Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crzyakta

My first roll and needling :)

Im glad you posted that, because yes I have noticed that they are more filled. And if you think about the skin being pulled down like a funnel(I guess esp in the icepicks), as it comes up to level it would be wider I guess. Its just that I think that the stage that I'm at they look more noticeable because of this. Another problem is that I have two scars that are close together and they have started to spread into one another so it looks more like one bigger scar.Im not sure what I should do yet. Im thinking perhaps, just to make sure that I should just buy the rollers since I have heard that they are a safer bet.Any thoughts on this? Btw, the link that I had on the dr roller was good. It was about 65 dollars which is a good price I think. But do they sell them perhaps on ebay any cheaper, or anywhere or is that my best price? Thanks anyone that would know, finances are just pretty tight so making sure I'm getting the best deal! :think:

Ok, just did my third roll last night...same original prep...steaming, EMLA+plastic saram wrap for 1 hour, rinse, needle and roll

Needled nose scars, and some on my cheeks, followed by another aggressive roll, did a 3 minute LED treatment (using 660/880nm panel) on each side to try something new (which still very bloody), then a warm shower...will not LED again for 2 more days...finally, applied my topical C serum and went to bed

Will be posting more updates and specifics in about 2 weeks

crzyakta said:
did a 3 minute LED treatment (using 660/880nm panel) on each side to try something new (which still very bloody), then a warm shower...will not LED again for 2 more days...finally, applied my topical C serum and went to bed

I

PeePotteryPete said:
crzyakta said:
did a 3 minute LED treatment (using 660/880nm panel) on each side to try something new (which still very bloody), then a warm shower...will not LED again for 2 more days...finally, applied my topical C serum and went to bed

in another forum (essentialdayspa) i read that it's not good to use led after dermaroller.

what do you think about this?

hey ghet, yeah I was advised the same...and I play around with it with each roll I do...last time I waited 2 days before LEDs, the first time I think 1 day...this time I used LEDs while still very bloody

The point of it is (from what Bethany told me), you want the skin to go through inflammation for a period of time, it helps things along with collagen etc

I will use LEDs starting tomorrow...next roll I may wait 3 days before any sort of LED usage

One thing you need to remember... we scared for a reason and that reason is most likely an over active inflammatory response to wounding e.g. our acne didn't heal like normal because it was to inflammaed. People who are using light therapy that have normal skin, that doesn't scar....will need different treatment protocals.

I think using the leds straight away is fine.

good point lamarr, I may read more into that when I have time...but I see what you are saying about us inflammation-prone healers

I read in Lamer's thread that he used some kind of antibacterial cream (I believe). Did you use anything of that such?

No, I didnt, and I do get mini-breakouts for about 1-3 days post roll

And from my pretty in depth investigation to it: After an agressive roll, my skin begins to crust over with a layer that peels for 4-5 days...however when this 'layer' develops, it actually is occlusive to the pores underneath, causing a block by default

The faster my skin sheds this peely layer the faster the breakout subsides...at first I thought it was the 302 Serum I used post second roll (and this was also my first aggressive roll), however without this topical, I had the same exact issue with the third roll, which was also very aggressive

Right now, my skin is still peeling, and still has the superficial acne (they are not deep or cystic at all)...the skin looks aggravated and still red in those areas...will LED tonight, hopefully that will calm things down

During this time, I use emu oil and my C serum...no retinol for at least a few more days (skin is too sensitive)

No, I didnt, and I do get mini-breakouts for about 1-3 days post roll

And from my pretty in depth investigation to it: After an agressive roll, my skin begins to crust over with a layer that peels for 4-5 days...however when this 'layer' develops, it actually is occlusive to the pores underneath, causing a block by default

The faster my skin sheds this peely layer the faster the breakout subsides...at first I thought it was the 302 Serum I used post second roll (and this was also my first aggressive roll), however without this topical, I had the same exact issue with the third roll, which was also very aggressive

Right now, my skin is still peeling, and still has the superficial acne (they are not deep or cystic at all)...the skin looks aggravated and still red in those areas...will LED tonight, hopefully that will calm things down

During this time, I use emu oil and my C serum...no retinol for at least a few more days (skin is too sensitive)

you are flying thru your sessions crzyakta!! you are gonna pass me by at this rate. :D pedal to the metal man..no time to waste right..nice job, keep it up.

Hi crzyakta,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us--munsoned kindly referred me to your thread as I am also contemplating needling my nose scars. You've been very detailed with your procedure, but I wonder if you can also share how successful you have been with your nose scars after your 3 sessions.

Are you noticing any improvements? Have you encountered any problems needling semi-blocked/blocked nose pores? You also mentioned your vit A topical is clogging your pores a bit... in which case I wonder if it's really worth the application. I'm currently on tazorac, and I'm 3 months post accutane; thinking about attempting needling in 3 more months...

Many thanks.

Hey sosowie,

Yes I am, however for 1-2 weeks after the roll, my skin def looks worse and beat up

Needling however has much less down time, looking only swollen and irate for like 3-4 days max

The vitamin A I used that was clogging was from 302 skincare products, I now use Green Cream for my retinol, its the level 6 product (very good topical btw)...

I think I went a bit too aggressive on my right cheek, as the darker peely skin is lasting longer (still here 1 week after roll), most has peeled away, but there is still an uneven tone...hopefully it also goes away soon

left side seems to have healed fine (95% of the peeling is gone there)

That is very encouraging to hear! I believe you are the first I've found on these boards that have experienced improvement from your nose scars; others have all expressed finding zero or even worse results.

So to clarify, are you suggesting you've had better results from needling than dermarolling? How much improvement have you seen thus far?

As for your topicals, I'm currently on Tazorac, and I wonder if I should incorporate a Vit C topical to alternate...

Hey,

Needling vs rolling...I use a combination therapy for my cheeks...nose is only needling for obvious reasons...as for cheeks, I cannot do without the rolling (after needling the larger scars)

I would def look into alternating C and A, this was recommended to me by Boski from EDS...its to help reduce chances of saturation or inhibition of sorts from a particular topical

For nose needling, dont go nuts...pull the skin taut and hit angle with a VERY thin gauge needle...I am now doing like 5-6 stabs per scar...only like 3-4 scars though

Hey,

Needling vs rolling...I use a combination therapy for my cheeks...nose is only needling for obvious reasons...as for cheeks, I cannot do without the rolling (after needling the larger scars)

I would def look into alternating C and A, this was recommended to me by Boski from EDS...its to help reduce chances of saturation or inhibition of sorts from a particular topical

For nose needling, dont go nuts...pull the skin taut and hit angle with a VERY thin gauge needle...I am now doing like 5-6 stabs per scar...only like 3-4 scars though

crzyakta, where did you buy the 302 vitamin A/C stuff?