the red marks).

Greets

Food is the cause of everything..acne, cancer, everything. Food alters hormones in your body..and the hormone changes causes acne. So maybe food doesn't cause it directly, but indirectly.

JC, what kind of liver flush are you doing?

Food is the cause of everything..acne, cancer, everything.  Food alters hormones in your body..and the hormone changes causes acne.  So maybe food doesn't cause it directly, but indirectly.

Oops JC..I just PMed you about the flush. Just ignore it. biggrin.gif

I've done a flush a few times. I kinda made it up. 3 days of organic prune juice..3 times per day. I don't even know if it's the right thing to do..I just made it up. biggrin.gif

^What, you just made it up out of the blue? lol... That's pretty tough!

How many have you done so far? Any improvements yet?

Well, it's just prune juice..so I didn't really make anything up. smile.gif I've only done like..three. I just feel cleansed..and light. It's hard to explain. But I do a lot of fasts..and I perfer that. Cuz prune juice is..well..gross! biggrin.gif I do it often..so I don't really see any changes/improvements. I don't really have acne though..just redness and uneven skin tone.

You're cleanse seems really complicated. I'm kinda confused. Fasting is much less complicated. biggrin.gif

I'm really getting into holistic and natural health. You seem to know a lot on the subject. I hope you don't mind me stalking you around the message board. HAHA.

You're cleanse seems really complicated.  I'm kinda confused.  Fasting is much less complicated.   biggrin.gif

Hmm..so fasting doesn't flush your system? Shoot..what can I do then? There's gotta be an easier way. :-s

It flushes it a little and is a good start to a cleaner liver and reducing toxins. A real flush is hard core and pretty involved. I'm not ready for it yet but I'm excited by the research on it. I'm still trying to figure out how to fast safely.

Water fast? So if you do nothing for a day except drink water, that would be considered a water fast? Or is there more to it?

Water fast? So if you do nothing for a day except drink water, that would be considered a water fast? Or is there more to it?

Thx for the reply JC. You seem to have done your research , =D> . But you're right: I AM thinking about it, otherwise I wouldn't have done the post in the first place. Ok, the liver is an important organ, we all agree on that. But a lot of people don't do anything special for their liver and it they don't have any problem with it during their whole life. This makes me think that the "liver-flush"-system is a bit harsh and unneccesary. Has there been any real, fundamental research done on this???? Is it really healthy???? Or is it just a thing what some people have done by trial and error and they believe its good for them? :-k

You see, i still have a lot of questions. But i'm gonna work on my acne from 2 sides: the inside and the outside. I've been drinking Lemon Juice now for 2 days, i've bought garlic today (LOL, this was really strange, the other people must have tougth i was a freak or something, by just bying garlic and lemons.) and i'm gonna cut of the milk too. Nothing really dramatic, but its a start. Any suggestions??? For the rest I'm doing Dan's regimen too.

Hope this helps. I am determined to do a lot to get rid of my acne (and my RED MARKS sad.gif ).

Thx for your information by the way JC,

I've read a lot of your topics already, and it has helped me,

:-k , I think . smile.gif

Yep!!! That's a water fast! Some people have gone as high as 40 days on a water fast. Mind you, it's really only for people with serious illnesses who need to do a major cleaning of your body. Youngen's need not apply.

Interesting, i wonder if it's better to eat everything in one sitting rather than in individual periods throughout the day? :-k

Perhaps i'll try having a Super Dinlunchfast each day for a few days, and nothing else. :-k

I'm going to drop some of my own insight and knowledge. Concerning the water fast... A water fast is not recommended. A water fast is harsh and demanding on the body, especially with all the toxins that we accumulate in our type of society. Pollutants and chemicals are released into elimination channels too rapidly during a water fast. Your body is essentially "re-poisoned" as the chemicals move through the bloodstream all at once, and the physical and emotional stress of a water fast overrides the healing effects. A for the liver flush, and how most people don't have a problem with it most of their lives. Well, just because they don't have acne, doesn't mean they don't have a problem with their liver. Many people have other things that manifest because of a toxic and/or congest liver including unexplained fatigue, food and chemical sensitivites, allergies, anemia, and especially depression. Unfortunately, lots of people just don't realize this and just go to a doctor and try to treat the symptoms without treating the real underlying cause. And as for eating meals, its better to eat your three meals a day with 2-3 small healthy snacks in between. Do not overeat in any of your meals because overeatting put stress on the liver. Not only that, don't eat when you are stressed, angry, upset, etc. Your liver is a very emotional organ. If you are having these types of feelings, its better to skip that meal altogether. And lunch should also be the largest meal. Breakfast as being the most important meal of the day is not so accurate. People usually hear this and overeat during breakfast. This is bad because instead of providing some food for energy to start the day, your body is working and using energy to digest large amounts of food and basically drains you of valuable energy and weighs you down. One more tip, do not eat after 9pm, and hit the sack anywhere between 10-11pm, as liver to perform its most important functions, especially its detox functions between 11-2am. If you don't do anything, this is the single most important part. Going to sleep and getting proper rest at this crucial time. Sorry this post was so long, just thought I throw in the knowledge I have.

Has there been any real, fundamental research done on this???? Is it really healthy???

A water fast is harsh and demanding on the body, especially with all the toxins that we accumulate in our type of society.

Ok JC, hope you can hear this.

Hey Torbo...of course I hear ya. Thanks for your insight.

First of all i want to say that i believe that food is a factor in acne, (and a lot of other "diseases"). But is it an important factor???

People in this world need to open their eyes. and REALLY open them. You have to look at the deep, big picture. It's not just about chocolate. No no no. It's not just about food. No no no. It's not just about diet. No no no. It's a LOT of things combined. For example, look at heart disease. There isn't just one attributable factor. There's smoking, health, coronary problems, stress.......lots! Same thing with acne. People believe that they do one simple thing and it'll clear up. No...you need to do LOTS of things.

But you have to admit that the main problems of acne are hormones (why else does almost everyone i his teens have acne????)

You're absolutely right!!! It does have to do with hormones! But first, ask yourself this. Can you tell me right now, what it is in your body that regulates these hormones? Maybe you know, but I guarantee that a lot of people out there don't. Acne suffers just hear the word, "hormones", then they roll their eyes (:roll:) and say that it can't be fixed. "Oh it's hormones! Crap. I'm screwed". But it's not like that. Much of it has to do with your Liver. Did you know that your Liver regulates hormones? Do you know how healthy and efficient your Liver is right now? Sure you may be young, but nobody really knows.

A liver takes years to congest. Some even sooner. Saturated animal fats, refined sugars, processed foods...all staples of the Western Diet. You can easily live a fun and fruitful life with a congested liver. But you could be healthier otherwise. In addition, toxins in the bowels leak into the lymphs, which use skin as an escape route. You know that skin is the largest organ in our body right? It's responsible for expelling 1/4 of our toxins! Say hello to acne. Does this effect everyone? Of course not. Everyone has different levels of skin sensitivity (receptors).

Have you made it this far? I hope you have. Either you think I'm crazy, lying, or just mad! Maybe all three. I don't have anything to gain from telling you this. lol. The only thing I ask of you, Torbo, is that you really think about what I'm telling you here. Don't accept it, but think about it. When you're out with, say...three of your friends. What's really different about the three of you (on in the inside)? What sets you, physiologically apart from your friends? A really big factor that virtually nobody thinks about is: Blood Type. Type A, AB, B, O... It has a lot to do with what some people can and cannot eat. For example, carrot juice is good for you right? But it actually makes one of these blood types lethargic. Still with me?

I usually don't like to preach so much but I really want people to learn and understand. Don't just blindly listen to hearsay. I just finished my 3rd liver cleanse, and do you know what? I'm now able to go off Benzoyl Peroxide. I have been for the last 9 days now. My skin is the best it's ever been. Many other members can attribute to this. I followed their footsteps and am SO happy about it.

How many people here can say that?

To break it down: Toxins --> Bad skin. Get rid of toxins --> better skin. Keep a healthy diet, and keep the toxins down. There's more to it than that, but I hope you get the picture. I'm not sure if it'll work for everyone. Heck, I'm not even sure if it worked for me! :D But something miraculous has happened in the last week. :)

Hi JC

I read your post and it makes a lot of sense. Could you please recommend a good Liver flush that i could get.

I want to try it ASAP

Also i am currently using Antibiotics called Doxycillin, does this matter ?

Cheers

I hear a lot about these liver flushes and how 'toxins in your body escape through your skin'.

If someone were to read about the research done on acne, they would know that pimples are not toxins escaping through your skin. Rather, they are made of oil and dead bacteria. The oil is produced in every hair follicle on your body.

If toxins really did escape through the skin, and not through feces and urine, people would have pimples all over their body--in every hair follicle.

If one's liver toxicity was so high that their skin began to excrete pus, they would not be worried about their appearance as they would be dead.

Studies have shown that, for the average person, one's diet has no correlation to oil production.

There is no way diet can have an effect on acne, because acne is a bacteria foreign to the human body. Nothing the body does can directly have an effect on the bacteria. Only antibiotics or 412nm light radiation can do that.

Reducing oil production in the hair follicles is the only way to directly prevent pimples. This works by effectively starving the acne bacteria, until they all die and come out of the skin via a pimple.

Made-up liver flushing techniques are not being researched because they have already been found to be useless.

I hear a lot about these liver flushes and how 'toxins in your body escape through your skin'.

If someone were to read about the research done on acne, they would know that pimples are not toxins escaping through your skin. Rather, they are made of oil and dead bacteria. The oil is produced in every hair follicle on your body.

If toxins really did escape through the skin, and not through feces and urine, people would have pimples all over their body--in every hair follicle.

If one's liver toxicity was so high that their skin began to excrete pus, they would not be worried about their appearance as they would be dead.

Studies have shown that, for the average person, one's diet has no correlation to oil production.

There is no way diet can have an effect on acne, because acne is a bacteria foreign to the human body. Nothing the body does can directly have an effect on the bacteria. Only antibiotics or 412nm light radiation can do that.

Reducing oil production in the hair follicles is the only way to directly prevent pimples. This works by effectively starving the acne bacteria, until they all die and come out of the skin via a pimple.

Made-up liver flushing techniques are not being researched because they have already been found to be useless.