Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ForSure

To EVERYONE around the 1 month mark or so

Hi! I'm about 4 to 4 and a half weeks or so into my 60mg Clarus brand Accutane prescription. I've cleared up a lot - most of what's left on my face is old red marks, with the exception of one or two tiny little spots.

More noticeably, my skin is not oily anymore. It used to be really oily, so much so that I would go through these little blue Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets like a fire through a forest. I don't even think about using them now.

Most importantly, I don't break out into massive painful cysts anymore - if I get a little pimple, they're small and barely noticeable, and dry up and flake away relatively fast.

I was wondering what all the other people approaching the 1 month mark (3 weeks) or just past the 1 month mark (5 weeks or so) are experiencing as far as changes with their faces...please post here...share your experience! I love you :)

I'm exactly at the one month mark. Initially I had dry skin and lips, but that has stopped and my skin is "just right" now. I've already cleared up noticeably too. The only side effect I have now is a rash on the backs of my hands when I don't put Aquaphor or something on them every other day. Good luck!

Hello!

Today is day 35 for me :) My face is surprisingly clear at the moment which makes me very happy :dance: I also have red spots on the back of my right hand if I don't put Aquaphor on it. Just a couple days ago I also noticed large sections of my arms also have a very rough texture to them but you can't really see it. I put Aquaphor on it but it hasn't seemed to help much. After I rub Aquaphor on it, it starts itching.

The first month I had some hair loss and dandruff but that has since gone away with a new shampoo. I've also had some headaches but not too bad. I got eye drops to help with those.

I never really got too bad of an IB. What about you guys? Do you think it's possible to still get one now that we've been on this stuff for a month? I suppose if my derm ups my dosage I could get one... :think:

I wish you luck!

I am just into the 1 month mark, and my face is about the same as it was before I began, my only concern is that there are soo many little bumps, and I feel are so noticable and it bothers me

Im on week 5 or 6.. 40mg 1x day. I had no Initial breakout. first week nothing. 2nd-3rd week my face was really red and oily (but clearing up). week 4 my redness subsided and i am no longer oily. though my face is somewhat red. I did get a little breakout this week. A big cyst on my cheek above my lip and some small ones on the edge of my lip. My overall complexion looks amazing. I am so glad i finally decided to take it after years of antibiotics and scared of side affects.

Hey everybody,

I am just coming up to the one month mark....I went through a bad break out in the first week, which calmed down really quickly. My face is the clearest it has ever been at the moment. I have just got the dry lips and skin under control, but have noticed the red rash/marks on the back of my hands that people have mentioned. I dont feel so worried about it now, reading that other people are going through it!! :)

The one thing that bothers me is my neck.....in the crease where my neck and jaw kinda meet. I have really wild flare ups in this area, all the time....I dont know what causes it, maybe shaving other it doesnt help, but I try to avoid it.....and I have realised that putting moisteriser on it aggravates it alot. Also stessing about blood tests doesnt help the situation, as I faint in all of em!Ah well, my face is the clearest it has been at the moment so I am over the moon about that!....My dosage is going up at my derm appointment this week, from 40mg a day to 60....so hopefully will see bigger improvements.

Good luck everybody!

Peace

Danny

Thanks everyone for replying. It sounds like all six of us are going through the exact same things around our 1 month marks.

Danny: as far as the flare ups 'round the jaw line, I get the exact same thing when I shave. It's definitely from the increased thinness and sensitivity of my skin from the Accutane. Try looking for an ultra sensitive foamingshaving cream called "Neutrogena for men, SHAVING DEFENSE". It comes in a white and blue bottle like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21bc...w8L._SL160_.jpg

Alternatively, you could do what I did - I invested in an electric razor and I get WAY less irritation and I can keep a very short five o'clock shadow of scruffiness. My girlfriend says it's sexy, hahaha.

Anyone else around the one month mark have stories to share?

Im coming to the end of my 3rd week (friday)

However i think my course will be different to you guys...

Basically i had to start on one a day for two weeks as my derm was on holiday and I didnt want to wait any longer to start it. Last friday i officially increased my dosage to 3 a day and during this week ive had the red face (still there slightly) alot more spots and those red marks/things on the backs of my hands. The dry skin/lips are also apparent.

Forsure - Thanks alot for the advice, these flare ups are really bad in that area, so your advice is much appreciated....I will just have to try and find some cash for that electric razor!! Thanks again!

Danny

well, i am about 3 weeks. my face has dramatically cleared up. all that is left is the bumps in my forehead but they are not noticable. my skin is dry but it looks so much better. the red marks are almost done. its been progressing good. just dry lips and face thats all. small price to pay

Hey guys,

a little update: I'm going through a second initial breakout? I got two new raging cysts, one on my chin and one on my upper right cheek. Also, two new little spots that don't really bother me much but are nonetheless present. This sucks.

How are you guys doing?