Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meat_pirate86

What Did You Eat Today?

About to put on a pot of buffalo stew with carrots, onion, chard and celery. The yumness begins.

Mmm stew - probably the worlds best food. You can make any type of stew, with practically any ingredients.... seafood, lamb, chicken, pork.. Do you add marrow bones - or a bone stock?

About to put on a pot of buffalo stew with carrots, onion, chard and celery. The yumness begins.

Mmm stew - probably the worlds best food. You can make any type of stew, with practically any ingredients.... seafood, lamb, chicken, pork.. Do you add marrow bones - or a bone stock?

I know, and it's soooo satisfynig when it's cold outside!

I usually have a freezer full of different meat stocks... but it has been depleted and currently I only have turkey stock from our big 15lb turkey carcass. That's what I'm using for the buffalo stew, different, but I'm not afraid to try new things. I've added some bay leaves and red wine and so far it tastes good.

My local farm will usually have soup bones for sale and I will also save up bones from when we have lamb or ribs or whatever to make into bone broth. I like to make the bone broth first rather than cook my soup with bones in it, because I let the bones simmer for at least 24 hours.

My local farm will usually have soup bones for sale and I will also save up bones from when we have lamb or ribs or whatever to make into bone broth. I like to make the bone broth first rather than cook my soup with bones in it, because I let the bones simmer for at least 24 hours.

Yea having the stock made before hand is where it's at. I cheat though, I know a WAPF chapter lead and she sells pre-made bone stocks with no added ingredients.. they are like meat jello at room temp. I mix and match broth/meats all the time.. usually tastes just fine.. if not better.

EDIT: I've made broths a couple times but I find it just isn't as good :/ and of course time consuming.. kudos to you

Edited by moonbase

they are like meat jello at room temp.

Yes, that is how you know it's good stuff. What's wrong with your broths? Flavor, consistency?

Making another batch of broth today, picked up sheep, cow, and buffalo bones, and throwing in some chicken livers for good measure. Also making some lugaw, still experimenting trying to come up with my own take on it, but it's one of my favorite foods by far :D Also going to make some tom yum, though I don't have all the ingredients I'd like, the lime & coconut milk are the main flavors of the dish I'd say.

Also, I had leftover pizza :evil:

I ate grapes, and a bannana. For dinner I will have guacamole and cole slaw with sea salt. I find that I don't crave cookies if I put salt in my food, everything tastes amazing with salt, even plain cucumbers.

Last night a had vegetable/tomato soup and it made my cheeks flare red, so I'm going to try and bake my vegetables instead and wait til they cool so my face doesn't become bright red.

I had a chicken salad with some green pepper, cabbage and garlic.

And I can't find unsalted pumpkin seeds. Is it safe to eat them medium salted?

I had a chicken salad with some green pepper, cabbage and garlic.

And I can't find unsalted pumpkin seeds. Is it safe to eat them medium salted?

Give em a rinse.. should eliminate most of the salt. However I would be looking for RAW pumpkin seeds.. the roasting process would do some serious damage to the fats (mainly o6).

Edited by moonbase

Black tea with some herbs thrown in.

Day 1 of fast.

Going for 10 days.

Wish me luck.

You've got swag, no luck needed! With that said, I hope it goes great for you :)

Started my day off with some lugaw topped with some slightly fried chicken, ginger, garlic, and onions. Super delicious. I want to make that chili pepper oil they have in most southeast asian restaurants I've been to as well.

This is fun! (or, more like: this is a fun way to put off reading an extremley boring book on social research methodology)

Breakfast: Rice crackers w mashed pumpkin, 1 1/2 boiled eggs, oats w soy milk

Lunch: Mango-raspberry-ginger-spinach smoothie, a pear, about 15 baby carrots and a piece of bread

Afternoon snacking: 3 bananas, 2 apples

Dinner: Shrimp cooked in garlic, cassava, a piece of spanish tortilla, some avocado and a slice of watermelon (my roomie made cuban food for dinner for her friends and I couldn't say no when she asked if i'd join in... Cassava was really good, never had that before)

Went to the supermarket today and got lots of arugula, sweet potatoes, apples, broccoli, salmon and some other white fish, kiwis, cucumber... tomorrow lunch will be goooood

Chip shop chips

Sausages, mash potato and gravy

Two packets of crisps

A plain omelet and two strips of bacon

A glass of coke

A cup of green tea

A pint of orange juice

:/ bad

Breakfast: Green tea and steamed butternut squash w/ cinnamon and coconut oil

Lunch: Grass fed chuck roast

Snack: Red grapes

Dinner: Cooked up a lamb neck all day. Ate the meat off the bones, drank some of the stock and saved the rest.

Snack: Grapes and some more squash

Day 3/10 of my fast.

Had some calcium bentonite in water to flush some gunk out. It tasted like really chalky milk. Woke up today and felt like poop, which most likely means I'm going into ketosis.

Sipping White Tea. Even Green Tea's slightly higher caffeine content makes me a bit jittery now.

Edited by chunkylard

Guest pokemonster

why are you fasting?

arent you already clear from that perfect diet your at all the time??

Breakfast: a cuppa green tea (and it was time for lunch already)

Lunch: brown rice and daal, broccoli

Snack: some grapefruit

Evening snack: oats with ground flaxseeds and an omelette

Fresh carrot and spinach juice

I want more food already >={

why are you fasting?

arent you already clear from that perfect diet your at all the time??

My diet isn't perfect. Close to it, but I don't deny myself bad pleasures every once in a while because it's 2011 and I get high periodically which means I get munchies for less-than-healthy stuff. Yes, I'm already clear, but I'm not sure what fasting has to do with that.

Not only people with acne can fast. Fasting is good for everyone.

Yesterday:

-3 cups of green tea

-2 leftover flaxmeal/veggie pulp pizza slices with kimchi, pork (from the broth I cooked for 12ish hours- pretty tasteless but added nice texture), sauerkraut, and the rest of my housemate's white aged cheese (not very much)

-small container of kimchi (a convenience store near me sells it, the owner's wife makes it)

-some purple cabbage coleslaw, which was up for grabs in the breakroom

-grandma cookie, from the vending machine and full of processed junk, also up for grabs in the breakroom

-chocolate cream from the cafe at work, like a small pot of pudding (new guilty pleasure)

-fillet of sole (whitefish) lightly cooked in shiitakes, 2 tbsp of butter, onions, minced garlic, and dill. Threw in some chard towards the end. GOOD DINNER

-organic applesauce with a can of lychee added (drained the syrup), sprinkled some chinese 5 spice powder, ground aniseed, cinnamon, and shredded coconut on top

Sugar, man...it's tough to get away from.

Honey Nut Cheerios with milk X_X

2 slices of pizza

and about to have left over turkey for dinner.

Not a lot but I think the milk and the pizza will do enough damage lol.