Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happy*gal

Srtivectin on pitted scars?

There is a poster on this board who has used Srtivectin on her pitted scars and they are now completely gone. She has one deep one left and it has improved dramatically. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this for spot treating their scars. I would really like to try it since my scarring is pretty shallow, but it is very expensive. any comments/suggestions? thanks guys!!!!

It's actually a stretch-mark cream that was also touted as a miracle 'cure' for wrinkles. I've used it on my stretch marks and it seemed to smooth them a little, but I would never put this product on my face, although some do.

I've heard that it can cause severe breakouts if applied to the face, so be careful!

I agree with Maya. It was a scam. I seriously doubt any topical product will ever be effective on pockmarked scars!

I spoke with this person again today and she has said once again that strivectin was extremely effective in getting rid of her scars. she said that it took about 2 months for them to completely go away. I think I am going to give this a shot since I am only trying to improve some shallow scarred pores. The way I see it, if something like vinegar can reduce rolling scars then I am definately going to try this.

Well, i've made the decision to by this product as soon as I pay all of my bills....i'm very excited about this and i will keep you all updated. wish me luck!!!! biggrin.gif/

I found this post on the boards at the Alley:

I've seen two girls at work make a huge difference in their skin using........r/o ( )

Strivectin SD. Both are terribly acne prone, and had that rough pitted skin, but the Strivectin has really smoothed their face out. I'm very acne prone, and haven't tried it because my face is actually very smooth and my acne is totally under control at the moment. I'm afraid to try this on my face because I've read on here several reports of it breaking people out. And we have had one return where it broke one clients face out.

But I'm telling you, I've personally seen it work on both of those girls faces. As with anything though, what works for one, may not work for someone else, so I'd suggest she ask for a sample first!

HTH

Read more Here.

well, i've had this cream and like i said, I used it for stretch marks and it *seemed* to be smoothing them a little, but the consistency is such that there is just NO WAY I would put it on my face.

It screams "BREAKOUT ALERT!" as it's quite gloopy.

It's also ridiculously expensive, and I remember reading somewhere the company may be being investigated for something or other.

Sorry to be vague but I can't quite remember whether it was fraud or false advertising or whatnot.

Personally I would not buy into the hype, as with everything there are a few that it works for and the majority that have no luck. If this was a "miracle" in a tube we would have heard much more about it by now. Isn't it similar to the Olay Regenerist stuff?

Quite possibly.

I used two tubes at about 100 dollars apiece for my stretch marks, and the results were minimal.

I would think that a cream formulated for the body may well have ingredients that are comodegenic, too.