Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bbydll

lactic acid burns or irritations

I just used lactic acid peel 55% not more than 10 minutes and I think I burned my skin. I put it evenly all over my face but the areas that are irritated and burning are only where I have acne scars. The normal skin is not red or burning. I also have peeling in these areas. I put aloe vera and it is soothing and I put on aquaphor, and a tiny bit of blue cop to help with the healing. O my god I hope I did not permanently damage my skin. I was using retin a and Super Cop alternating them. I used Super cop the night prior to the peel and when I put on the lactic acid peel it was burning more than previous times. Has anyone had this happen to them and how did your skin heal. Thank you for your attention #-o

Ahhh ... it is advised NOT to use something like retina-a or similar before peels like that, makes your skin more sensitive.

You should be OK though (coz I've done this myself) and you will probably find that once it flakes off, your skin looks good.

Don't worry.

Hi, speedracer. No this was not the first time I had used the peel. I had used it about 3 times before. As a matter of fact I used it about 1-2 weeks ago with no problems. Maybe I had not been using the retin a as often back then. Maybe its too many products at once. I was not using the super cop either. I think its progressing (healing) from last night. I have brownish scabs now. I put on aloe vera gel straight from the plant. I am wondering if I should continue putting on a tiny bit of the super cop since alot of people here have used it to heal after procedures or maybe I should leave it alone the first few days and then use the super cop.

Youre 4th peel at 10 min, wow. I did my 4th at 5 min and thought that was tough enough. Didnt someone do a peel for 30min scabed/browned and then had wicked awesome skin after everything healed?

Guest Tracy

Yeah, that was Nancy (smilingeyes).

Wow, better skin after those ugly brown scabs. I hope that ends up being my case. I will be happy if I just dont develop worst scars. #-o Can you please tell me where I can find Nancy's posts? What type of peel did she use and I was wondering whether she had the scabs just on her acne scars like me or if it extended to her good skin also?