Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been around the forums for quite a while now, but now i feel like i finally need to say something and finally register =P

So I've had my red marks for quite a while now, and my marks are big, red, and plenty. I've tried a lot of things to remove them, or heck even fade them, but none have worked so far. I REALLLY don't wanna use a peel... I'm kinda skeptical about burning my own skin and they're quite expensive... and I just don't have the money to use on expensive products. So the things I've tried so far are Aspirin Mask, Tretinoin ( Retin-A ), scotch tape...(yes i know), and yea, cheap stuff.

I know you get what you paid for, but my red marks aren't even fading, which is the worst part. My skin is smooth to touch, so I don't think I really have any permanent scars, just big red marks that seem like scars.

I also heard that sudocrem works, does it fade them? I might give it a try considering how cheap it is.

Please help me with this! T_T

Hi Mattsongb,

I read your message and you must try the Fraxel Laser for your post inflammatory hyperpigmentation scars (red blotches). I did have textural scars also, but the redness in the scar went away with the first treatment! I'm not sure where you live but if you're located in Toronto go to Bellair Laser Clinic. The prices are reasonable and the service incredible (just a suggestion).

Someone once told me that the red marks would go away but it's not true. I had my marks for over 4 years so I did some research and did something about it.

That was my experience anyway. Here's the website if you're interested:

Good Luck!

Hi Mattsongb,

I read your message and you must try the Fraxel Laser for your post inflammatory hyperpigmentation scars (red blotches). I did have textural scars also, but the redness in the scar went away with the first treatment! I'm not sure where you live but if you're located in Toronto go to Bellair Laser Clinic. The prices are reasonable and the service incredible (just a suggestion).

Someone once told me that the red marks would go away but it's not true. I had my marks for over 4 years so I did some research and did something about it.

That was my experience anyway. Here's the website if you're interested:

Good Luck!

Don't listen to her. My red marks dramatically decreased in one year.

Well the thing is if you picked your acne, the scar/red mark/ pigment will last for a very long time. I had 2 white heads above my lip 3 months ago, I let it tried and heal itself and now its almost gone. Compared to the others that I've picked, the marks remained the same after 6 months. That's my experience so yeah.

I've been around the forums for quite a while now, but now i feel like i finally need to say something and finally register =P

So I've had my red marks for quite a while now, and my marks are big, red, and plenty. I've tried a lot of things to remove them, or heck even fade them, but none have worked so far. I REALLLY don't wanna use a peel... I'm kinda skeptical about burning my own skin and they're quite expensive... and I just don't have the money to use on expensive products. So the things I've tried so far are Aspirin Mask, Tretinoin ( Retin-A ), scotch tape...(yes i know), and yea, cheap stuff.

I know you get what you paid for, but my red marks aren't even fading, which is the worst part. My skin is smooth to touch, so I don't think I really have any permanent scars, just big red marks that seem like scars.

I also heard that sudocrem works, does it fade them? I might give it a try considering how cheap it is.

Please help me with this! T_T

You know, we are both have the same problem but I found the right product that really helps in fading my red marks..My red marks are noticeably fading now.. :dance:

true red marks will disappear by itself but it takes a really long time. For me it took 1 and a half years. Go for an IPL to speed things up.

Yea I'm thinking of getting laser treatment as a LAST LAST resort, but not anytime soon as it's way over my budget. I figured that I'd have to wait a bit longer. I had really bad acne on my forehead and I had lots of red marks, but now the red marks are almost all faded and it's really easy to conceal them. I guess cheek red marks are just take a bit longer than forehead spots. I just hope these red marks fade to the point where a concealer can easily cover them by summer though!