Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil=Break Out???

MemberMember
(@dom88)

Posted : 02/18/2009 10:54 pm

I've been reading this on many threads...Does using too much jojoba oil cause break outs???? I wouldn't be surprised because it is an OIL but can someone just verify this for me i'd really appreciate it. and if there is already a thread going on this topic just refer me to the link!

Dom

MemberMember
(@t-j-3)

Posted : 02/19/2009 12:12 am

I've been reading this on many threads...Does using too much jojoba oil cause break outs???? I wouldn't be surprised because it is an OIL but can someone just verify this for me i'd really appreciate it. and if there is already a thread going on this topic just refer me to the link!

Dom

I started the Regimen last October. I had mild, to (at its worst) moderate acne. Through November and December I used all three Acne.org products and I applied the moisturizer twice a day, which in itself contains Jojoba Oil. Plus, I added 4-5 drops of extra Jojoba Oil to it every time. I cleared up pretty much completely and stayed that way with really no breakouts at all. I wouldn't worry about it.

MemberMember
(@katt99)

Posted : 02/19/2009 12:43 am

I use jojoba on a daily basis--as a cleanser, moisturizer, lip-moisturizer, as a conditioner, i put it on my hands and elbows....i love the stuff and I put a LOT on, i slather myself in it lol. BUT everyone reacts differently. Jojoba is in fact a wax not an oil. But it shouldn't make a difference because it is also a common myth that oils in general lead to acne.

I say you try it. Chances are you won't hate it but you won't love it. So you probably won't end up being a jojoba holic like me. :)

MemberMember
(@dom88)

Posted : 02/19/2009 1:03 am

So you probably won't end up being a jojoba holic like me. :)

haha jojoba-holic! I LOVE IT! lol

and thank you guys just wanted to make sure!

MemberMember
(@eddy_if)

Posted : 02/20/2009 11:17 pm

I little confused with this Jojoba. I used this jojoba mix with my sunscreen, usually 1-2 drops every morning after I apply Clindamycin. I use this regimen for 1 week.

Suddenly, I got 2 red big bumps in my left cheeks that I never got these. I didnt know this caused by Jojoba or not. Or this is purging ???

I hope not, because I like jojoba.

MemberMember
(@mauwong)

Posted : 02/21/2009 12:19 pm

I tried jojoba oil before on my face, and at that time, I broke out. Of course, other things could have caused it, but I can't get the nerve to try again.

MemberMember
(@deleted10)

Posted : 02/23/2009 12:01 am

Oils in general do not cause acne. It is just a fact that when your skin is dirty it is oily, and the bacteria that happens to cause acne is often oily. Just because "liquid X" if consumed is poisonous does not mean that any liquid is poisonous, get what i'm trying to say ?? :P

MemberMember
(@bacardee)

Posted : 02/28/2009 1:58 am

Dom

Jojoba Oil is actually a wax, the oil part is to make it sound better Jojoba Wax is not a very pleasant name for something going on your skin. And it is non-comedogenic and mimics your own skin's sebum(oil) so its virtually impossible for you to breakout from it unless of course you are allergic to jojoba seeds.

MemberMember
(@hermitcrab)

Posted : 03/30/2009 1:20 am

Ive definitely found a correlation between jojoba oil and breakouts for me. It sucks because I really do like the stuff. For some reason it only breaks me out on my forehead. But each time I stop and go back to the original regimen I clear right up. Ill probably keep trying though.

MemberMember
(@burgerking)

Posted : 04/05/2009 3:08 pm

Jojoba never made me break out. I add it to my moisturizer twice a day and it's really saved my skin from drying and flakes-- seriously the drying was horrible. I would recommend it to everyone.

MemberMember
(@utahjazzfan)

Posted : 04/08/2009 7:31 pm

Ive definitely found a correlation between jojoba oil and breakouts for me. It sucks because I really do like the stuff. For some reason it only breaks me out on my forehead. But each time I stop and go back to the original regimen I clear right up. Ill probably keep trying though.

Same thing happened to me. I forgot the first week to use it, tried it the 2nd week and got 2 zits on my forehead the next day. That made me nervous so I didn't use it for a few days with no breakouts. I tried it again about a week later and got a new zit. It could just be coincidence but my face is usually pretty clear (I suffer from body breakouts) until I tried this stuff. I'm really paranoid about trying it again.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/19/2009 4:09 pm

I tried jojoba oil before on my face, and at that time, I broke out. Of course, other things could have caused it, but I can't get the nerve to try again.

That happened to me too! I tried it again though. I just didnt use it as a moisturizer. I apply it to a couple of cotton balls and apply jojoba oil on them. Then I use it to remove my make up and then of course I wash my face

MemberMember
(@junkeroos)

Posted : 05/28/2009 1:06 am

Jojoba "oil" is not recommended for oily skin, is it?

MemberMember
(@wowacne)

Posted : 08/02/2010 11:47 pm

Jojoba Oil is meant for oily skin.

But I don't know how the results vary. I'm about to try for my oily skin.

Did anybody breakout from applying jojoba oil on oily skin?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/17/2010 4:11 am

Jojoba Oil is meant for oily skin.

But I don't know how the results vary. I'm about to try for my oily skin.

Did anybody breakout from applying jojoba oil on oily skin?

yea did anyone breakout by applying jojoba oil to their oily skin?

MemberMember
(@wowacne)

Posted : 09/17/2010 8:32 am

If it does breakout, it means that the breakout was going to happen anyway. It brings toxins to the surface and cleans it from inside out. Jojoba oil only helps you. This initial breakout is actually the the process of cleaning your pores.

MemberMember
(@lilkelseyboo)

Posted : 08/16/2012 1:35 pm

ive been reading a lot about the jojoba oil breaking out people's skin and it scared me A LOT. i was about to buy it but now i dont want too. just a few minutes ago my co-worker told me she used Aveeno's sensitive skin lotion. im pretty sure its the blue bottle. i use Aveeno and it helps me a lot except im using the green bottle which is for daily moistieruzing. but im going to get the blue one. it works, so forget about the Jojoba oil lol

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 08/19/2012 1:12 pm

ive been reading a lot about the jojoba oil breaking out people's skin and it scared me A LOT. i was about to buy it but now i dont want too. just a few minutes ago my co-worker told me she used Aveeno's sensitive skin lotion. im pretty sure its the blue bottle. i use Aveeno and it helps me a lot except im using the green bottle which is for daily moistieruzing. but im going to get the blue one. it works, so forget about the Jojoba oil lol

Ive been into researching skin care for a longggg time now, and i'll tell you what...

EVERYTHING breaks people out. There is not a single product out there that will work for everybody. The criteria I use to buy products now is:

A. Does the product empirically (scientifically) break you out/clog your pores

B. Does it work for the majority of people

Now, I don't know what you have read, but reviews on this site and on makeupalley (another product review site) and all over the internet are very positive for jojoba oil...it rarely breaks people out. Do some google searches for it also, you'll see that it often helps preventing acne as opposed to causing now.

In my own personal experience, I have skin that is very sensitive to products, and I can slather on jojoba oil without it breaking me out.

So, can it break you out? Yes. Will it break you out? Probably not... It makes my skin glow and I love it

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/25/2012 3:10 am

It doesn't seem to clog my pores, but it a jojoba/castor mix does seem to pull stuff to the surface faster, somehow. Similar to, but not quite as severe, as the effect I get from a retinoid. Jojoba oil is a transdermal carrier so it can help other products penetrate deeper into the skin. This is useful if you're treating under the skin bumps with tea tree oil. Mix it with a bit of jojoba.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 10/03/2012 11:35 pm

Jojoba oil is helping as a moisturizer for me. However, I'm having trouble staying clear once I started using it.

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 10/04/2012 2:12 pm

I'm pretty sure it has been clogging my pores

MemberMember
(@coaprue)

Posted : 06/08/2013 3:29 am

Jojoba oil like sea buckthorn oil helps to purge acne causing materials upward to the skin's surface. Initially this can cause acne to get worse, but it's nothing to worry about.

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/10/2013 10:38 am

I only use a couple of drops in my moisturiser and it works wonders, takes down the redness left by my 10% and definitely helps with dryness/tightness/flaking

(@LewisS)

Posted : 06/10/2013 11:28 am

I just bought some dessert essence jojoba oil today. I sure hope it doesn't break me out, because I'm pretty clear right now!

I want to use it as a cleanser and moisturiser and possibly treat my skin with something like tea-tree oil.

MemberMember
(@smooth-operator)

Posted : 06/27/2013 4:19 pm

I think it's possible.

I know so many people swear by oils and the OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) but I am one of those who just absolutely CANNOT put any type of oils on my face, including jojoba.

I am guaranteed to break out of I do.