Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ASNY

acnomel

I recently changed from aczone to acnomel and have been amazed at how well it has worked.

I started using acnomel 4 days ago, stopped tetracycline, and basically has seen zero breakouts. Although it is tinted, it helps to hide the red marks a little and it has done a great job in fading the marks so far.

I am surprised that it is not talked about in the adult forum more often.

inflammatory acne, 40 nodules on forehead and few on either side of face. Now all the nodules have calm and flattened, and most importantly no more new ones.

I recently changed from aczone to acnomel and have been amazed at how well it has worked.

I started using acnomel 4 days ago, stopped tetracycline, and basically has seen zero breakouts. Although it is tinted, it helps to hide the red marks a little and it has done a great job in fading the marks so far.

inflammatory acne, 40 nodules on forehead and few on either side of face. Now all the nodules have calm and flattened, and most importantly no more new ones.

Isn't it something like an OTC version of Sulfacet-R? I have been using Clenia foam wash (sulfur + sulfacetamide) and it works great getting rid of blackheads.

I'm really flad to hear that acnomel is working out for you! I'm thinkin of maybe trying that or sulfacet. My acne is not severe but I do get those painful volcanoes and I'm trying to prevent. So let us know how this works for you. BTW, why did u stop the aczone? Good luck!!

I'm really flad to hear that acnomel is working out for you! I'm thinkin of maybe trying that or sulfacet. My acne is not severe but I do get those painful volcanoes and I'm trying to prevent. So let us know how this works for you. BTW, why did u stop the aczone? Good luck!!

I stopped the aczone because although it has helped, I was still getting some inflammatory nodules.

Now I have been on acnomel for 2 weeks, no more outbreaks. I have to say it is 100% better. I use acnomel am and pm, and put on a thin layer of Klaron after the acnomel dries. This has worked tremedously. I am no longer taking antibiotics and canceled my second laser appointment.

For those of you who don't mind a little drying effects, I highly recommend it!

I'm so happy to hear this is working for you. Saturday night I said I might as well since my derm said no to sulfacet without an appointment. So I used it on the huuuge zit I had under my eye and the scab fell off the next day. I used it on a zit I could feel forming on my forehead last night. It felt like a bruise but I said what the hell. It still feels bruised today but I can actually say that it never erupted. Its flat and I don't really see a red spot. My skin overall is SUPER parched but it doesn't look it really. It just feels hella dry! Anyway, I'm glad I ran in to your post ASNY. I was at work looking up reviews for acnomel and bumped in to this thread. Hope it works for me as it does you. Good luck and keep us posted!

I'm so happy to hear this is working for you. Saturday night I said I might as well since my derm said no to sulfacet without an appointment. So I used it on the huuuge zit I had under my eye and the scab fell off the next day. I used it on a zit I could feel forming on my forehead last night. It felt like a bruise but I said what the hell. It still feels bruised today but I can actually say that it never erupted. Its flat and I don't really see a red spot. My skin overall is SUPER parched but it doesn't look it really. It just feels hella dry! Anyway, I'm glad I ran in to your post ASNY. I was at work looking up reviews for acnomel and bumped in to this thread. Hope it works for me as it does you. Good luck and keep us posted!

Be patient, give it about 2-3 weeks to make a conclusion whether it works or not. It will be drying, but personally I think it is worth it. I started it valentine's day, 3 weeks later I do not have one inflammatory nodule (1-2 superficial ones that went away fast). I also recommend you put a thin layer all over two times a day (as directed). I found sulfur based meds to be quite effective for me now that I am over 30 ( the teenager stuff no longer works). I used to wash with expensive Kiehl's salicylic wash, but I switch that to Grandpa's thylox soap bar which is also sulfur based (available online and GNC store). So it is am shower wash with soap, then a layer of acnomel. THen I go to work. To make it less drying I put on a thin layer of Klaron (5% sulfacetamide, need a prescription) which makes your skin very smooth and much less drying. When I come home, I dabbed a little acnomel on specific spots and at nighttime, I repeat the am process. Key is a layer all over. The alternative to combat dryness I ( and my dermatologist) recommend aveeno moisturizer

Now you may complain about the tint. Sulfur naturally has a yellow discoloration (wash your hands thoroughly after application). I am in some ways fortunate, as my asian skin tone almost exactly matches the acnomel. However, I would say if it is going to work, stick to it for 2-3 weeks. If it helps, you and others will give you more respect for trying to improve the quality of your life

GOOD LUCK! I sincerely hope it will help you as it has for me.

where can you find this (in Canada)?

In Canada—

Acne-Aid Gel

Acnomel Cake

Acnomel Cream

Acnomel Vanishing Cream

Rezamid Lotion

Its been 5 days now. Last week I was feeling an itchy spot on my left cheek near my eye. So it did become a pimple but I have been dabbing the acnomel on it. I popped it last night. Though there was no head to it it felt really hot and it was throbbing so I did pop it. There was minimal swelling before I popped it and after it wasn't swollen anymore. Today its a flat pink spot. That was an A+ for me because those types of zits usually erupt and get so swollen. So my skin looks very dry and flakey, but as long as I have no zits I do not care! I currently use purpose face wash but if the acnomel continues to help I may switch to that thylox soap. Now that I think about it at the very end of my pregnancy I used a sulfur based soap with aloe vera in it and it seemed quite helpful with my severe acne. I was never able to find the soap again at the store I bought it from! Anyway, I hope it keeps working!

Okaaaay! So far so good. I will give it a little more time before I make my judgement on how well this works. I went to the store today to see if I could find that soap I used during my last weeks of pregnancy and I found it! Its called SUL RAY acne soap. 5% sulfur with aloe in it! I will be using that with acnomel the next few days to see how it goes. I only got 1 new zit on my forehead on monday I believe and it was finally white tonight, so yes I popped it. We'll see how it wakes up in the morning. The girl at the store reccomended yellow dock herbal supplements and I bought it buuuuut I'm going to wait it out a bit before I swallow any more pills. Hope you're still havin great results ASNY

Okaaaay! So far so good. I will give it a little more time before I make my judgement on how well this works. I went to the store today to see if I could find that soap I used during my last weeks of pregnancy and I found it! Its called SUL RAY acne soap. 5% sulfur with aloe in it! I will be using that with acnomel the next few days to see how it goes. I only got 1 new zit on my forehead on monday I believe and it was finally white tonight, so yes I popped it. We'll see how it wakes up in the morning. The girl at the store reccomended yellow dock herbal supplements and I bought it buuuuut I'm going to wait it out a bit before I swallow any more pills. Hope you're still havin great results ASNY

One pimple over the whole week. O/W the whole face is completely clear! Looking back at a pic of myself 3 weeks ago, It is literally a night and day difference. Keep up the good work!

Is acnomel an over the counter medication or is it prescription only? Sounds like something worth trying!

Acnomel IS worth trying in my opinion. It can be very drying though (I don't care about that). Seems to be helping a lot. You can get it at walgreens, rite-aid, cvs, and longs drugstore.

Acnomel IS worth trying in my opinion. It can be very drying though (I don't care about that). Seems to be helping a lot. You can get it at walgreens, rite-aid, cvs, and longs drugstore.

Prego..

I am so glad you are sticking with it. Just to report I am completely clear! Also It has been much less drying perhaps my skin is getting used to it. I usually put a thin layer on after showers and it becomes much easier to apply on moist skin.

It has been almost one month now. I no longer feel stressed about my acne and feel so much more confident.

I recall when I was in my teenage years, I had moderate acne and I used persa-gel (benzoyl peroxide) and put a layer all over twice a day just like Dan is suggesting. It feels like now I am an adult, I am responding very well with sulfur based medications with the same technique.

For those who wants to try it I highly encourage it. I hope everyone can benefit from it the same way I have.

Last night I got 2 new zits and woke up this morning to a new one making a total of 3. The only visible one was the one I poked. However, 2 were very small but slightly inflammed and they are now no longer inflammed. The one I poked was angry at me this morning but it is all flattened out with a smaaaaall scab. Again, this is something that was not "normal" prior to using the acnomel. My zits would throb, were very red and inflammed and if I poked em they would be VERY red for a few days then scab over, fall off and leave a purple mark. I am getting my cycle this week so it is a very typical break out. However, the pimples I have gotten since using acnomel have not been as big as they were, they have healed extremely fast and I have NO red or purple marks because the scabs I do get are hardly scabs. So although I am still breaking out somewhat it is very manageable and I am not really stressing off of it. Its been at least 10 days and I have already seen a difference in the acne and its healing. I am hoping that after this cycle my skin will have well tolerated this product and my "magic" soap..;aajjaa and that I will no longer breakout weekly. Once or twice a month is fine but every week still seems annoying to me! ASNY, I am so happy to hear about your confidence and happiness. I absolutely know what it feels like to look a certain way and feel like the world is staring and talking about you! Cheers and I will keep posting my progress!